PDA

View Full Version : New IRC Server!! irc://stonegate.homeip.net - No OPs around! Cool for hanging around with friends!


Carl.Grotzki
October 4th 03, 08:15 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just found out that my Host is running a cool IRC Chat Server. It seems
very empty and there´s almost no OP around ever. Might be interesting for
some guys that want to hang around with their friends, clans, guilds or
whatever.

The Servername is: stonegate.homeip.net
The Port is: 6667

Dont tell anyone i gave you the adress ok ?! Didnt talk to the admin
about
it hehe.. maybe he´s not wanting me to publish that server.


Best Regards


Carl Grotzki

Email:

Adress:
Baumsdale Avenue 1192
Phone: 001-500-934-6212
Cellphone: 001-500-936-3245
Ortonville, Minnesota 56278
USA

John Hunter
October 5th 03, 02:32 AM
On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 20:15:26 +0200 "Carl.Grotzki"
> wrote:

> I just found out that my Host is running a cool IRC Chat Server. It seems
> very empty and there´s almost no OP around ever. Might be interesting for
> some guys that want to hang around with their friends, clans, guilds or
> whatever.
>
> The Servername is: stonegate.homeip.net
> The Port is: 6667
>
> Dont tell anyone i gave you the adress ok ?! Didnt talk to the admin
> about
> it hehe.. maybe he´s not wanting me to publish that server.
>
Yeah, I believe this.

I'm tempted to connect there just to see what happens. I doubt they can do
anything to Xchat running on Solaris. <grin>

---
Actually, I'm from Iowa. I only work in space. -J. Kirk

JM
October 5th 03, 10:29 AM
quoting:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I just found out that my Host is running a cool IRC Chat Server. It seems
> very empty and there´s almost no OP around ever. Might be interesting for
> some guys that want to hang around with their friends, clans, guilds or
> whatever.
>[...]

you just found an IRC server on your own computer. oh man. give me a
break.....

John Hunter
October 5th 03, 11:20 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 08:29:49 GMT (JM) wrote:

> quoting:
> > Hi Everyone!
> >
> > I just found out that my Host is running a cool IRC Chat Server. It seems
> > very empty and there´s almost no OP around ever. Might be interesting for
> > some guys that want to hang around with their friends, clans, guilds or
> > whatever.
> >[...]
>
> you just found an IRC server on your own computer. oh man. give me a
> break.....

He said his host, not his own computer.

---
Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are wiser than one man. How's that again? I missed something. -L. Long

JM
October 6th 03, 06:11 AM
quoting:
>> > I just found out that my Host is running a cool IRC Chat Server. It
>> > seems very empty and there´s almost no OP around ever. Might be
>> > interesting for some guys that want to hang around with their friends,
>> > clans, guilds or whatever.
>> >[...]
>>
>> you just found an IRC server on your own computer. oh man. give me a
>> break.....
>
>He said his host, not his own computer.


Well host, computer, *whatever*. Givin that his IP posting address is the
same as the IRC server's IP address, and then it's a dynamic IP block (ie
it's a home dsl or cable account) he probably bought a "server appliance"
device, then installed an IRC server on it. So therefore, he "found" an IRC
server on his own server appliance, which that server appliance is probably
sitting on a shelf somewhere in his bedroom. So I've concluded that he had
to turn in lying spammer mode in a aleezy attempt to get visits to the IRC
server.

Pat
October 13th 03, 06:09 PM
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 21:20:59 GMT, John Hunter >
wrote:

>On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 08:29:49 GMT (JM) wrote:
>
>> quoting:
>> > Hi Everyone!
>> >
>> > I just found out that my Host is running a cool IRC Chat Server. It seems
>> > very empty and there´s almost no OP around ever. Might be interesting for
>> > some guys that want to hang around with their friends, clans, guilds or
>> > whatever.
>> >[...]
>>
>> you just found an IRC server on your own computer. oh man. give me a
>> break.....
>
>He said his host, not his own computer.
>
>---
>Democracy is based on the assumption that a million men are wiser than one man. How's that again? I missed something. -L. Long

Google