PDA

View Full Version : Re: Printer recomendation

¬Stephen Hammond
June 22nd 03, 07:04 PM
> ¬Stephen Hammond said:
>
> > Please could someone recommend me a inkjet printer, mainly for
> > text webpages etc. (not photos really)
>
> For text web-pages a laser printer will be much quicker, better
> quality and MUCH cheaper in running costs per page.

I had a Brother HL 820 Laser printer (check out ebay if you want to buy it )
However, the drum ran out I was told by Brother that the drum only lasts one
year even if you don't use it. (they cost £100+ to replace.)
I've had the printer for 3 years so its done well but I'm a bit wary of
buying another laser printer as I don't print as much as I used to.

Can anyone recommend a laser printer without this problem?

¬Stephen Hammond
June 22nd 03, 11:46 PM

> Go for a laser printer, a second user HP LJ4 should be just fine. Bought
> mine a year ago for GBP40 (and mind you, it was 10 yrs old when I bought
> it). Still working great... cost per page will be lower too compare to the
> inkjet printer.

where did you buy it from ?

Chris Game
June 23rd 03, 05:18 PM
¬Stephen Hammond said:

> > ¬Stephen Hammond said:
> >
> > > Please could someone recommend me a inkjet printer, mainly
> > > for text webpages etc. (not photos really)
> >
> > For text web-pages a laser printer will be much quicker,
> > better quality and MUCH cheaper in running costs per page.
> >
> I had a Brother HL 820 Laser printer (check out ebay if you want
> to buy it ) However, the drum ran out I was told by Brother that
> the drum only lasts one year even if you don't use it. (they cost
> œ100+ to replace.) I've had the printer for 3 years so its done
> well but I'm a bit wary of buying another laser printer as I
> don't print as much as I used to.
>
> Can anyone recommend a laser printer without this problem?

PC-Pro A-list recommendation is Kyocera Mita FS-1010 @ £194 ex vat
and 0.7p/page running costs. 2 yr warranty. Check the reviews on the
PCP web-site.

Chris Game <[email protected]!yahoo!dotcodotuk>