PDA

View Full Version : Re: Dyson Vacuum £169.99

ice
June 23rd 03, 12:24 PM
Which found Dyson had an unacceptably high failure rate in comparison with
every other manufacturer they tested. The Miele comes with a two year
guarantee if you click here ....

http://www.miele.co.uk/pdf/free%202%20year%20cover%20vacuum.pdf

cheers,

Paul
June 23rd 03, 01:22 PM
ice wrote in message ...
> The Miele comes with a two year
> guarantee if you click

As does the Dyson

--
Paul.

Cordless telephone on Ebay
http://ebay.belair267.co.uk

George
June 23rd 03, 01:43 PM
In article >, =20
says...
> Which found Dyson had an unacceptably high failure rate in comparison wit=
> every other manufacturer they tested. The Miele comes with a two year
> guarantee if you click here ....

Although I've heard that before, I know quite a few people with Dysons=20
and they haven't had a problem. Dysons come with a 2 year warranty=20
anyway which can be extended to 5 years for =A360 payable over ten months=
=20
which isn't bad I thought.

--=20
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com

ice
June 23rd 03, 04:02 PM
"George" > wrote in message
In article >,
says...
> Which found Dyson had an unacceptably high failure rate in comparison with
> every other manufacturer they tested. The Miele comes with a two year
> guarantee if you click here ....

>Although I've heard that before, I know quite a few people with Dysons
>nd they haven't had a problem. Dysons come with a 2 year warranty
>anyway which can be extended to 5 years for £60 payable over ten months
>which isn't bad I thought.

ours was fine for four years and then was uneconomic to repair. If the
extended warrantee costs over 1/3 of the price of the item then that's not
too good in my opinion as you are only paying for a three year extension.

Norwich Union do total five year cover for everything in your house (stereo,
TV, DVD, microwave, PC, hoover, cooker etc etc) for £9.00 approx per month.

George
June 23rd 03, 06:51 PM
In article >, =20
says...
>=20
> "George" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > Which found Dyson had an unacceptably high failure rate in comparison w=
ith
> > every other manufacturer they tested. The Miele comes with a two year
> > guarantee if you click here ....
>=20
> >Although I've heard that before, I know quite a few people with Dysons
> >nd they haven't had a problem. Dysons come with a 2 year warranty
> >anyway which can be extended to 5 years for =A360 payable over ten month=
> >which isn't bad I thought.
>=20
> ours was fine for four years and then was uneconomic to repair. If the
> extended warrantee costs over 1/3 of the price of the item then that's no=
> too good in my opinion as you are only paying for a three year extension.

The extended warranty didn't cost 1/3 of the price, it was about 1/4 as=20
we bought the more expensive Animal version. Hopefully if ours becomes=20
uneconomical to repair after 4 years we will get a new one.

--=20
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com