PDA

View Full Version : PC World price difference guarantee

coulthard
June 23rd 03, 09:39 PM
Hi

In case anyone has bought anything from PC World and found it cheaper within
7 days. PC world will refund 110% of the difference.

I found this info from a leaflet I have had for a few months so there is a
chance it is out of date, so best to check.

The other product has to be from a retail store and the offer does not
include ex display etc.

Phil

oo^^artnada^^oo
June 23rd 03, 09:52 PM
coulthard wrote:
| Hi
|
| In case anyone has bought anything from PC World and found it cheaper
| within 7 days. PC world will refund 110% of the difference.
|
| I found this info from a leaflet I have had for a few months so there
| is a chance it is out of date, so best to check.
|
| The other product has to be from a retail store and the offer does not
| include ex display etc.
|
| Phil

Still on. There is a bloody big poster thing outside my local.

Psychocaveman
June 23rd 03, 10:13 PM
I work as a techy for a local computer shop, so would that mean that if I
bought one from PC World for say £1000 and went to work, built the same
system for say £500 and made myself a receipt. They would refund me £500???

Probably could build it that much cheaper aswell...!

RiTSo
June 23rd 03, 10:17 PM
Psychocaveman > wrote in
message :

: They would refund me £500???

No, £550!

=]

--
RiTSo

June 23rd 03, 10:25 PM
Psychocaveman wrote:
> I work as a techy for a local computer shop, so would that mean that if I
> bought one from PC World for say £1000 and went to work, built the same
> system for say £500 and made myself a receipt. They would refund me £500???
>

> Probably could build it that much cheaper aswell...!

Doesn't it have to be the exact same product - not just the same spec?
You couldn't make yourself a branded machine. I haven't read the t&c,
just guessing!

George
June 23rd 03, 10:32 PM
In article >,=20
says...
> I work as a techy for a local computer shop, so would that mean that if I
> bought one from PC World for say =A31000 and went to work, built the same
> system for say =A3500 and made myself a receipt. They would refund me =A3=
500???

Probably not. You would need to read the small print.

--=20
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com

Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires
June 23rd 03, 10:34 PM
Does that include internet prices?

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 21:25:48 +0100, A > wrote:

>Psychocaveman wrote:
>> I work as a techy for a local computer shop, so would that mean that if I
>> bought one from PC World for say £1000 and went to work, built the same
>> system for say £500 and made myself a receipt. They would refund me £500???
>>

>> Probably could build it that much cheaper aswell...!
>>

>Doesn't it have to be the exact same product - not just the same spec?
>You couldn't make yourself a branded machine. I haven't read the t&c,
>just guessing!

Barry Wright
June 23rd 03, 10:43 PM
You either get 10% of the original PCWorld price back and you keep the
product.

Its got to be in a retail outlet within 5 miles (15 -descretion- for rural
areas)
Most PCWorld stuff is 'Branded' and is pulled if a competitior gets hold of
the same stock

look at the epsons for example they will all have an extra letter on the end
in PCWorld.

Its price fixing without the fixing of prices if you see what I mean

Barry

http://www.the-jigsaw.co.uk

"coulthard" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> In case anyone has bought anything from PC World and found it cheaper
within
> 7 days. PC world will refund 110% of the difference.
>
> I found this info from a leaflet I have had for a few months so there is a
> chance it is out of date, so best to check.
>
> The other product has to be from a retail store and the offer does not
> include ex display etc.
>
> Phil

---
The outgoing mail from this machine has been scanned.

Sam
June 24th 03, 12:45 AM
> You either get 10% of the original PCWorld price back and you keep the
> product.
>
> Its got to be in a retail outlet within 5 miles (15 -descretion- for
rural
> areas)
> Most PCWorld stuff is 'Branded' and is pulled if a competitior gets hold
of
> the same stock
>
> look at the epsons for example they will all have an extra letter on the
end
> in PCWorld.
>
> Its price fixing without the fixing of prices if you see what I mean

I got my local PC World (Mile End, London) to price match Tottenham Court
Road on my Ricoh DVD+RW Drives back in December. PCW's price was £200 and
TCR's was £120 - I paid £112 for each of my drives. They phoned the shop to
check the price and stock availability.

I think that I got a pretty good deal ;)

Sam.

Brownie
June 24th 03, 08:03 AM

> I got my local PC World (Mile End, London) to price match Tottenham Court
> Road on my Ricoh DVD+RW Drives back in December. PCW's price was £200 and
> TCR's was £120 - I paid £112 for each of my drives. They phoned the shop
> check the price and stock availability.
>
> I think that I got a pretty good deal ;)

Why didn't you just buy the drive at TC Road?

Janner
June 24th 03, 09:50 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:03:46 +0100, "Brownie"
> wrote:

>> I got my local PC World (Mile End, London) to price match Tottenham Court
>> Road on my Ricoh DVD+RW Drives back in December. PCW's price was £200 and
>> TCR's was £120 - I paid £112 for each of my drives. They phoned the shop
>> check the price and stock availability.
>>
>> I think that I got a pretty good deal ;)
>
>Why didn't you just buy the drive at TC Road?

Too right. Always support those who offer good prices as a matter of
course, rather than those who only offer competitive prices when they
are forced to. In this case PCW were happily ripping off the
ill-informed (or stupid/lazy) by £80.

Sam
June 24th 03, 09:56 AM
> >> I got my local PC World (Mile End, London) to price match Tottenham
Court
> >> Road on my Ricoh DVD+RW Drives back in December. PCW's price was £200
and
> >> TCR's was £120 - I paid £112 for each of my drives. They phoned the
shop
> >> check the price and stock availability.
> >>
> >> I think that I got a pretty good deal ;)
> >
> >Why didn't you just buy the drive at TC Road?
> >

> Too right. Always support those who offer good prices as a matter of
> course, rather than those who only offer competitive prices when they
> are forced to. In this case PCW were happily ripping off the
> ill-informed (or stupid/lazy) by £80.

I would have happily bought from TCR but they had no stock ;)

Janner
June 24th 03, 10:06 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:56:05 +0100, "Sam" > wrote:

>Court
>and
>shop

>> >Why didn't you just buy the drive at TC Road?
>> >

>> Too right. Always support those who offer good prices as a matter of
>> course, rather than those who only offer competitive prices when they
>> are forced to. In this case PCW were happily ripping off the
>> ill-informed (or stupid/lazy) by £80.
>
>I would have happily bought from TCR but they had no stock ;)

"They phoned the shop to check the price and stock availability"

They presumably didn't do a very good job of checking then ... that
was lucky;-)

Mike Redrobe
June 24th 03, 10:10 AM
"Joe Soap of the Crumbling Spires" > wrote in message
> Does that include internet prices?

No. They won`t even match their own website prices!

(Website was out of stock, store had item in...it wasn`t marked as "web
only" offer either)

--
Mike

Gavin Gillespie
June 25th 03, 11:46 AM
"Ian F." > wrote in message
> "Sam" > wrote in message
>
> > I would have happily bought from TCR but they had no stock ;)
>
> Well, maybe PCW's price is £120 when *they're* out of stock, too! ;-)

Perhaps if PCW reduced the price to £120, they would be out of stock sooner
;o)

Google