PDA

View Full Version : Cheap fridges bikes and wizards

Jonathan
June 24th 03, 10:28 PM
Woolies are doing a Micro fridge (solid state, based on the very ingenious
Peltier effect - http://www.peltier-info.com/ )

Only 20 quid - very small and only holds about 6 cans, BUT - considering it
used to cost £80 and you can plug it into the mains or cigarette lighter, I
reckon it's well worth it.

Safeway were doing dual adjustable suspension mountain bikes for £79 last
week. You might want to phone before you head off as they only had one of
the larger size left - they'd sold about 100 a day.

Safeway are also doing Harry Potter for £8.49 (9.99 without voucher). It's
great for the consumer, but I'm slightly thinking that this was a bit of a
wasted opportunity - if all the shops had agreed not to use it as a
loss-leader (like that's gonna happen) then smaller shops would have at
least had a chance instead of having to price-match and sell at cost just to
get people in the shop...

--
650Mb web space, 45Gb monthly transfee. Free MySQL, free ecommerce,
free SSL and excellent customer service for only $7.77/month

Mark Gillespie
June 24th 03, 11:11 PM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 21:28:31 +0100, Jonathan > wrote:

> Woolies are doing a Micro fridge (solid state, based on the very
> ingenious
> Peltier effect - http://www.peltier-info.com/ )
>
> Only 20 quid - very small and only holds about 6 cans, BUT - considering
> it
> used to cost £80 and you can plug it into the mains or cigarette lighter,
> reckon it's well worth it.

I got mine from Viking Direct, free with my 1st order of 2xglue sticks.
Fridge + 2 glusticks + postage was less than £4. :-)