PDA

View Full Version : Cheap DVD Players?????

Powerball3
June 24th 03, 11:39 PM
Hi does anyone know of any good DVD players at a reasonabvle price????

TIA
Antony
--
Get paid to shop and receive info
cash paid between 10p and £2.00

Ben Harris
June 25th 03, 01:31 AM
"Powerball3" > wrote in message

> Hi does anyone know of any good DVD players at a reasonabvle price????
>
> TIA
> Antony

This is a dis-recomendation, rather than a recomendation. One to stay clear
of....

Richer Sounds have one for £39.95, but I wouldn't recomend it.
http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=206605

I had two of the more expensive models (£69.95), by the same manufacturer:
http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=206196
and both of them developed exactly the same faults (one, admitedly much
worse than the other), within 4 months of purchase. I took both of them
back, and Richer Sounds were very good about letting me swap them for a
better models. The man in the shop said that he wasn't the slightest bit
surprised that they'd gone faulty. A friend of his had bought one by the
same manufacturer (a different model again), and after watching a film on
it, he had recomended to his friend that he take it back because the quality
on it was very poor (aparently).

Ben.

--SPAM BLOCK--
To reply via e-mail, replace "deadspam" with "ntlworld"

Mark Kelly
June 25th 03, 02:40 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 23:31:38 -0000, "Ben Harris"
> wrote:

>"Powerball3" > wrote in message
>>
>> Hi does anyone know of any good DVD players at a reasonabvle price????
>>
>> TIA
>> Antony
>

>This is a dis-recomendation, rather than a recomendation. One to stay clear
>of....
>
>Richer Sounds have one for £39.95, but I wouldn't recomend it.
>http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=206605
>
>I had two of the more expensive models (£69.95), by the same manufacturer:
>http://www.richersounds.co.uk/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&p=206196
>and both of them developed exactly the same faults (one, admitedly much
>worse than the other), within 4 months of purchase. I took both of them
>back, and Richer Sounds were very good about letting me swap them for a
>better models. The man in the shop said that he wasn't the slightest bit
>surprised that they'd gone faulty. A friend of his had bought one by the
>same manufacturer (a different model again), and after watching a film on
>it, he had recomended to his friend that he take it back because the quality
>on it was very poor (aparently).
>
>Ben.
>
>--SPAM BLOCK--
>To reply via e-mail, replace "deadspam" with "ntlworld"

well have no problem at all with that dvd player but one that is quite
good, and good size as well is the cyberhome 400 from WHSMITH. cost
£49.99

Ben Harris
June 25th 03, 04:32 AM
"marko (Mark Kelly)" >
wrote in message ...

> well have no problem at all with that dvd player but one that is quite
> good, and good size as well is the cyberhome 400 from WHSMITH. cost
> £49.99

Sorry..... I should have made it clearer (re-reading it now). I didn't own
the cheap one which Richer Sounds are selling - it might be quite decent.
The model which I owned, both of them would start to freeze about an hour
into the film (once the player had got hot, I think). It didn't matter which
disc you played, they'd all do it roughly the same amount of time into the
film. Perhaps my two just came from a dodgy batch. They were both bought at
the same time afterall...

I've heard quite good things about the CyberHome range of DVD players too,
although I don't know which models in particular.

Ben.

Colin Bean
June 26th 03, 04:33 PM
"Mazio" > wrote in message
> Asda do a Pacific branded 1002 DVD player for £48.99 which is easily
> changed to multi-region and plays MP3, VCD you also get a 3 year warranty
as
> standard. Although the one I have bought has started to make a noise when
> playing.

how do you region hack this model player?

me
June 27th 03, 08:03 PM
WHSmiths are doing a CyberHome model for £49.99

"Powerball3" > wrote in message

> Hi does anyone know of any good DVD players at a reasonabvle price????
>

> TIA
> Antony
> --
> Get paid to shop and receive info