PDA

View Full Version : Re: EmpireDirect P&P

HP
June 25th 03, 11:51 AM
Surely a washing machine would be more expensive to deliver than a Vacuum
cleaner, as it would probably require two people to deliver it.

"George" > wrote in message
Just went to their site to check prices on washer/dryers and they want a
whopping £54.99 for P&P making the item much more expensive than
elsewhere. Has their P&P always been so high? Wasn't that bad when I
bought a Dyson from them earlier in the year.

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

phöènix
June 25th 03, 02:44 PM
"George" > wrote in message
>Just went to their site to check prices on washer/dryers and they want a
>whopping £54.99 for P&P making the item much more expensive than
>elsewhere. Has their P&P always been so high? Wasn't that bad when I
>bought a Dyson from them earlier in the year.

£54.99 does seem over the top however I just checked and they seem to have a
standard price of £34.99. Did you misread? 2 items = £52.99

The £35 is approx what many manufacturers charge for direct delivery so is
not unreasonable in itself.

For common items Kelkoo is a good way to get a price check as it includes
delivery in the price.

>--
>Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
>It's a spring thing