PDA

View Full Version : Re: 15" or 17" TFT Monitors

Paulo De Souza
June 26th 03, 07:26 PM
> Are there any decent offers on TFT monitors at the moment, either 15" or
> 17"?
>
> Ben

digiuk.com

Paul F
June 26th 03, 07:37 PM
"Paulo De Souza" > wrote in message
> > Are there any decent offers on TFT monitors at the moment, either 15" or
> > 17"?
> >
> > Ben
>
> digiuk.com

ad in uk.adverts.computers for:

>Brand new boxed 18" AOC LM800 TFT Monitors
>
>£348.75 inc VAT & Carriage if paid by Nochex, cash or Cheque
>
>Major credit cards - add 4%

Not traded with them myself, but you can pay this for a 17"
Also see aria.co.uk under monitors, they have a 17" dell for around £300 and
its getting good reviews.
HTH. Paul

Ben Harris
June 26th 03, 09:09 PM
"Ben Harris" > wrote in message
> Are there any decent offers on TFT monitors at the moment, either 15" or
> 17"?
>
> Ben

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been having a look around on the web, and
I'm after something kind cheap and cheerful - it's for my parents, and is
only like to be used to surf the web.

I quite like the look of one of the ones at (dare I say it) PC World!
They've got this one:
http://cellink.com.tw/html/lcd_01.htm
for £189, inc VAT which seemed pretty good to me. The specs on the
manufactures website look pretty decent, so I might call into my local store
and have a look at one tomorrow (although they're bound to me more expensive
in store, if they even have them at all!)

Ben.

--SPAM BLOCK--
To reply via e-mail, replace "deadspam" with "ntlworld"

Brian Harwood
June 26th 03, 11:34 PM
The cellink one is the one i am using right now. Bought from P C World for
£189. When i got home i noticed the packaging had been opened, immediatly
phoned their customer services number and asked why i had paid full price
for a secondhand monitor, was immediatly offered a 10% reduction, just had
to go back to the store to have it refunded to my card. The monitor was
perfect and you couldnt really tell it had been opened, and it is, as far as
my limited knowledge of lcd monitors goes, "the mutts nutts".

Good luck and feel free to use my ploy for a reduction ;-)

Brian

"Ben Harris" > wrote in message

> "Ben Harris" > wrote in message
> > Are there any decent offers on TFT monitors at the moment, either 15" or
> > 17"?
> >
> > Ben
>

> Thanks for the suggestions. I've been having a look around on the web, and
> I'm after something kind cheap and cheerful - it's for my parents, and is
> only like to be used to surf the web.
>
> I quite like the look of one of the ones at (dare I say it) PC World!
> They've got this one:
> http://cellink.com.tw/html/lcd_01.htm
> for £189, inc VAT which seemed pretty good to me. The specs on the
> manufactures website look pretty decent, so I might call into my local
store
> and have a look at one tomorrow (although they're bound to me more
expensive
> in store, if they even have them at all!)
>
> Ben.
>
> --SPAM BLOCK--
> To reply via e-mail, replace "deadspam" with "ntlworld"

Google