PDA

View Full Version : New PC

Mike Swift
June 26th 03, 09:51 PM
I am looking to buy a Home Base PC. I don't want to use PC World or their
partners, can anyone suggest a site where I can but a decent pc and monitor.
I have about £600 to spend.

Many thanks

JB
June 26th 03, 09:54 PM
"Mike Swift" > wrote in message
> I am looking to buy a Home Base PC. I don't want to use PC World or their
> partners, can anyone suggest a site where I can but a decent pc and
monitor.
> I have about £600 to spend.

Why buy new at all?
Speak to these guys:

www.itdealers.co.uk

Ex-corporate high end pcs for little cash. With guarantee too.
Have alook on uk.adverts.computer for the good feedback these guys have got.
JB

(no connection, just a satisfied customer).

Mike Swift
June 26th 03, 10:05 PM
"JB" > wrote in message

> "Mike Swift" > wrote in message
> > I am looking to buy a Home Base PC. I don't want to use PC World or
their
> > partners, can anyone suggest a site where I can but a decent pc and
> monitor.
> > I have about £600 to spend.
> >
> Why buy new at all?
> Speak to these guys:
>
> www.itdealers.co.uk
>
> Ex-corporate high end pcs for little cash. With guarantee too.
> Have alook on uk.adverts.computer for the good feedback these guys have
got.
> JB
>
> (no connection, just a satisfied customer).

thanks JB

I was looking for better spec than those on offer. thanks all the same much
appreciated

::compynei::
June 26th 03, 10:13 PM
With £600 you could build yourself a nice computer! Well call it £500 and
throw in a 19" monitor from Novatech.

Neil

--
skater boi

Hey! Theres a dress code ... before emailing remove your clothes
"Mike Swift" > wrote in message

> "JB" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Mike Swift" > wrote in message
> > > I am looking to buy a Home Base PC. I don't want to use PC World or
> their
> > > partners, can anyone suggest a site where I can but a decent pc and
> > monitor.
> > > I have about £600 to spend.
> > >
> > Why buy new at all?
> > Speak to these guys:
> >
> > www.itdealers.co.uk
> >
> > Ex-corporate high end pcs for little cash. With guarantee too.
> > Have alook on uk.adverts.computer for the good feedback these guys have
> got.
> > JB
> >
> > (no connection, just a satisfied customer).
> >

> thanks JB
>
> I was looking for better spec than those on offer. thanks all the same
much
> appreciated

Brian Harwood
June 26th 03, 11:27 PM
You could try www.europc.co.uk they have some good deals too

Brian

"::compynei::" > wrote in message
> With £600 you could build yourself a nice computer! Well call it £500 and
> throw in a 19" monitor from Novatech.
>
> Neil
>
> --
> skater boi
>
> Hey! Theres a dress code ... before emailing remove your clothes
> "Mike Swift" > wrote in message

> > their
> > > monitor.
> > > >
> > > Why buy new at all?
> > > Speak to these guys:
> > >
> > > www.itdealers.co.uk
> > >
> > > Ex-corporate high end pcs for little cash. With guarantee too.
> > > Have alook on uk.adverts.computer for the good feedback these guys
have
> > got.
> > > JB
> > >
> > > (no connection, just a satisfied customer).
> > >

> > thanks JB
> >
> > I was looking for better spec than those on offer. thanks all the same
> much
> > appreciated

> ---

Tony Wright
June 27th 03, 12:30 AM
Mike Swift wrote:
> I am looking to buy a Home Base PC. I don't want to use PC World or their
> partners, can anyone suggest a site where I can but a decent pc and monitor.
> I have about £600 to spend.
>
> Many thanks

Before someone else asks. What do you want to use it for?

--

Tony Wright

Dino M
June 28th 03, 11:45 AM
"Mike Swift" > wrote in message

> "Tony Wright" > wrote in message
> > Mike Swift wrote:
> > > I am looking to buy a Home Base PC. I don't want to use PC World or
> their
> > > partners, can anyone suggest a site where I can but a decent pc and
> monitor.
> > > I have about £600 to spend.
> > >
> > > Many thanks
> > >

> > Before someone else asks. What do you want to use it for?
> >
> > --
> >
> > Tony Wright
> >
> Just general use really nothing specific. Need a decent sound card as I
> listen to a lot of music. Also need a big monitor as I am as blind as a
bat.
> But I got used to a fast pc, my laptop is fast so I would like one equally
> or better.

> You could always try www.novatech.co.uk who I have got my last PC and past
couple of upgrades, very good prices and an excellent service. They build
PC's to more or less any spec and are currently having some really good
offers. I am not linked to this company, it is local to me and I have always
found them really helpful and cheap. You can buy online, or phone and they
will deliver anywhere in the UK.

I hope this helps

Shevek
June 8th 04, 04:27 PM
On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:11:20 +0100, "Dill" <[email protected]
THISlycos.co.uk> wrote:

>Anywhere doing a pc similar to the Aldi one a few weeks ago? Reasonably high
>spec at a good price. Mine's just given up the ghost. don't need monitor,
>printer, camera, software etc etc, just a good basic system.
>thanks

Check out CCL's configurable systems

http://www.cclcomputers.biz/acatalog/Configurable_Systems.html

--

Shevek

THISlycos.co.uk> wrote:

>Anywhere doing a pc similar to the Aldi one a few weeks ago? Reasonably high
>spec at a good price. Mine's just given up the ghost. don't need monitor,
>printer, camera, software etc etc, just a good basic system.
>thanks

Check out CCL's configurable systems

http://www.cclcomputers.biz/acatalog/Configurable_Systems.html

--

Shevek

Reestit Mutton
June 8th 04, 06:18 PM
Shevek wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:11:20 +0100, "Dill" <[email protected]
> THISlycos.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Anywhere doing a pc similar to the Aldi one a few weeks ago? Reasonably high
>>spec at a good price. Mine's just given up the ghost. don't need monitor,
>>printer, camera, software etc etc, just a good basic system.
>>thanks
>>

> Check out CCL's configurable systems
>
> http://www.cclcomputers.biz/acatalog/Configurable_Systems.html

Hmmm...not as good as Dell prices on their Dimension 2400 systems.

RM
--
Sony Ericsson T610 on Orange PAYG -- only £105
SIM-Free Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone/PDA -- only £180

Reestit Mutton
June 8th 04, 06:18 PM

Shevek wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 15:11:20 +0100, "Dill" <[email protected]
> THISlycos.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>Anywhere doing a pc similar to the Aldi one a few weeks ago? Reasonably high
>>spec at a good price. Mine's just given up the ghost. don't need monitor,
>>printer, camera, software etc etc, just a good basic system.
>>thanks
>>

> Check out CCL's configurable systems
>
> http://www.cclcomputers.biz/acatalog/Configurable_Systems.html

Hmmm...not as good as Dell prices on their Dimension 2400 systems.

RM
--
Sony Ericsson T610 on Orange PAYG -- only £105
SIM-Free Sony Ericsson P800 mobile phone/PDA -- only £180
Where can I find these deals?
http://www.lauriem.plus.com/bargain_basement.html

Google