PDA

View Full Version : Re: CCTV stuff

Dudley
June 27th 03, 08:37 AM
> Looking for CCTV stuff to watch my car park, mostly for night, the car
> park has a street light near but still need good night vision. But
> alas I'm not very rich so looking for something affordable. anyone got
> anything for sale or know of a good place at a nice price to get
> something ?

Be careful - if one of your pokey neighbours find out they may claim an
invasion of privacy, even if the camera isn't pointing at anything in
particular except something as innocuous as a car park. There are some
funny people around.

Personally, I think it's a great idea.

Matt
June 27th 03, 02:47 PM
"BORG" > wrote in message
> Looking for CCTV stuff to watch my car park, mostly for night, the car
> park has a street light near but still need good night vision. But
> alas I'm not very rich so looking for something affordable. anyone got
> anything for sale or know of a good place at a nice price to get
> something ?
>
> TIA

http://rfconcepts.co.uk/

A good place to start.

Matt

Paul R
June 27th 03, 04:32 PM

> http://rfconcepts.co.uk/
>
> A good place to start.

www.maplin.co.uk

Prices are WAY better !

BORG
June 27th 03, 10:54 PM
got one now, a colour cam with motion detector and sound, does a good
job £44 from focus they tried to make me fill in a form for a TV
license as well but i told them no way, it wasn't made to receive TV
signals, they got quite upset when I said I wouldn't fill it in and
even if I did I'd use a wrong name and address

Matt
June 28th 03, 12:06 AM
"Paul R" > wrote in message

> > http://rfconcepts.co.uk/
> >
> > A good place to start.
> >

> www.maplin.co.uk
>
> Prices are WAY better !

Yes but RFconcepts sell decent gear. For example I see no specific lowlight
cameras on Maplin. It's no good having cheap cameras that can't see
anything.

Matt

alex
June 28th 03, 01:16 AM
dont get a colour cam as they are crap for night time

alex

"Matt" > wrote in message

> "Paul R" > wrote in message
> > >
> > > http://rfconcepts.co.uk/
> > >
> > > A good place to start.
> > >

> > www.maplin.co.uk
> >
> > Prices are WAY better !
> >

> Yes but RFconcepts sell decent gear. For example I see no specific
lowlight
> cameras on Maplin. It's no good having cheap cameras that can't see
> anything.
>
> Matt
>

> ---

Matt
June 28th 03, 01:33 AM
"alex" > wrote in message
> dont get a colour cam as they are crap for night time

Yep agreed. The Sony Exview CCD based black and white cameras are excellent
in low light. Though you can now get cameras that are colour in daylight and
switch to Exview in the dark, I think Rfconcepts have them. Colour is
apparently much better when positively identifying a suspect.

Matt

tthongkong
April 30th 05, 06:12 AM
the following company also have these products:

www.cctv-camera.cc

Johannes
April 30th 05, 02:45 PM
tthongkong wrote:

> the following company also have these products:
>
> www.cctv-camera.cc

Do they, spammer? There are lots of this at B&Q.

Google