PDA

View Full Version : Aldi digital camera 99.99

Joe Harrison
June 27th 03, 03:44 PM
I don't know much about digital cameras but I would like to have one... any
experts who can say if this is worth it or not?

http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

Lost Soul
June 27th 03, 05:36 PM
"Joe Harrison" > wrote in message
. net...
> I don't know much about digital cameras but I would like to have one...
any
> experts who can say if this is worth it or not?
>
> http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

This camera might be great for all I know but I would personally stick with
a well known brand to ensure quality pics. If all you want is a simple
point and shoot camera, I'd personally spend an extra £18 and get a Fuji
Finepix A202 which I found browsing through the camera section on
www.dealtime.co.uk
The Fuji is only 2 megapixel, but trust me on this, a good quality 2
megapixel camera is FAR superior to an average 3 megapixel one.

HTH

Bari Pollard
June 27th 03, 07:23 PM
Joe Harrison wrote:
> I don't know much about digital cameras but I would like to have
> one... any experts who can say if this is worth it or not?
>
> http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

I would not recommend either of the cheap ones as they are both Focus Free.
This means a fixed focus lens, One of the biggest factors in good photos is
a good lens not a larger number of pixels.

As mentioned below the Fuji should be okay.

HTH. :-)

Bari Pollard
www.amsac.org.uk

LondonGuy
June 28th 03, 04:07 AM
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:23:50 +0100, Bari Pollard wrote:

> Joe Harrison wrote:
>> I don't know much about digital cameras but I would like to have
>> one... any experts who can say if this is worth it or not?
>>
>> http://www.aldi.co.uk/specials_01_11/offers_nav.htm

This website doesn't say if the Sensor is CMOS or CCD 99% of the time CCD
is better - only Canon made a really good Digital SLR Camera based on a
CMOS sensor but that costed £3000

2mega pixel is loads and too much for viewing on a webpage or emailing to
someone + you get a lot more photos per memory card then 3 mega pixel -
I've just upgraded from a Mintolta Dimage X to an Xi and the biggest
difference in quality is the ISO setting onthe Xi which can be lowered
manually to 50 ISO - at this setting in bright daylight photos look
amazing.

Google