PDA

View Full Version : Laser printer price challenge

¬Stephen Hammond
June 27th 03, 04:06 PM
If anyone can find a store that can beat this price http://tinyurl.com/ffa4
including p&p etc.

I will nochex them half the difference ;)

Thanks

Stephen

::compynei::
June 27th 03, 04:47 PM
We have a HP Laserjet 5 - Excellent Model, never had problems with it.

HP Everytime

Neil

--
skater boi

Hey! Theres a dress code ... before emailing remove your clothes
"Chippy²" > wrote in message
> "¬Stephen Hammond" > wrote in message
> >
> > If anyone can find a store that can beat this price
> http://tinyurl.com/ffa4
> > including p&p etc.
> >

> I nearly bought one of those, until I found that I could buy a second user
> Laserjet for for under £30. I bought mine from itdealers.co.uk.
>
> The samsung is a horrible little plasticy laser. The HP is an office
> workhorse designed to work for ever and a day.
>
> Would you rather have a brand new Lada or a second hand BMW?

Barry Wright
June 27th 03, 04:59 PM
A brand new Lada. :) Its worth more money and doesn't depreciate in value
as much.

Barry

http://www.the-jigsaw.co.uk

"Chippy²" > wrote in message
> "¬Stephen Hammond" > wrote in message
> >
> > If anyone can find a store that can beat this price
> http://tinyurl.com/ffa4
> > including p&p etc.
> >

> I nearly bought one of those, until I found that I could buy a second user
> Laserjet for for under £30. I bought mine from itdealers.co.uk.
>
> The samsung is a horrible little plasticy laser. The HP is an office
> workhorse designed to work for ever and a day.
>
> Would you rather have a brand new Lada or a second hand BMW?

---
The outgoing mail from this machine has been scanned.

Andy
June 27th 03, 05:02 PM
"Barry Wright" > wrote in message =
> A brand new Lada. :) Its worth more money and doesn't depreciate in =
value
> as much.
>=20
>=20
> Barry
>=20

Seconded.=20

BMW's only tend to be driven by wannabes and those who can't get rid of =
them through Loot :-)

¬Stephen Hammond
June 27th 03, 07:04 PM
> A brand new Lada. :) Its worth more money and doesn't depreciate in value
> as much.
>

> Barry

Seconded.

BMW's only tend to be driven by wannabes and those who can't get rid of them
through Loot :-)
*
It really depends how old the BMW is. However, I think brand new cars are a
waste of money, don't they generally devalue by 60% in three years ..ouch !
I also read in New Scientist ( I think) that new cars give off benzine and
other noxious chemicals from the upholstory, apparently they can give you
cancer!
I can't really be arsed with a second hand printer too many decision to make
no warranty etc.
£70 for new one sounds good to me

Stephen

essdeekay
June 27th 03, 10:12 PM
In article >,=20
says...
>=20
> If anyone can find a store that can beat this price http://tinyurl.com/ff=
a4
> including p&p etc.
>=20
> I will nochex them half the difference ;)

Try eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D3421079781

=A340 with no bids on at the moment - auction ends 30-Jun-03 19:02:11 BST

Seller's feedback is +379 so you shouldn't have a problem. If it's brand=20
new it'll have a warranty with it anyway, but it's definitely worth=20
double-checking exactly what warranty it does have before-hand.

--=20
Cheers,
Seb

Daniel Doyle
June 28th 03, 04:22 PM
I have this printer myself, it is pretty basic but does everything I
need, I only print in mono so it's more economical than a colour
inkjet.
I think another thing to keep in mind is the cost of a new toner, I
know that this printer's toner is easy to refill and cheap using a
toner refill from somewhere like this:

http://www.refilltoner.com/MachineProducts.asp?id=SamML4500&manu=Samsung&mach=ML%2D4500+%2F+ML%2D4600

Dan.

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 18:04:15 +0100, "¬Stephen Hammond"
> wrote:

>> A brand new Lada. :) Its worth more money and doesn't depreciate in value
>> as much.
>>

>> Barry
>>

>Seconded.
>
>BMW's only tend to be driven by wannabes and those who can't get rid of them
>through Loot :-)
>*
>It really depends how old the BMW is. However, I think brand new cars are a
>waste of money, don't they generally devalue by 60% in three years ..ouch !
> I also read in New Scientist ( I think) that new cars give off benzine and
>other noxious chemicals from the upholstory, apparently they can give you
>cancer!
>I can't really be arsed with a second hand printer too many decision to make
>no warranty etc.
>£70 for new one sounds good to me
>
>Stephen

::compynei::
June 29th 03, 03:27 PM
A second hand BMW, they *are* nice cars, Ladas are tacky bits of junk! I
remember next door having a Lada Niva (the 4x4 model), how ironic they now
have a BMW 3 series.

Neil

--

"Chippy²" > wrote in message
> "¬Stephen Hammond" > wrote in message
> >
> > If anyone can find a store that can beat this price
> http://tinyurl.com/ffa4
> > including p&p etc.
> >

> I nearly bought one of those, until I found that I could buy a second user
> Laserjet for for under £30. I bought mine from itdealers.co.uk.
>
> The samsung is a horrible little plasticy laser. The HP is an office
> workhorse designed to work for ever and a day.
>
> Would you rather have a brand new Lada or a second hand BMW?

Bill McLaren
July 1st 03, 04:00 PM
On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:27:34 +0100, "::compynei::"
> wrote:

>A second hand BMW, they *are* nice cars, Ladas are tacky bits of junk! I
>remember next door having a Lada Niva (the 4x4 model), how ironic they now
>have a BMW 3 series.

What's ironic is your neighbour has gone from a vehicle that that will
go anywhere in the countryside (especially the older 4 speed Niva - go
anywhere a landrover will go and then some) to a car that will
disappear off into the countryside at every bend.

I think the original analogy was slightly flawed;

Samsung laser = New Daewoo i.e. new but basic, does the job, decent
warranty but you'll probably need it.

2nd hand Lexmark Optra series = 2nd hand BMW, old & worn out after a
year and wasn't worth anything like the asking price new, expensive
bits drop off in unexpected places.

2nd Hand HP 4 & 5 series = 2nd hand Range Rover, most of the
bells&whistles of new top of the range, tailgate falls off
occationally but a bit of patching sorts that out otherwise keeps
going for ever.

2nd hand HP 2 & 3 series (plus clones) = 2nd hand Landrover, looks
battered and abused, service it once every few years and it just keeps
plodding on, most of the ones built are still going strong somewhere.
---
Bill McLaren Mobile 07979 605124
www.misknw.org.uk

Bill McLaren
July 1st 03, 07:28 PM
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 16:33:50 +0100, Janner >
wrote:

>What nonsense. Front engine, RWD has to be the way to go ... provided
>you know whow to drive, of course.

I was about to rise to the bait, pointing out some of the driving
courses I've done over the years, the fact that I do 50k + non
motorway miles per year etc. etc. when I realised that "Janner" is
obviously a troll judging by idiotic replies to threads recently.
---
Bill McLaren Mobile 07979 605124
www.misknw.org.uk

George
July 1st 03, 08:36 PM
In article >,
says...
> On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:27:34 +0100, "::compynei::"
> > wrote:
>
> >A second hand BMW, they *are* nice cars, Ladas are tacky bits of junk! I
> >remember next door having a Lada Niva (the 4x4 model), how ironic they now
> >have a BMW 3 series.
>
> What's ironic is your neighbour has gone from a vehicle that that will
> go anywhere in the countryside (especially the older 4 speed Niva - go
> anywhere a landrover will go and then some) to a car that will
> disappear off into the countryside at every bend.

I've known two people with Nivas and two people with BMW 3 series. I'd
agree with your former point but not the latter.

I'd be happy with either, if I could drive.

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

Bill McLaren
July 1st 03, 10:25 PM
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 18:53:18 +0100, Janner >
wrote:

>(RAC Motor Sport Association (MSA) license holder, IAM Special
>Assessment Certificate holder ... blah blah blah ... aren't ****ing
>contests boring ... )

Yes, since I'm an ex grass track and rallyX driver as well as rally
co-driver (stopped doing that when I smashed my back in a bike
accident in 89), former IAM instructor (stopped doing that about 15
years back as well though), Ex police Class 1 etc. etc.

---
Bill McLaren Mobile 07979 605124
www.misknw.org.uk

Bill McLaren
July 1st 03, 10:58 PM
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:36:11 +0100, George
> wrote:

>I've known two people with Nivas and two people with BMW 3 series. I'd
>agree with your former point but not the latter.

My experience with BMWs include a 325i that was totally tailend happy
and a 530i that if you switched off all the gimmicks (traction control
etc.) could swap ends while parked up.

I don't mind a bit of opposite lock on a track but I'd rate BMWs along
with the Capri 280 I tried back in 88, their fine as long as you have
the space to let the tail come out and know what to do when it
happens. Most people don't hence I frequently get stuck behind them in
my FWD estate (they can out accelerate me in a straight line but I
push them out of every corner).

Anyway this whole car thing is getting way off topic.

To the original subject; I'd rate something like an HP4 or 5 series as
worth getting rather than a new Samsung, you can get them cheap enough
(20 - 40 quid realm) through the likes of ebay and most of the things
that go wrong are easy to fix such as the rear door clip (hence the
rangerover tailgate analogy - the hinges rust on those in older ones
and occationally the tailgate falls off) or the rollers going hard on
the exit assembly giving you crinkled paper. Refilling the toner costs
about 17ukp and can be done normally 3 times before the drum starts to
go (then you just pick up a cheap toner unit for about 30ukp and
refill that as required.
---
Bill McLaren Mobile 07979 605124
www.misknw.org.uk