PDA

View Full Version : HP5550 URGENT advice needed plz

Colin Bean
June 27th 03, 11:23 PM
whats the average price for 1 of these? i can get hold of 1 for £80 is that
cheap? also what are they like as printers, any good or should i go for an
epson c82?

thanx

Paul F
June 27th 03, 11:38 PM
"Colin Bean" > wrote in message
> whats the average price for 1 of these? i can get hold of 1 for £80 is
that
> cheap? also what are they like as printers, any good or should i go for an
> epson c82?
>
> thanx

They have been on offer online and at stores in recent months, Easter and
Late Spring Bank Hols I think, I got one from Comet for £59.90, and another
from Dabs for the same, plus P&P. They tend to go for £115ish normally, are
excellent printers, can be used with extra photo cartridge, but quality
without is great. Would recommend, but they may be on offer again before
long, who knows?
HTH
Paul

Colin Bean
June 28th 03, 12:41 AM
"PMC" > wrote in message

> "Paul F" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Colin Bean" > wrote in message
> > > whats the average price for 1 of these? i can get hold of 1 for £80 is
> > that
> > > cheap? also what are they like as printers, any good or should i go
for
> an
> > > epson c82?
> > >
> > > thanx
> > >

> > They have been on offer online and at stores in recent months, Easter
and
> > Late Spring Bank Hols I think, I got one from Comet for £59.90, and
> another
> > from Dabs for the same, plus P&P. They tend to go for £115ish normally,
> are
> > excellent printers, can be used with extra photo cartridge, but quality
> > without is great. Would recommend, but they may be on offer again before
> > long, who knows?
> > HTH
> > Paul
> >

> I bought one about 3 months ago for about £130 from Argos. I would
recommend
> it. I was amazed by the quality of printing pictures on glossy paper, just
> like a "real" photo, that was without the photo cartridge too.
>
> PMC

how many dvd covers do you rekon you get out of a colour cartridge? as now
im gettin tempted for a C82 as the cartridges are cheaper

Sarah Elton
June 28th 03, 10:40 AM
"Colin Bean" > wrote in message
> whats the average price for 1 of these? i can get hold of 1 for £80 is
that
> cheap? also what are they like as printers, any good or should i go for an
> epson c82?

Over the years we've had three Epsons before changing to HP. And the HP is
better by a mile (we have a 930c). The Epsons had far more problems, both
software and hardware, and HP has caused no major problems as far as I can
remember.

Just on personal experience I'd recommend HP over Epson all the way.

--
Sarah
~~~~

Warren Davies
June 28th 03, 11:51 AM
I'd 2nd that - had 4 Epsons and the 5550 is my 1st HP - Excellent quailty
and those cheap Epson carts are poor quality IMO

"Sarah Elton" > wrote in message

> "Colin Bean" > wrote in message
> > whats the average price for 1 of these? i can get hold of 1 for £80 is
> that
> > cheap? also what are they like as printers, any good or should i go for
an
> > epson c82?
> >

> Over the years we've had three Epsons before changing to HP. And the HP is
> better by a mile (we have a 930c). The Epsons had far more problems, both
> software and hardware, and HP has caused no major problems as far as I can
> remember.
>
> Just on personal experience I'd recommend HP over Epson all the way.
>
> --
> Sarah
> ~~~~
> Remove NOSPAM to reply

::compynei::
June 28th 03, 09:06 PM
HP Everytime!

We have a Deskjet 845c and Laserjet 5, excellent machines.

Neil

--
skater boi

Hey! Theres a dress code ... before emailing remove your clothes
"Warren Davies" > wrote in message
> I'd 2nd that - had 4 Epsons and the 5550 is my 1st HP - Excellent quailty
> and those cheap Epson carts are poor quality IMO
>

> "Sarah Elton" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Colin Bean" > wrote in message
> > > whats the average price for 1 of these? i can get hold of 1 for £80 is
> > that
> > > cheap? also what are they like as printers, any good or should i go
for
> an
> > > epson c82?
> > >

> > Over the years we've had three Epsons before changing to HP. And the HP
is
> > better by a mile (we have a 930c). The Epsons had far more problems,
both
> > software and hardware, and HP has caused no major problems as far as I
can
> > remember.
> >
> > Just on personal experience I'd recommend HP over Epson all the way.
> >
> > --
> > Sarah
> > ~~~~
> > Remove NOSPAM to reply

George
June 29th 03, 09:12 PM
In article >,
says...
> HP Everytime!
>
> We have a Deskjet 845c and Laserjet 5, excellent machines.

Epson everytime here.

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

DCA
June 30th 03, 12:02 AM
If you are offended - then you have misinterpreted this message.
Assume sender is smiling and read it again!

"George" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > HP Everytime!
> >
> > We have a Deskjet 845c and Laserjet 5, excellent machines.
>
> Epson everytime here.
Hear hear. Can replace the Epson every 8 months with what I save on
compatible carts
If I really want a good ! photo, online printing services are the answer
(works out cheaper anyway)

> --
> Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
> It's a spring thing