PDA

View Full Version : O/T Would this be classed as spamming?

Yorkie
June 28th 03, 09:45 AM
I am just about to have a total stock clearance on my website therefore lots
of bargains to be had, however as this is my personal website I was worried
if I mentioned it this would be classed as spam.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks
Miranda

Mark Gillespie
June 28th 03, 10:14 AM
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:45:48 +0100, Yorkie
> wrote:

> I am just about to have a total stock clearance on my website therefore
> lots
> of bargains to be had, however as this is my personal website I was
> worried
> if I mentioned it this would be classed as spam.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Miranda

Yes, because you have no idea that the people in this group want anything
you are selling.

If on the other hand, someone posted a message saying they wanted Item X,
and you are selling a cheap Item X, then this is OK (as the information was
requested).

Mark Gillespie
June 28th 03, 10:15 AM
On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:45:48 +0100, Yorkie
> wrote:

> I am just about to have a total stock clearance on my website therefore
> lots
> of bargains to be had, however as this is my personal website I was
> worried
> if I mentioned it this would be classed as spam.
>
> Any thoughts appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Miranda

Better off using the uk.adverts hirearchy of newsgroups, and prexfix any
advert subject with a FS: to indicate you are selling something.

Andy
June 28th 03, 02:01 PM
> Better off using the uk.adverts hirearchy of newsgroups, and prexfix =
any=20
> advert subject with a FS: to indicate you are selling something.

That's ********. Post it here if it's a discount of any kind!

Andy

George
June 28th 03, 11:17 PM
"Mark Gillespie" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:45:48 +0100, Yorkie
> > wrote:
>
> > I am just about to have a total stock clearance on my website therefore
> > lots
> > of bargains to be had, however as this is my personal website I was
> > worried
> > if I mentioned it this would be classed as spam.
> >
> > Any thoughts appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Miranda
>
> Yes, because you have no idea that the people in this group want anything
> you are selling.

I would say as it is a stock clearance there are likely to be bargains and
as such it is relevant. The trouble is you could then have lots of sites
posting what they feel are bargains when they are not. So long as they are
legitimate bargains I don't think I'd have a problem with it.

Is there an FAQ or charter for the group that would clarify this?

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

DCA
June 30th 03, 12:04 AM
"Andy" > wrote in message

> Better off using the uk.adverts hirearchy of newsgroups, and prexfix any
> advert subject with a FS: to indicate you are selling something.

That's ********. Post it here if it's a discount of any kind!

Only if its preceded by a COMM:
David

Andy