June 29th 03, 10:01 PM
Are they any good?

Can they be modified for region free?

Thanks

Rj

nerd-central.fsnet.co.uk
June 30th 03, 10:06 AM
Just bought a Pacific 1002 for £48.73 @ ASDA.

Couldn't pass it up considering the spec.

Plays: DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, SVCD, MP3
Features: SCART out, Audio out, S-Video out, Optical out, Coacial out, 2 x
Video out, PAL & NTSC.

Very pleased with it.

Region hackable via remote.

sam,.

"Rod Jones" > wrote in message
> Are they any good?
>
> Can they be modified for region free?
>
> Thanks
>
> Rj

alex
June 30th 03, 01:07 PM
plus if you put all your jpeg files on a cdr it will play them in a slide
show

alex

> Just bought a Pacific 1002 for £48.73 @ ASDA.
>
> Couldn't pass it up considering the spec.
>
> Plays: DVD, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, SVCD, MP3
> Features: SCART out, Audio out, S-Video out, Optical out, Coacial out, 2 x
> Video out, PAL & NTSC.
>
> Very pleased with it.
>
> Region hackable via remote.
>
> sam,.
>

> "Rod Jones" > wrote in message
> > Are they any good?
> >
> > Can they be modified for region free?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rj

POB
June 30th 03, 05:48 PM
In article >, says...
> "Rod Jones" > wrote in message
> > Are they any good?
> >
> > Can they be modified for region free?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Rj
>
> Yes - & Yes.
>
> At least mine is still OK. Pacific 750. Easy to modify - Remote Control.
> 3 Year Warranty too.
>
> Graham

They also have a no quibble money back guarantee for the entire 3 year period. i.e. You can take it back just before the 3 years are up,
and swap it for a brand new one with a new 3 year guarantee.

Liz
June 30th 03, 06:27 PM
Why is there always someone like you ? you will spoil it for everone being
dishonest like this!!!! why can't you just be grateful for the free 3 year
guarantee people like you make me sick! Liz
"POB" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> In article >,
says...
> > "Rod Jones" > wrote in message
> > > Are they any good?
> > >
> > > Can they be modified for region free?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Rj
> >
> > Yes - & Yes.
> >
> > At least mine is still OK. Pacific 750. Easy to modify - Remote
Control.
> > 3 Year Warranty too.
> >
> > Graham
> >

> They also have a no quibble money back guarantee for the entire 3 year
period. i.e. You can take it back just before the 3 years are up,
> and swap it for a brand new one with a new 3 year guarantee.

james llewellyn
July 1st 03, 04:44 PM
why shouldnt he want to multi region it, some people buy a lot of region 1
disks like myself. so shut up crying because if you bought region 1 you
would want to make yours multi region and as for spoiling it for everyone
else . it is probably only done with the remote control and can be changed
back again. moaners like you make me sick as well, you selfish little git.

"Liz" > wrote in message
> Why is there always someone like you ? you will spoil it for everone being
> dishonest like this!!!! why can't you just be grateful for the free 3 year
> guarantee people like you make me sick! Liz
> "POB" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article >,
> says...

> > > Yes - & Yes.
> > >
> > > At least mine is still OK. Pacific 750. Easy to modify - Remote
> Control.
> > > 3 Year Warranty too.
> > >
> > > Graham
> > >

> > They also have a no quibble money back guarantee for the entire 3 year
> period. i.e. You can take it back just before the 3 years are up,
> > and swap it for a brand new one with a new 3 year guarantee.

Liz
July 1st 03, 06:37 PM
Thank You George Sense at Last Liz
"George" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > why shouldnt he want to multi region it, some people buy a lot of
region 1
> > disks like myself. so shut up crying because if you bought region 1 you
> > would want to make yours multi region and as for spoiling it for
everyone
> > else . it is probably only done with the remote control and can be
changed
> > back again. moaners like you make me sick as well, you selfish little
git.

> If you are replying to Liz, (hard to tell) then I think you have missed
> the point.
>
> --
> Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
> It's a spring thing
> http://www.hookeslaw.com

Gary
July 2nd 03, 11:33 AM
Liz scribbled :
> THANKYOU Gary, at least someone has the brains to see I was
> commenting on the dishonest Graham going back to Asda just before his
> 3 years are up and getting a new one plus a free 3 years
> guaranteeTHAT IS WHAT WILL SPOIL IT FOR OTHER ASDA customer's SO IF
> THE 3YEAR GUARANTEE IS STOPPED!!! we will all know who to blame
> DISHONEST GRAHAM!!!!!!!!! "Gary"

I think you mean DISHONEST POB!!!!!!!!!!
Free Graham - He's Innocent !!
--
Gary
Please remove #NOSPAM# if replying via email

Graham
July 2nd 03, 11:39 PM
"Gary" > wrote in message
> Liz scribbled :
> > THANKYOU Gary, at least someone has the brains to see I was
> > commenting on the dishonest Graham going back to Asda just before his
> > 3 years are up and getting a new one plus a free 3 years
> > guaranteeTHAT IS WHAT WILL SPOIL IT FOR OTHER ASDA customer's SO IF
> > THE 3YEAR GUARANTEE IS STOPPED!!! we will all know who to blame
> > DISHONEST GRAHAM!!!!!!!!! "Gary"
>

> I think you mean DISHONEST POB!!!!!!!!!!
> Free Graham - He's Innocent !!

That's what they all say ! - I just haven't been caught yet.........

And yes Liz, it was POB not me !

(No offence taken though )

Graham

yup
July 3rd 03, 02:58 AM
I bought a DVD from Asda today, good price, nice machine.

I know, I thought, while I'm here, I'll pop into the cafe and have a bite to
eat.

Large coke, sausage, egg & chips and & bread roll

Sat down, 1st bite out of the egg and got a dirt great long black filthy
hair in my mouth !!!

Outraged, I took it to the till and vented my anger & disgust.

Sit down the lady said, I'll refund your money

10 minutes later she arrived with SOME of the money, seem the manager would
only refund the meal, not the drink and dry bread roll, I was expected to
eat those as they where not contaminated by hair !!

So I say " **** Asda"

"james llewellyn" > wrote in message
> why shouldnt he want to multi region it, some people buy a lot of region
1
> disks like myself. so shut up crying because if you bought region 1 you
> would want to make yours multi region and as for spoiling it for everyone
> else . it is probably only done with the remote control and can be changed
> back again. moaners like you make me sick as well, you selfish little git.
>
> "Liz" > wrote in message
> > Why is there always someone like you ? you will spoil it for everone
being
> > dishonest like this!!!! why can't you just be grateful for the free 3
year
> > guarantee people like you make me sick! Liz
> > "POB" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > In article >,
> > says...

> > Control.

> > > They also have a no quibble money back guarantee for the entire 3 year
> > period. i.e. You can take it back just before the 3 years are up,
> > > and swap it for a brand new one with a new 3 year guarantee.

George
July 3rd 03, 12:00 PM
In article >,
says...
> I bought a DVD from Asda today, good price, nice machine.
>
> I know, I thought, while I'm here, I'll pop into the cafe and have a bite to
> eat.
>
> Large coke, sausage, egg & chips and & bread roll
>
> Sat down, 1st bite out of the egg and got a dirt great long black filthy
> hair in my mouth !!!
>
> Outraged, I took it to the till and vented my anger & disgust.
>
> Sit down the lady said, I'll refund your money
>
> 10 minutes later she arrived with SOME of the money, seem the manager would
> only refund the meal, not the drink and dry bread roll, I was expected to
> eat those as they where not contaminated by hair !!

I think you were entitled to a full refund.

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com

Phil
July 3rd 03, 12:40 PM
"George" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > I bought a DVD from Asda today, good price, nice machine.
> >
> > I know, I thought, while I'm here, I'll pop into the cafe and have a bite to
> > eat.
> >
> > Large coke, sausage, egg & chips and & bread roll
> >
> > Sat down, 1st bite out of the egg and got a dirt great long black filthy
> > hair in my mouth !!!
> >
> > Outraged, I took it to the till and vented my anger & disgust.
> >
> > Sit down the lady said, I'll refund your money
> >
> > 10 minutes later she arrived with SOME of the money, seem the manager would
> > only refund the meal, not the drink and dry bread roll, I was expected to
> > eat those as they where not contaminated by hair !!
>
> I think you were entitled to a full refund.

Google