PDA

View Full Version : printer deals

db
June 30th 03, 07:22 PM
I'm looking for a printer (£50ish or less :) )

I used to have a epson 460 and was very impressed, my sister has a epson
c40 and to be honest i'm disappointed.

I'm wary to go hp due to the higher ink costs. (are they that much more? can
you get good non hp cartridges?)

So any ideas on good/cheap printers these days?

thanks

George
June 30th 03, 10:37 PM
In article >, [email protected]
atch.com says...
> I'm looking for a printer (=A350ish or less :) )
>=20
> I used to have a epson 460 and was very impressed, my sister has a epson
> c40 and to be honest i'm disappointed.
>=20
> I'm wary to go hp due to the higher ink costs. (are they that much more? =
can
> you get good non hp cartridges?)
>=20
> So any ideas on good/cheap printers these days?

Index shops are doing the Epson 680 for =A329.99. Decent cheap=20
printer. Probably best to phone your local store to see if they have any=
=20
left.

--=20
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com

db
June 30th 03, 11:15 PM
George wrote:
> In article >, [email protected]
> atch.com says...
>> I'm looking for a printer (£50ish or less :) )
>>
>> I used to have a epson 460 and was very impressed, my sister has a
>> epson c40 and to be honest i'm disappointed.
>>
>> I'm wary to go hp due to the higher ink costs. (are they that much
>> more? can you get good non hp cartridges?)
>>
>> So any ideas on good/cheap printers these days?
>
> Index shops are doing the Epson 680 for £29.99. Decent cheap
> printer. Probably best to phone your local store to see if they have
> any left.

wow.. thats cheap :) right up my street. I'll have a look tomorrow.

thanks

Colin Reddish
July 3rd 03, 02:08 AM
"George" > wrote in message

Anyone with an Epson which uses chipped cartridges try a little freeware
program called SSC Service Utility. It lets you reuse the same
cartridge, (there's often plenty of ink left when the printer says
otherwise) or refill a cartridge. The software fools the printer into
thinking it's a new cartridge.

Thanks for that George. Do you have a link to download this from. A google
search lists mainly Russian sites for this which makes the instructions
rather difficult to follow :-)
--
Colin Reddish

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com

DNA
July 3rd 03, 10:11 AM
"Colin Reddish" > wrote in message

> "George" > wrote in message
>
> Anyone with an Epson which uses chipped cartridges try a little freeware
> program called SSC Service Utility. It lets you reuse the same
> cartridge, (there's often plenty of ink left when the printer says
> otherwise) or refill a cartridge. The software fools the printer into
> thinking it's a new cartridge.
>
> Thanks for that George. Do you have a link to download this from. A google
> search lists mainly Russian sites for this which makes the instructions
> rather difficult to follow :-)
> --
> Colin Reddish
>
> --
> Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
> It's a spring thing
> http://www.hookeslaw.com

What is the order product code for Index shops selling the 680?

DNA
July 3rd 03, 04:14 PM
"George" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> >
> > "George" > wrote in message
> >
> > Anyone with an Epson which uses chipped cartridges try a little freeware
> > program called SSC Service Utility. It lets you reuse the same
> > cartridge, (there's often plenty of ink left when the printer says
> > otherwise) or refill a cartridge. The software fools the printer into
> > thinking it's a new cartridge.
> >
> > Thanks for that George. Do you have a link to download this from. A
google
> > search lists mainly Russian sites for this which makes the instructions
> > rather difficult to follow :-)
>
> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml should do the trick.
>

> --
> Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
> It's a spring thing
> http://www.hookeslaw.com

a very big thank you.

Colin Reddish
July 4th 03, 01:18 AM
"George" > wrote in message
> > Thanks for that George. Do you have a link to download this from. A
google
> > search lists mainly Russian sites for this which makes the instructions
> > rather difficult to follow :-)
>
> http://www.ssclg.com/epsone.shtml should do the trick.

Thanks George. But unfortunately the download I get from that site is also
in Russian, at least the Help file is in Russian. I have not installed the
programme yet so maybe that runs with English text? Any futher advice
George?

--
Colin Reddish

George
July 7th 03, 04:34 PM
In article >,
says...

> "George" > wrote in message
>
> > I never even looked at the help file and as you say it's in Russian but
> > the program seems pretty self explanatory. Choose your printer from the
> > drop down list, then reset counter I'm guessing. Haven't used it yet as
> > my cartridge is still new. Maybe best to look for something else to be
> > on the safe side.
> >

> Actually if you scroll down further in the Help file there is an English
> version :-)

Ah right, well spotted! :-)

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email