PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a cheap Circular Saw...

me
June 30th 03, 09:42 PM
I'm after a cheap circular saw - only going to use it occasionally so I
don't need a professional thing - anyhwere cheaper than Argos??

Cheers

Gareth not NLL or anybody else.
June 30th 03, 09:54 PM
"me" > wrote in message ...
> I'm after a cheap circular saw - only going to use it occasionally so I
> don't need a professional thing - anyhwere cheaper than Argos??
>
> Cheers

www.screwfix.com is ur best bet

HTH

Gareth

Bren
June 30th 03, 10:18 PM
Someone posted earlier that B&Q are having a sale on power tools
check out www.diy.com

Bren

"me" > wrote in message ...
> I'm after a cheap circular saw - only going to use it occasionally so I
> don't need a professional thing - anyhwere cheaper than Argos??
>
> Cheers

George
June 30th 03, 10:37 PM
In article >, says...
> I'm after a cheap circular saw - only going to use it occasionally so I
> don't need a professional thing - anyhwere cheaper than Argos??

How much is the Argos one? Have you tried Screwfix?

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

yup
July 1st 03, 02:47 AM
www.maplin.co.uk

have an offer on a chop saw

"me" > wrote in message ...
> I'm after a cheap circular saw - only going to use it occasionally so I
> don't need a professional thing - anyhwere cheaper than Argos??
>
> Cheers

HP
July 1st 03, 10:23 AM
While they do both have circular blades, it is rather hard (not to mention
very dangerous) to use a chop saw as a circular saw, especially when up a
ladder :)

"yup" > wrote in message
> www.maplin.co.uk
>
> have an offer on a chop saw
>
> "me" > wrote in message ...
> > I'm after a cheap circular saw - only going to use it occasionally so I
> > don't need a professional thing - anyhwere cheaper than Argos??
> >
> > Cheers

July 10th 03, 05:59 PM
Just remember it may be ok purchasing a cheap circ saw find the blade
diameter and see how much the replacement blades are then go for the
cheapest with the cheapest blade price as well.

Google