PDA

View Full Version : Re: Mp3 cd players?

Paulo De Souza
June 30th 03, 11:14 PM
> We just received two Mercury KOB220 Mp3 Cd VCD players from Scan, both are
> faulty and unuseable. So we are on the lookout for replacements. My wife
has
> a Napa 316, which whilst quirky has been pretty reliable, another would be
> an acceptable choice. So has anyone got seen any cheap Mp3 cd players
> around?
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/SVP_Communications_Special_Offers_15
..html

But mini cds.. at £30 it isnt bad.
Paulo

oo^^artnada^^oo
July 1st 03, 08:27 AM
Matt wrote:
| We just received two Mercury KOB220 Mp3 Cd VCD players from Scan,
| both are faulty and unuseable. So we are on the lookout for
| replacements. My wife has a Napa 316, which whilst quirky has been
| pretty reliable, another would be an acceptable choice. So has anyone
| got seen any cheap Mp3 cd players around?
|
| Cheers
|
| Matt
|

| ---

LOL - keep well away from Scan - crap service, crap after sales service too!

Gummo
July 1st 03, 08:59 AM
http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info.asp?quicklinx=2J8M

toupeira
July 1st 03, 10:26 AM
I looked at these, but read customer feedback on various sites and
decided against - I then paid Comet(!) £40.00 for their Prol-line
Cd/MP3 player - nice display, good sound, just don't use the supplied
ear phones - very few restrictions on the CDs it reads as well - it
might even read UDF, but I can't remember for certain.

I would recommend it though.

Best thing I did with it, was take it on holiday with me, with a CD
full of MP3 recording from BB* 7, Dad's Army, Alan Partridge etc on .

Toupeira

"Matt" > wrote in message >...
> We just received two Mercury KOB220 Mp3 Cd VCD players from Scan, both are
> faulty and unuseable. So we are on the lookout for replacements. My wife has
> a Napa 316, which whilst quirky has been pretty reliable, another would be
> an acceptable choice. So has anyone got seen any cheap Mp3 cd players
> around?
>
> Cheers
>
> Matt
>

> ---

Matt
July 1st 03, 01:45 PM
"Brownie" > wrote in message

> Sometimes it's worth paying the extra money - I have an iRiver 250 which
is
> a rebadged version of Sonic Blue's 250 model. Great sound, great
> anti-shock, full details on screen (MP3 tags), line-out, mains adapter and
> also gapless replaying of 'continuous normal CD's'. Cost around £129, but
> having tried some cheaper players it was worth it.

A nice player by all accounts but we are a little strapped for cash so out
of our price range.

Cheers

Matt

Matt
July 1st 03, 01:48 PM
"toupeira" > wrote in message
m...
> I looked at these, but read customer feedback on various sites and
> decided against - I then paid Comet(!) £40.00 for their Prol-line
> Cd/MP3 player - nice display, good sound, just don't use the supplied
> ear phones - very few restrictions on the CDs it reads as well - it
> might even read UDF, but I can't remember for certain.
>
> I would recommend it though.

This is the one I was going to buy but the Mercurys were a bit cheaper and
had remote controls. Shame I didn't get that one. Oh well lesson learned.

Matt

news.cable.ntlworld.com
July 1st 03, 08:33 PM
Try here - http://www.radioshack.co.uk/webdetail.php?i=4206025

not bad, considering it has a car kit too