PDA

View Full Version : Wireless doorbell

Helmy
July 1st 03, 11:36 PM
Anyone know where to get one?

Ged Hickman
July 2nd 03, 11:19 AM
But, make sure you listen before buying. Some of the bells on the units are
so feeble you can't hear them over telly/in other room etc!
We got a bigger one using 4 c cells from B&Q in the end

"Helmy" <aoyb85atdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Anyone know where to get one?

joe parkin
July 2nd 03, 07:15 PM
In article >,
says...
> But, make sure you listen before buying. Some of the bells on the units are
> so feeble you can't hear them over telly/in other room etc!
> We got a bigger one using 4 c cells from B&Q in the end
>
> "Helmy" <aoyb85atdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone know where to get one?
And also get one with a different frequency from your neighbours car
alarm remote:-( our neighbour is a taxi driver and we ended up taking
the batteries out of the bell as it is going off at all hours.

ripper
July 2nd 03, 09:43 PM
I got a Freidland from B&Q, plus an extra bellpush. Set the switches up &
have one tone for front door and a different tone for back door.
"joe parkin" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > But, make sure you listen before buying. Some of the bells on the units
are
> > so feeble you can't hear them over telly/in other room etc!
> > We got a bigger one using 4 c cells from B&Q in the end
> >
> > "Helmy" <aoyb85atdsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone know where to get one?
> And also get one with a different frequency from your neighbours car
> alarm remote:-( our neighbour is a taxi driver and we ended up taking
> the batteries out of the bell as it is going off at all hours.

essdeekay
July 4th 03, 12:01 AM
In article >,
says...
> And also get one with a different frequency from your neighbours car
> alarm remote:-( our neighbour is a taxi driver and we ended up taking
> the batteries out of the bell as it is going off at all hours.

Make sure your neighbours don't have a similar make/model wireless
doorbell too ... we got one and our neighbours 100yds up the road kept
on setting ours off and vice versa.

--
Cheers,
Seb