PDA

View Full Version : Wtd: Cooker deals / advice

Abso
July 3rd 03, 07:27 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a new cooker and apart from the £10 off £100 offer that
someone posted here yesterday, I've not seen many offers which I could use.
Does anyone have a handy discount code for Currys or the like, or a
recommendation for a particular retailer?

I'm looking to spend around £500 and want a dual oven with programmable on /
off and decent build quality. The brands I've noticed are Belling, Tricity
Bendix, Electrolux and Hotpoint. Does anyone know how the reputation of these
brands compare? I've tried searching for online review sites but they all
seem to be in the style of Kelkoo and devoid of useful content.

TIA for any help

Abso

Brownie
July 3rd 03, 07:29 PM
"Abso" > wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a new cooker and apart from the £10 off £100 offer that
> someone posted here yesterday, I've not seen many offers which I could
use.
> Does anyone have a handy discount code for Currys or the like, or a
> recommendation for a particular retailer?

Amazingly, cookers don't come much cheaper than at Curry's on all the models
I've looked at unless you find a site that has a sale. It's the postage
that makes some places exceed some Curry's prices. Allders are doing free
delivery though.

Gary
July 3rd 03, 07:32 PM
Brownie scribbled :
> Amazingly, cookers don't come much cheaper than at Curry's on all the
> models I've looked at unless you find a site that has a sale. It's
> the postage that makes some places exceed some Curry's prices.
> Allders are doing free delivery though.

I found http://www.ukappliances.co.uk/ a lot cheaper than Currys when I
bought my Double Oven cooker earlier this year.
Postage is free if its over a certain ammount.

--
Gary
Please remove #NOSPAM# if replying via email

Abso
July 3rd 03, 09:17 PM
"Brownie" > wrote in message

> "Abso" > wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for a new cooker and apart from the £10 off £100 offer that
> > someone posted here yesterday, I've not seen many offers which I could
> use.
> > Does anyone have a handy discount code for Currys or the like, or a
> > recommendation for a particular retailer?
>
> Amazingly, cookers don't come much cheaper than at Curry's on all the models
> I've looked at unless you find a site that has a sale. It's the postage
> that makes some places exceed some Curry's prices. Allders are doing free
> delivery though.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I've been browsing the Comet website and am pretty
amazed by the features on offer from this unit:

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/278_688604.html

3 Scart sockets allowing easy connection of a DVD player, etc.. 2 RGB enabled
scart sockets accepting high quality signals from a digi box... Cookers truly
have moved on since I last bought one..!

--
Abso

Google