PDA

View Full Version : Re: OT-ish ADSL advice sought

db
July 3rd 03, 09:27 PM
Lostin1999 wrote:
> finally discovered that BT are enabling my exchange shortly... not
> 100% sure what I need hence the Question's
>
> I am looking for a Broadband supplier (ADSL NOT CABLE) who will
> supply a router (I have more than one PC) and doing a good deal..

check out. www.adslguide.org.uk

Clueless
July 3rd 03, 09:28 PM
Lostin1999 wrote:
> finally discovered that BT are enabling my exchange shortly... not
> 100% sure what I need hence the Question's
>
> I am looking for a Broadband supplier (ADSL NOT CABLE) who will
> supply a router (I have more than one PC) and doing a good deal..
>
> Anyone recommend anyone???

Try news://uk.telecom.broadband or www.adslguide.org.uk

S. Althaf

Phöènix
July 4th 03, 04:24 AM
"ice" > wrote in message

> "Lostin1999" > wrote in message
> > finally discovered that BT are enabling my exchange shortly... not 100%
> > sure what I need hence the Question's
> >
> > I am looking for a Broadband supplier (ADSL NOT CABLE) who will supply
> > router (I have more than one PC) and doing a good deal..
> >
> > Anyone recommend anyone???
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Mark
>
> May be of interest folks....
>
> <http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo>
>

> For £10+vat (£11.75) you can get 200MB of data usage.
> Then it costs you £1+vat (£1.175) for every extra 400MB of data you
> download.

Not as bad as it sounds - there is a cost cap at £25+vat /month for the
basic package.

Mark Gillespie
July 4th 03, 08:35 AM
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003 19:17:50 +0100, Lostin1999 >
wrote:

> finally discovered that BT are enabling my exchange shortly... not 100%
> sure what I need hence the Question's
>
> I am looking for a Broadband supplier (ADSL NOT CABLE) who will supply a
> router (I have more than one PC) and doing a good deal..
>
> Anyone recommend anyone???
>
> TIA
>
> Mark

You'd be better off signing up with a ISP that does not bundle any hardware
for 3 reasons:

1/ They are cheaper (the hardware is not free, it's clawed back by more
expensive monthly subs)
2/ You get to choose your own hardware, not the **** they dish out (Ever
heard of the green frogs and how bad they were??).
3/ Shorter tie-ins. If the ISP is ****, move to another.

Check out www.adslguide.org.uk for the best info.

Hywel Jenkins
July 4th 03, 08:59 AM
In article >,
says...
> finally discovered that BT are enabling my exchange shortly... not 100%
> sure what I need hence the Question's
>
> I am looking for a Broadband supplier (ADSL NOT CABLE) who will supply a
> router (I have more than one PC) and doing a good deal..
>
> Anyone recommend anyone???

http://www.eclipse.net.uk/ - 4-port router for £85 inc. when ordered
with ADSL. They're also top of the ADSL Guide charts again.

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Google