PDA

View Full Version : TV Card - Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99

DeeInLondon
July 4th 03, 05:34 PM
Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99
Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and teletext to
your monitor. The software also enables the digital recording of television
programmes onto your hard drive. The unit contains the state-of-the art
Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate reliability.

Anyone know what the spec is on this? Is this a good price?

Phöènix
July 4th 03, 06:36 PM
"DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
> Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99
> Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and teletext
> your monitor. The software also enables the digital recording of
television
> programmes onto your hard drive. The unit contains the state-of-the art
> Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate reliability.
>
> Anyone know what the spec is on this? Is this a good price?

I think this may be the Medion 9717 TV Card with Philips 7134
given that that is where Aldi get their computer stuff from.

A babel translation from the website gives

Medion AG

PCI stereo TV/FM tuner map

Stereo tuner map with 9 bits ADC technology and PowerVCR II 3.0

Part number. 50005718

Equipment:
PCI stereo TV/FM tuner map
Philips's 7134 chip set
9 bits ADC technology (for better image quality)
TV stereo tuner
European-wide receipt by multi-standard tuner
FM UKW stereo tuner for the frequency range 87.5 - 108MHz
Videotex
Entrance/exits:
75 ohms of TV - entrance
75 ohms of FM - entrance
Video entrance FBAS
Video entrance s-video
Audio exit (3,5mm klinkenbuchse)

Scope of supply:
PCI stereo TV/FM tuner map
Audio cable connection
Extensive installation and user software on CD Rome
Real time MPEG 1/2 digital video and TV photograph software (PowerVCR II 3,0
*)
FM throw antenna

Jaime
July 4th 03, 08:12 PM
> > Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99
> > Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and
> > teletext to your monitor. The software also enables the digital
> > recording of television programmes onto your hard drive. The unit
> > contains the state-of-the art Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate
> > reliability.
> >
> > Anyone know what the spec is on this? Is this a good price?
>
> it's about average price for a TV card imo, i've tried different makes and
> say ATI All-in-wonder or ATI Tv Tuner cards are the best.
>
> Dunno about Aldi's though.

The nebula dttv digitv card is far better, however significantly more
expensive, and of course needs dttv reception. As for analogue cards the
hauppauge ones arnt too bad (unlike their digital ones)

Jaime

wiraone
July 4th 03, 09:09 PM
"Phöènix" <[email protected]> wrote in
:

> "DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
>> Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99
>> Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and
>> teletext
>> your monitor. The software also enables the digital recording of
> television
>> programmes onto your hard drive. The unit contains the state-of-the
>> art Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate reliability.
>>
>> Anyone know what the spec is on this? Is this a good price?
>>

> I think this may be the Medion 9717 TV Card with Philips 7134
> given that that is where Aldi get their computer stuff from.

Yup, it is Medion brand. I have the latest flier from Aldi .. it just
mentioned there, Medion PC TV Tuner Card. By checking the Medion website,
only that one model which closely resemble as per the description in the
flier.

Major ChrisB
July 8th 03, 11:42 PM
"DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
> Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99
> Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and teletext
> your monitor. The software also enables the digital recording of
television
> programmes onto your hard drive. The unit contains the state-of-the art
> Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate reliability.
>
> Anyone know what the spec is on this? Is this a good price?

Does anyone now if this card can record direct from the TV to MPEG2 or if it
records as AVI or another format that needs converting?

Also will it record sky?

Can I use it with a recording scheduler to automatically change channels?

Major ChrisB
July 9th 03, 02:35 PM
"Lynn Shepherd" > wrote in message

> "Major ChrisB" > wrote in message
> >
> > "DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
> > > Aldi PC TV Tuner Card £29.99
> > > Upgrade your computer with this card and access TV, FM radio and
> teletext
> > > your monitor. The software also enables the digital recording of
> > television
> > > programmes onto your hard drive. The unit contains the state-of-the
art
> > > Philips 7134 chip set giving ultimate reliability.
> > >
> > > Anyone know what the spec is on this? Is this a good price?
> > >

> > Does anyone now if this card can record direct from the TV to MPEG2 or
if
> it
> > records as AVI or another format that needs converting?
> >
> > Also will it record sky?
> >
> > Can I use it with a recording scheduler to automatically change
channels?

> > I have aldi's medion pc with a pc tv tuner card if not sure if same spec
> but i can copy from tv with a cable and sky it copies as a mpg file,
>
> hope this helps

yip, helps a lot. do you know if it records as mpeg 1 or mpeg 2?

also does it have a remote control?

Google