PDA

View Full Version : Good Deals on Digital Cameras please

Alan Monaghan
July 5th 03, 03:41 PM
I'm off on holiday next month and would like to
replace my now broken Kodak DX3700 (I dropped it).

I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
indulgence.

I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.

Suggestions please?

Alan

john374999
July 5th 03, 03:59 PM
check out http://www.pixmania.com
great service for me and the best prices I went for the Minolta 7i the
best ive ever had
Johnnie Scott
UK Kent
"Alan Monaghan" > wrote in message
> I'm off on holiday next month and would like to
> replace my now broken Kodak DX3700 (I dropped it).
>
> I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
> zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
> indulgence.
>
> I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.
>
> Suggestions please?
>
> Alan

john374999
July 5th 03, 07:23 PM
ONE MORE http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk
"john374999" > wrote in message
> check out http://www.pixmania.com
> great service for me and the best prices I went for the Minolta 7i the
> best ive ever had
> Johnnie Scott
> UK Kent
> "Alan Monaghan" > wrote in message
> > I'm off on holiday next month and would like to
> > replace my now broken Kodak DX3700 (I dropped it).
> >
> > I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
> > zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
> > indulgence.
> >
> > I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.
> >
> > Suggestions please?
> >
> > Alan

Bari Pollard
July 6th 03, 06:05 PM
> I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
> zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
> indulgence.
>
> I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.

I have just got the Olypmus C-4000, 4 mega pixel, 3X Optical for £300 from
http://www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk/ also threw in a 64mb card. Seems a
good camera. Needed to get one which has a u/water housing available.

HTH.

Bari Pollard
www.amsac.org.uk

Paul Wight
July 6th 03, 09:08 PM
canon a70 from anywhere is arounf 250 mark.
3mp, very good image qual.,
zoom, and a very good movie mode.
got best buy in pc pro this month

"Alan Monaghan" > wrote in message
> I'm off on holiday next month and would like to
> replace my now broken Kodak DX3700 (I dropped it).
>
> I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
> zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
> indulgence.
>
> I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.
>
> Suggestions please?
>
> Alan

Blade
July 8th 03, 03:12 PM
similar but smaller nikon 3100 much better lens

"Paul Wight" > wrote in message
> canon a70 from anywhere is arounf 250 mark.
> 3mp, very good image qual.,
> zoom, and a very good movie mode.
> got best buy in pc pro this month
>
> "Alan Monaghan" > wrote in message
> > I'm off on holiday next month and would like to
> > replace my now broken Kodak DX3700 (I dropped it).
> >
> > I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
> > zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
> > indulgence.
> >
> > I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.
> >
> > Suggestions please?
> >
> > Alan

Mic Tyler
July 27th 03, 10:22 AM
I just picked up the A70 from Berridgemail.co.uk, had to wait 2 weeks whilst
the UK was restocked though..

Very nice camera, with Movie mode etc..

Winterman

"Paul Wight" > wrote in message
> canon a70 from anywhere is arounf 250 mark.
> 3mp, very good image qual.,
> zoom, and a very good movie mode.
> got best buy in pc pro this month
>
> "Alan Monaghan" > wrote in message
> > I'm off on holiday next month and would like to
> > replace my now broken Kodak DX3700 (I dropped it).
> >
> > I'm looking for 3 - 4 MPixel - Must have Optical
> > zoom (unlike Kodak). Movie mode would be a nice
> > indulgence.
> >
> > I would prefer it to be a 'name' brand.
> >
> > Suggestions please?
> >
> > Alan