PDA

View Full Version : Bargain in Argos sale

bjc^^
July 5th 03, 08:18 PM
Just purchased a Lexmark all-in-one machine for only £69.99 - half price
from Argos in their sale. Already have a HP OfficeJet but this was too good
to miss.

Kaz.

Dr Zoidberg
July 5th 03, 08:41 PM
Dudley wrote:
>> Just purchased a Lexmark all-in-one machine for only £69.99 - half
>> price from Argos in their sale. Already have a HP OfficeJet but
>> this was too good to miss.
>>

> Just wait till you have to come and buy replacement ink cartridges
> for it, and they'll you'll realise what a bargain buying a Lexmark
> printer really is!

Yep , lexmark carts are *very* expensive , albeit they are larger than most
other makes.
A pair of new carts will set you back 50 quid.
--
Alex

"We are now up against live, hostile targets"

"So, if Little Red Riding Hood should show up with a bazooka and a bad
attitude, I expect you to chin the bitch! "

www.drzoidberg.co.uk

Monty
July 5th 03, 08:52 PM
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:37:55 +0100, "Dudley" >
wrote:
>Just wait till you have to come and buy replacement ink cartridges for it,
>and they'll you'll realise what a bargain buying a Lexmark printer really
>is! If you think I'm pulling your leg read this.....
Bloody ridicules isn't it my Xerox has been out of ink since December
last I would sooner do without a printer than pay the price that ALL
manufactures are charging for new cartridges .
Monty.

DeeInLondon
July 5th 03, 09:41 PM
"Monty" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:37:55 +0100, "Dudley" >
> wrote:
> >Just wait till you have to come and buy replacement ink cartridges for
it,
> >and they'll you'll realise what a bargain buying a Lexmark printer really
> >is! If you think I'm pulling your leg read this.....
> Bloody ridicules isn't it my Xerox has been out of ink since December
> last I would sooner do without a printer than pay the price that ALL
> manufactures are charging for new cartridges .
> Monty.

You might not have a printer at all if you've left your own printer without
ink for 7 months now.

If you've got a printer with a permanant head like an Epson or Some Canon
printers the ink dries inside if you don't print at least a sheet or two a
month and can ruin the head - this happenede to my Canon printer - the ink
in the red head drier up and screwed the printer!! At the time I'd gotten a
job at Xerox and was doing all my printing at work for a whole year - never
even used my own printer - then when I left I saw my own printer had dried
up.

Cubzilla
July 6th 03, 01:07 AM
"DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
.. .

> "Monty" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:37:55 +0100, "Dudley" >
> > wrote:
> > >Just wait till you have to come and buy replacement ink cartridges for
> it,
> > >and they'll you'll realise what a bargain buying a Lexmark printer
really
> > >is! If you think I'm pulling your leg read this.....
> > Bloody ridicules isn't it my Xerox has been out of ink since December
> > last I would sooner do without a printer than pay the price that ALL
> > manufactures are charging for new cartridges .
> > Monty.
>

> You might not have a printer at all if you've left your own printer
without
> ink for 7 months now.
>
> If you've got a printer with a permanant head like an Epson or Some Canon
> printers the ink dries inside if you don't print at least a sheet or two a
> month and can ruin the head - this happenede to my Canon printer - the ink
> in the red head drier up and screwed the printer!! At the time I'd gotten
> job at Xerox and was doing all my printing at work for a whole year -
never
> even used my own printer - then when I left I saw my own printer had dried
> up.

The heads can be cleared by at least 5+ cleaning cycles if not more.. been
there done it

Regards

StevePetMonkey
July 6th 03, 02:39 AM
I have found out that it is cheaper to buy a new Cannon printer with Ink and
USB lead, than it is to buy ink for my lexmark Z33 at 29 quid each, lexmark
sucks for charging so much when the hard copys are no better than any other
brand.
Lexmark can shuv the Z33 up their a**e!

It's really hard to refill lexmark aswell.

Bast***s.

George
July 7th 03, 12:36 AM
In article >,
says...

> The heads can be cleared by at least 5+ cleaning cycles if not more.. been
> there done it

Not always the case. You were fortunate.

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing

Panda
July 7th 03, 11:57 PM
On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 20:41:49 +0100, "DeeInLondon" > wrote:

>You might not have a printer at all if you've left your own printer without
>ink for 7 months now.
>
>If you've got a printer with a permanant head like an Epson or Some Canon
>printers the ink dries inside if you don't print at least a sheet or two a
>month and can ruin the head - this happenede to my Canon printer - the ink
>in the red head drier up and screwed the printer!! At the time I'd gotten a
>job at Xerox and was doing all my printing at work for a whole year - never
>even used my own printer - then when I left I saw my own printer had dried
>up.

I've recently dug out my old epson 740 printer and cannot get it to print properly even with new carts, so guess this
has happened to mine. Is there any way to repair them - it cost too much to throw it away.

George
July 8th 03, 12:31 AM
In article >,
says...
> On Sat, 5 Jul 2003 20:41:49 +0100, "DeeInLondon" > wrote:
>

> >You might not have a printer at all if you've left your own printer without
> >ink for 7 months now.
> >
> >If you've got a printer with a permanant head like an Epson or Some Canon
> >printers the ink dries inside if you don't print at least a sheet or two a
> >month and can ruin the head - this happenede to my Canon printer - the ink
> >in the red head drier up and screwed the printer!! At the time I'd gotten a
> >job at Xerox and was doing all my printing at work for a whole year - never
> >even used my own printer - then when I left I saw my own printer had dried
> >up.
> >

> I've recently dug out my old epson 740 printer and cannot get it to print properly even with new carts, so guess this
> has happened to mine. Is there any way to repair them - it cost too much to throw it away.

I had some information emailed to me ages ago when I asked a similar
question in another newsgroup. I've uploaded to my website temporarily.
Hope it helps.

http://www.hookeslaw.com/epson.htm

--
Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
It's a spring thing
http://www.hookeslaw.com

JJ
July 9th 03, 09:41 PM
> No offence but if you are prepared to pay £29 each for Lexmark Z33
> cartridges, you're not really qualified to pass comment. The first place
> visited (7 Day Shop) had genuine Lexmark original Z33 cartridges for
£17.45
> Black and £17.94 for colour, I'm sure I could have found cheaper with a
> wider search, thats not even taking into account the cheaper compatables
> that they have in stock.
> As for refill kits for Lexmark they are no different from any other refill
> kit I have ever used, in fact the black kit is easier that most as you
just
> pierce the plastic lid and insert the syringe, jeez how hard is that?

Easy to re-fill but my old Z43 would never print with a refilled cart. I
tried everything possible (jr inkjet kits) but can't get any joy. The 3
times I've tried (last one being a half full one as suggested by JR Inkjet),
it killed the cart and no ink came out!
I'll never try and fill one again!
JJ

Google