PDA

View Full Version : Re: Enlargements from digital camera piccies - "Big Print"

Cubzilla
July 6th 03, 01:05 AM
"Martin" > wrote in message
> PC world in Birmingham are running a system where you take along a
> CDROM or the little card out of your camera, and they print an
> enlargement for you on the spot.
>
> It's digitally printed and the quality is fantastic and light fast.
> It's printed straight onto high quality heavyweight digital board, so
> need to mount it - you just put it straight into a frame.
>
> I worked out that it would cost at least three times as much to get
> the enlargement done the old fashioned way at a high street
> photographer!
>
> Martin

AND THE PRICE !

Mark Kelly
July 6th 03, 09:20 AM
On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:59:43 +0100, Janner > wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 00:05:35 +0100, "Cubzilla"
> wrote:
>

>>"Martin" > wrote in message
>>> PC world in Birmingham are running a system where you take along a
>>> CDROM or the little card out of your camera, and they print an
>>> enlargement for you on the spot.
>>>
>>> It's digitally printed and the quality is fantastic and light fast.
>>> It's printed straight onto high quality heavyweight digital board, so
>>> need to mount it - you just put it straight into a frame.
>>>
>>> I worked out that it would cost at least three times as much to get
>>> the enlargement done the old fashioned way at a high street
>>> photographer!
>>>
>>> Martin
>>>

>>AND THE PRICE !
>>

>About as third as much as it would cost to get the enlargement done
>the old fashioned way at a high street photographer!
>
>;-)

That still doesn't answer it, since tht price if variable depending
where you go, and also even what country you goto as well.

Lynn Shepherd
July 6th 03, 11:16 AM
"Steve" > wrote in message
> Janner wrote:
> > On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 07:20:56 GMT,
> > (Mark Kelly)
> > wrote:

> >> That still doesn't answer it, since tht price if variable depending
> >> where you go, and also even what country you goto as well.
> >
> > I guess it must be too early on a Sunday for irony ...
>
> No, not really. I was up at 5.30 doing my ironying.
>
> ;)
> --
> Steve
> --
> Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
> That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have
> their shoes.
>
> Well I just wanna know £1, £2, £3. Thats All!!!!!!!!!

Gary
July 6th 03, 11:29 AM
Lynn Shepherd scribbled :
>> Well I just wanna know £1, £2, £3. Thats All!!!!!!!!!

I think you would be closer if you had a 0 on the end of those figures!!
Phoning PC world and asking would also be an option??

--
Gary
Please remove #NOSPAM# if replying via email

me
July 8th 03, 01:33 AM
"Gary" > wrote in message
> Lynn Shepherd scribbled :
> >> Well I just wanna know £1, £2, £3. Thats All!!!!!!!!!
>
> I think you would be closer if you had a 0 on the end of those figures!!
> Phoning PC world and asking would also be an option??
>
> --
> Gary
> Please remove #NOSPAM# if replying via email

or you could upload your photo to www.klick.co.uk and pay 15p for a 6x4
print.

Martin
July 11th 03, 10:00 PM
me wrote:
> "Gary" > wrote in message
>> Lynn Shepherd scribbled :
>>
>> I think you would be closer if you had a 0 on the end of those
>> figures!! Phoning PC world and asking would also be an option??
>>
>> --
>> Gary
>> Please remove #NOSPAM# if replying via email
>>

> or you could upload your photo to www.klick.co.uk and pay 15p for a
> 6x4 print.

Sorry about the delayed reply - I work away during the week.

A size approx A4 is £5.99, but they do a two for one offer with a lot
of stuff. Bear in mind that the print is on a thick board and so there
is no need to mount the print after - just frame it straight away.
They do much larger sizes too, which I reckon are probably the biggest
actual saving.

The very largest is £24.99 without a two for one, but it is really
*very* big. I bought one of these, and the quality is astounding. You
do need a good 3 megapixel camera image for the very biggest ones I
reckon, but 2 megapixels is fine for most.

Regards

Martin

Google