PDA

View Full Version : Re: Cheap Apple ipod?

Paulo De Souza
July 6th 03, 02:55 AM
ebay

"Howard" > wrote in message
> I am thinking of buying an 15g apple ipod and the cheapest i can find one
> for is £299.
>
> Does anyone know if i could buy it cheaper anywhere else.
>
> Thanks in advance

Paulo De Souza
July 6th 03, 03:07 AM
> Yeah thanks for the sugestion but i have looked there and i could only
find
> 1 15g ipod in the new style(the buttons are flush with the face instead of
> sticking out) and it was £250 which i know is £49 cheaper but i would
rather
> buy it from a shop and have the piece of mind that i can take it back if
> anything goes wrong with it :-).
>
> but thankyou for the sugestion

Then try john lewis with a £25 discount maybe but apple keep a tight string
on their products and i never seem to find anywhre with different lower
prices then apple.
Paulo

Howard
July 6th 03, 03:07 AM
i was wondering if that would be the case

where would i get the £25 discount you mentioned?
"Paulo De Souza" > wrote in message
> > Yeah thanks for the sugestion but i have looked there and i could only
> find
> > 1 15g ipod in the new style(the buttons are flush with the face instead
of
> > sticking out) and it was £250 which i know is £49 cheaper but i would
> rather
> > buy it from a shop and have the piece of mind that i can take it back if
> > anything goes wrong with it :-).
> >
> > but thankyou for the sugestion
>
> Then try john lewis with a £25 discount maybe but apple keep a tight
string
> on their products and i never seem to find anywhre with different lower
> prices then apple.
> Paulo

Cheeky
July 6th 03, 12:28 PM
On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:05:49 +0100, "Howard"
> wrote:

>I am thinking of buying an 15g apple ipod and the cheapest i can find one
>for is £299.
>
>Does anyone know if i could buy it cheaper anywhere else.
>
>Thanks in advance

I've been looking around for the same item and have not found a better
price either on-line or elsewhere. As another poster mentioned the
only likely source will be ebay - but they'll only be cheaper if
they're sourced in the US and then you've got the threat of duty and
VAT to contend with.

Do you know anyone who is going over there soon......?

Rub1sco
July 8th 03, 12:45 AM
"Cheeky" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 01:05:49 +0100, "Howard"
> > wrote:
>
> >I am thinking of buying an 15g apple ipod and the cheapest i can find one
> >for is £299.
> >
> >Does anyone know if i could buy it cheaper anywhere else.

Johnlewis.com sell for £270 using the 10% off code. See here:

http://www.johnlewis.com/promo/Coupon.asp

Google