PDA

View Full Version : Re: CHEAP PC MONITOR

db
July 8th 03, 01:03 AM
big G wrote:
> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?

ebay

BobS
July 8th 03, 08:54 PM
Look in your local paper small adds - lots of people are moving to flat
panel screens. HTH BobS
--
Reply without question to

"big G" > wrote in message
> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?

Paul F
July 8th 03, 09:44 PM
"big G" > wrote in message
> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?

used monitors available from www.itdealers.co.uk, i have bought from them
and would recommend.
Paul F

machofairy
July 9th 03, 08:44 AM
If you live in or near Manchester, Bowlers is te best place. Someone I
Know got a flatscreen 17" Dell or £90 recently

Raiden
July 9th 03, 06:24 PM
Paul F wrote:
> "big G" > wrote in message
>> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?
>>

> used monitors available from www.itdealers.co.uk, i have bought from
> them and would recommend.
> Paul F

Hi Paul, did they deliver or did you pick it up? I am in a bit of a rush to
get a monitor for a PC and I am considering buying second hand but I have
some reservations, i.e. if it packs up after the 30 day warranty period.
Anyone got any experience buying 2nd hand monitors? Do they tend to keep
working? Paul did you get a choice of monitor or do they send any out? was
it branded?

--
Earn money by clicking banner ads and getting a cut of the ad revenue.
http://tinyurl.com/f6y5 [you can even get paid via PayPal] Remove your

Paul F
July 9th 03, 08:40 PM
"Raiden" > wrote in message
> Paul F wrote:
> > "big G" > wrote in message
> >> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?
> >>

> > used monitors available from www.itdealers.co.uk, i have bought from
> > them and would recommend.
> > Paul F
>
> Hi Paul, did they deliver or did you pick it up? I am in a bit of a rush
> get a monitor for a PC and I am considering buying second hand but I have
> some reservations, i.e. if it packs up after the 30 day warranty period.
> Anyone got any experience buying 2nd hand monitors? Do they tend to keep
> working? Paul did you get a choice of monitor or do they send any out? was
> it branded?
>
> --
> Earn money by clicking banner ads and getting a cut of the ad revenue.
> http://tinyurl.com/f6y5 [you can even get paid via PayPal] Remove your
> ******** to email me!

I've only bought base units, next day delivery, give them a ring, the
company are highly spoken of in uk.adverts.computer and most stuff is
branded, eg the base units were HP and IBM etc. The drawback of visiting
them is there is loads of stuff to tempt you! If you want a cheap new
monitor I would recommend going to a computer fair, saves on delivery cost,
and I have seen 19" CRT's for less that £100. I own an cheap AOC 19" and an
expensive trinitron tube 17", and prefer the AOC.
HTH Paul

Lee D.
July 9th 03, 10:38 PM
Depends what you call 'Cheap' !

www.dabs.com are doing a 17" Belinea for £87.00 (inc)

"big G" > wrote in message
> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?

Code Developer
July 10th 03, 05:28 PM
"big G" > wrote in message
> ANY IDEAS WHERE I CAN GET MY HANDS ON A CHEAP 17" + MONITOR?

Aldi are doing a 19" for £119 as of Thursday, 10th July

No idea what the quality is like as it's a make I've never heard of. The
spec on the box quotes a resolution of up to 1600 x 1200 at 75Hz.

(Spotted in Aldi, Stockport).

Regards,
Shaun.

Google