PDA

View Full Version : Vendors who know their stuff

How about unbeatable.co.uk?

Note the following exchange of emails:

ME

I am interested in purchasing the Fujitsu-Siemens *C1020S-05GB laptop*
Stock [email protected] 113725 but the are absolutely no specification detai;s given
on your site.

I would like to know as much as possible about it but particularly:

Screen size
Hard drive and memory
Graphics card - is it integrated or dedicated? how much memory?
Processor type and speed
What connections does it have? Modem, LAN, TV out, USB, IR etc
Pointing device
Floppy & cd/dvd drive
Operating system
Warranty

THEM

Apologises for not the specification for this model not being displayed
but Fujitsu have not provided this. However this can be downloaded from
their site and we have listed the link for your reference:-
http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/products/notebooks/professional/lifebook/lifebookc/lifebookc.html.

ME

Thanks for the info BUT (maybe I just didn't understand)that seems like
general info for the whole c1020 series - like screens upto 15", choice
of cd/dvd/combo.

Surely you must know what you're selling for the price you're asking???

Please decide which specification you are offering under that stock code
(113725) and let me know.

THEM

We do apologise but do not have the full spec as these come direct from
the supplier and do not hold stock here so unable to advise further.

Maybe we could suggest calling them direct on the below and sorry once
again.

Is it just me?

Steve wrote:
> A wrote:
>
>>How about unbeatable.co.uk?
>
> <snip>
>
>>Is it just me?
>

> I do understand what you are saying but I can also see that when a store
> stocks sooooo many products then it can be hard having info (first hand or
> plageurised) on everything. This goes for any store in my experience.
> I think in this day and age it is a lot more practical for the consumer to
> do a little digging for themselves. For example ten seconds on google found
> me
> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=Fujitsu-Siemens+C1020S-05GB+&btnG=Google+Search
> which also found me
> http://www.laptopsetc.co.uk/acatalog/Fujitsu_Siemens_C1020S_Celeron1_5_20_DVD_CDRW_.htm l
> this may or may not be the same laptop you are looking for, but if it is
> then you have just saved £166 on the price. If it isn't then I am sure that
> you could find what you are after with relative ease.
> Just my tuppenceworth.
> :)

Thanks for the info Steve.

In actual fact - if it is the same product I can save myself £166 + 10%
cos that's the deal unbeatable do. However, as there is a range of
laptops with that name and the company do not actually know which model
they are selling then it will be pretty hard to establish a match.

Google