PDA

View Full Version : Re: Somerset Hotels

Matt Robertson
July 10th 03, 12:35 AM
"-=PrOzAk=-" > wrote in message
> recently won some tix to a festival in Somerset, the tickets include
> camping but I'd prefer to stay in a hotel. Does anybody know of any cheap
> hotels round the area? All we'll be needing is sleep.

Somerset is a big county and very close to others with some quality hotels -
which festival?

karen
July 10th 03, 11:07 PM
Oh im going to this-taking a client from work (adult with learning
difficulties-should be fun) i just live around the corner though! I'd stay
in Wells if I were you- Shepton Mallet is the closest town but it's a real
dive!! Theres loads of B+B's in Wells and hotels. There's a pub just outside
Wells called the Wookey hole Inn, really nice, they do theme rooms! Bit
pricey but check out there web site (do a google search for the wookey hole
inn....i just did it but not great with the puter so cant move the addy for
you!!). Would invite you to stay here but already got the weekend plannned.

Heather Reed
July 11th 03, 02:16 PM
In message >, karen
> writes
>Oh im going to this-taking a client from work (adult with learning
>difficulties-should be fun) i just live around the corner though! I'd stay
>in Wells if I were you- Shepton Mallet is the closest town but it's a real
>dive!! Theres loads of B+B's in Wells and hotels. There's a pub just outside
>Wells called the Wookey hole Inn, really nice, they do theme rooms! Bit
>pricey but check out there web site (do a google search for the wookey hole
>inn....i just did it but not great with the puter so cant move the addy for
>you!!). Would invite you to stay here but already got the weekend plannned.

Bit pricey is right - went there for dinner and came home with no change
from £100 (for 2)! How about Glastonbury - its not all hippies and
crystals, and the Hawthornes Hotel does great food and is very nice -
just as good as the Wookey Hole Inn - its on the Glastonbury.co.uk
website

--
Heather Reed

-=PrOzAk=-
July 11th 03, 03:56 PM
What's the general price range around that area? I'm only 16 and don't have
a job so I need some really good bargains :D

"karen" > wrote in message
> Oh im going to this-taking a client from work (adult with learning
> difficulties-should be fun) i just live around the corner though! I'd stay
> in Wells if I were you- Shepton Mallet is the closest town but it's a real
> dive!! Theres loads of B+B's in Wells and hotels. There's a pub just
outside
> Wells called the Wookey hole Inn, really nice, they do theme rooms! Bit
> pricey but check out there web site (do a google search for the wookey
hole
> inn....i just did it but not great with the puter so cant move the addy
for
> you!!). Would invite you to stay here but already got the weekend
plannned.

Heather Reed
July 11th 03, 07:12 PM
In message >,
-=PrOzAk=- > writes
>What's the general price range around that area? I'm only 16 and don't have
>a job so I need some really good bargains :D

If you are on a budget, the Hawthornes and its ilk are not the ones to
go for. The cheapest i know is the 'Backpackers' in Glastonbury - around
20-25 quid I think, and its pretty basic, but fine for young folk who
don't mind roughing it a bit. There are some places around the same
price in Shepton, but i agree with the previous poster that its not too
'salubrious', and its also hard to get to places from there. There are
also some B&Bs in neighbouring Street at the 25 quid-ish mark. I don't
reckon you could get much cheaper than that in the tourist season. A
better hotel will set you back a minimum of 50UKP per person.

--
Heather Reed

-=PrOzAk=-
July 11th 03, 08:09 PM
Looks like I'm either camping and getting stuff nicked or selling to tickets
on for a bit. They're worth £80 so I might get around 60-70 quid for em'.

"Heather Reed" > wrote in message
> In message >,
> -=PrOzAk=- > writes
> >What's the general price range around that area? I'm only 16 and don't
have
> >a job so I need some really good bargains :D
> >
> If you are on a budget, the Hawthornes and its ilk are not the ones to
> go for. The cheapest i know is the 'Backpackers' in Glastonbury - around
> 20-25 quid I think, and its pretty basic, but fine for young folk who
> don't mind roughing it a bit. There are some places around the same
> price in Shepton, but i agree with the previous poster that its not too
> 'salubrious', and its also hard to get to places from there. There are
> also some B&Bs in neighbouring Street at the 25 quid-ish mark. I don't
> reckon you could get much cheaper than that in the tourist season. A
> better hotel will set you back a minimum of 50UKP per person.
>
> --
> Heather Reed

Google