PDA

View Full Version : O2 online Sims shelf life

tHatDudeUK
July 10th 03, 01:29 AM
Do these things have to be activated within a certain amount of time. IE. If
I activate it in about a year or two from now will it still be ok?

What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
time.

For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link

http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM

James
July 10th 03, 01:32 AM
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message
> Do these things have to be activated within a certain amount of time. IE.
If
> I activate it in about a year or two from now will it still be ok?
>
> What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
> time.
>
> For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM

I can't answer your question but does anyone know if I can downgrade from my
£20/m O2 online contract to one of the above deals? TIA.

tHatDudeUK
July 10th 03, 02:43 AM
"James" > wrote in message

> "tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message
> > Do these things have to be activated within a certain amount of time.
IE.
> If
> > I activate it in about a year or two from now will it still be ok?
> >
> > What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
> > time.
> >
> > For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link
> >
> > http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM
> >
> I can't answer your question but does anyone know if I can downgrade from
my
> £20/m O2 online contract to one of the above deals? TIA.

If your 12 months is up you can request a PAC code (easiest way by e-mailing
O2 from their site) to transfer your current number to one...

tHatDudeUK
July 10th 03, 02:44 AM
"-=PrOzAk=-" > wrote in message
> I had some free, you need to put £10 every month or be TERMINATED!

Even when not activated they die after a month or so???

The Slow Snail
July 10th 03, 07:02 AM
Can't help, sorry but I would doubt they ran out after a month if not
activated. That could be a big loss for them if they do that. I would
imagine they had a set time they had to be activated by, but can't say when.
Wouldnt the easiest thing be to contact them?

--
Slowly going where no snail has gone before.

(emails fake, no point emailing it, ask on list)
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message

> "-=PrOzAk=-" > wrote in message
> > I had some free, you need to put £10 every month or be TERMINATED!
>
> Even when not activated they die after a month or so???

Rufus Stone QC
July 10th 03, 09:57 AM
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:44:05 +0100, "tHatDudeUK"
> wrote:

>Even when not activated they die after a month or so???

No. I had some brand new ones that had been on my shelf for 6 months.
When they were put in a phone and topped up they were perfect.

Rufus.

maria
July 10th 03, 09:59 AM
"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message
> Do these things have to be activated within a certain amount of time. IE.
If
> I activate it in about a year or two from now will it still be ok?
>
> What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
> time.
>
> For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM

i've had mine probably 10 months not activated it put in my phone just can;t
call tells me to top up so its ok

Stuart
July 10th 03, 11:42 AM
"Rufus Stone QC" > wrote in message
.net...
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 01:44:05 +0100, "tHatDudeUK"
> > wrote:
>
> >Even when not activated they die after a month or so???
>
> No. I had some brand new ones that had been on my shelf for 6 months.
> When they were put in a phone and topped up they were perfect.

I activated a (free) one this April that had been sitting on a shelf for
something like 2 years! It was branded Genie and did say it had to be
activated within 3 months :)

Re the other question - not sure. I have let it go over the 30 days by a
week or so and nothing happened. Free texts continued. I shall be gently
'testing' the limits of its terms. Ordinary O2 PAYG SIMS seem to last
forever with no use....

But if one day somebody at O2 decides to increase ARPU by removing all
non-actives, or they run out of new phone numbers to allocate then - WOOMF
and you don't have a leg to stand on.

--
Stuart

Shaun Clark
July 10th 03, 03:02 PM
I have had a Genie sim for about year and a half. I stopped using it and it
was cut off. I won a free samsung a800 with chocollect so I put this sim
back in this new phone. I hadn`t used the sim for about 7 months so I phoned
up O2 and they switched the sim back on. So I think if you leave it a while
you will be able to phone them and get it switched back on using the number
printed on the back of the sim.

Clarky

"tHatDudeUK" > wrote in message
> Do these things have to be activated within a certain amount of time. IE.
If
> I activate it in about a year or two from now will it still be ok?
>
> What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
> time.
>
> For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM

Mike Atkinson {reply address in .sig}
July 10th 03, 03:22 PM
In article >, tHatDudeUK
> ventured...
> For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM

Any idea if I can port my existing number? I'd assume so, but would I
have to do this at the point of ordering, or can I order now, and port
in a few weeks (when my existing Orange PAYG credit has run down
somewhat)?

Thanks,
Mike

--
Dr. Michael Atkinson, GeoQuest Simulation Software Development
Note that email address in the headers is cleared monthly and NOT read.

Sam Albrow
July 10th 03, 04:41 PM
"Pete" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:29:48 +0100, "tHatDudeUK"
> > wrote:
>

> >What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
> >time.
>
> I would say no chance!

A chance - I ordered four and got consecutive. Depends on if they are going
though a new number range or going through numbers which have been
disconnected - they seem to get through numbers very very fast.

Sam

> ----
> Pete
>
> Do not reply by email.
> If you do it won't get read.
> Spamtrap address only!

Sent from \\STN1 on HOMENET1 by user Sam Albrow 'Administrator'.

GH
July 10th 03, 06:19 PM
tHatDudeUK wrote:
> Do these things have to be activated within a certain amount of time.
> IE. If I activate it in about a year or two from now will it still be
> ok?
>
> What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at
> a time.
>
> For those interested O2 online sims 99p each at following link
>
> http://shop.o2.co.uk/o2offers/simonlydetails/consumer:O2:TALKALOT:SIM

But remember if you've ordered some sims before they wont allow you to buy
them again

Mark Pepper
July 11th 03, 12:31 PM
"Sam Albrow" > wrote in message
> "Pete" > wrote in message
> > On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:29:48 +0100, "tHatDudeUK"
> > > wrote:
> >

> > >What's the chance of getting 6 consecutive numbers when ordering 6 at a
> > >time.
> >
> > I would say no chance!
>
> A chance - I ordered four and got consecutive. Depends on if they are
going
> though a new number range or going through numbers which have been
> disconnected - they seem to get through numbers very very fast.
>
> Sam
> >
> > ----
> > Pete
> >
> > Do not reply by email.
> > If you do it won't get read.
> > Spamtrap address only!
>

> ---
> Sent from \\STN1 on HOMENET1 by user Sam Albrow 'Administrator'.

I have ordered two sets of 6 all both the sets were consecutive numbers, so
I would say the answer is yes.
The Pepster

Google