PDA

View Full Version : Aldi's TV Card

Major ChrisB
July 10th 03, 11:33 AM
well, no remote controll but looks like ti does everything else I
wanted....we got the last two in the auchinairn/bishopbriggs store along
with a wireless keyboard and mouse, they keyboards excelent....not too keen
on the mouse so far though..

Brownie
July 10th 03, 06:13 PM
"Major ChrisB" > wrote in message
> well, no remote controll but looks like ti does everything else I
> wanted....we got the last two in the auchinairn/bishopbriggs store along
> with a wireless keyboard and mouse, they keyboards excelent....not too
keen
> on the mouse so far though..

My friend got one as the store sold out. Bought it, went home and found no
driver CD in it.

j.karn
July 10th 03, 11:59 PM
That shouldn't be a problem most hardware drivers are out of date by the
time you buy any pc hardware.
Just download what stuff you need from the manufactures website.

"Brownie" > wrote in message

> "Major ChrisB" > wrote in message
> > well, no remote controll but looks like ti does everything else I
> > wanted....we got the last two in the auchinairn/bishopbriggs store along
> > with a wireless keyboard and mouse, they keyboards excelent....not too
> keen
> > on the mouse so far though..
>
> My friend got one as the store sold out. Bought it, went home and found
no
> driver CD in it.

Kez
July 11th 03, 10:02 AM
j.karn wrote:
> That shouldn't be a problem most hardware drivers are out of date by
> the time you buy any pc hardware.
> Just download what stuff you need from the manufactures website.
>
> "Brownie" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Major ChrisB" > wrote in message
>>> well, no remote controll but looks like ti does everything else I
>>> wanted....we got the last two in the auchinairn/bishopbriggs store
>>> along with a wireless keyboard and mouse, they keyboards
>>> excelent....not too keen on the mouse so far though..
>>
>> My friend got one as the store sold out. Bought it, went home and
>> found no driver CD in it.

what if it's a modem you've just bought?

Jon S Green
July 11th 03, 09:08 PM
"Kez" > wrote:

> j.karn wrote:
> > That shouldn't be a problem most hardware drivers are out of date by
> > the time you buy any pc hardware.
>
> what if it's a modem you've just bought?

Well, if you bought a LoseModem, you deserve all you get! Get a
hardware modem instead (if you can find one). Just about all of them
are supported in standard OS drivers.

No point in buying a nice fast expensive CPU, and then spooging away all
its costly processing power driving dumb hardware (can we say USB?),
'cos the HW costs GBP5 less than the real thing. False economies, an'
all that.

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! Replace 'deadspam' with 'green-lines' to reply in email.
Want a free solution to email spam? Try http://www.deadspam.com/

July 12th 03, 02:44 PM
"Brownie" > wrote in message ...

> "Major ChrisB" > wrote in message
> > well, no remote controll but looks like ti does everything else I
> > wanted....we got the last two in the auchinairn/bishopbriggs store along
> > with a wireless keyboard and mouse, they keyboards excelent....not too
> keen
> > on the mouse so far though..
>
> My friend got one as the store sold out. Bought it, went home and found no
> driver CD in it.

My local had either no stock or sold out, so when on a hunt around
town, very few options available but surprise in the last choice store
the renamed erm "little" to ""www.thecomputerworld.co.uk I found four
TV cards. They ranged from a high end £99.99 to a £19.99 one, I choose the
cheap one a MM200 with W98/ME/2000 drivers only which suited
the PC it was destined for a AMD 500 powered machine.

As I only wanted TV sound the full screen diplay plus teletext was a bonus
with http://www.modulartech.com/support/tvcompat.htm support and info.
The software was Galaxy MutliMedia, though as yet I am uncertain as to
whether 2000 drivers are the same as W98 one's.

Jon S Green
July 12th 03, 09:52 PM
"Kez" > wrote:

> *ahem*
>
> i was being ironic.

Yes, I knew, but there was a more straight-faced answer to the question,
too, and a point to be made that was kinda relevant to people thinking
of buying new systems, or "upgrading" them -- don't spoil the ship for a
ha'p'orth of tar.

Jon
--
SPAM BLOCK IN USE! Replace 'deadspam' with 'green-lines' to reply in email.
Want a free solution to email spam? Try http://www.deadspam.com/
(Declaration of interest: I own/run the domain.)

July 13th 03, 06:08 PM
"Malev" > wrote in message ...

> Drivers here
> http://www.mri.co.uk/tech-support/driver-lists/multimedia-win.htm

Yes but, the drivers are smallish for the W95/W98 under 4meg
compared to the W2000 drivers, 18megs which appear to be OK for XP
according to that link? I wonder if they will work under XP.
PS
also here are the MM100/200/201 drivers plus Galaxy.
http://www.timesupport.com/timesupport/drivers/tvcards/tvcards.html

Any idea as to whether other progs can be used instead of Galaxy,
though it is good under W98 but has the usual converted look from W95.

Google