PDA

View Full Version : Re: RPN Calculators

Mark Briggs
July 10th 03, 08:08 PM
Hi,

I have an HP32SII + manual you can have.

Mark

"Exiddor" > wrote in message
> Anyone know where I can buy an RPN calculator? My old HP bought in 1974
> finally died :-(
>
> --
> Exiddor.

Dave Brook
July 12th 03, 06:35 AM
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:33:46 GMT, Exiddor > wrote:

>Anyone know where I can buy an RPN calculator? My old HP bought in 1974
>finally died :-(
Yeah, still use them for work. HP make a really good one - batteries
last forever - not like my first HP21, tons of functions and much
better memory (store / recall) layout, and excellent LCD screen. From
memory they are about £30-£50. I think you can order them from WH
Smiths, or get a trade office catalogue. You will have to dig less
far than you imagine.
RPN rules (Reverse Polish Notation - bet you are none the wiser)!
Good luck
Dave

hughwp
July 12th 03, 02:44 PM
"Dave Brook" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:33:46 GMT, Exiddor > wrote:

> memory they are about £30-£50. I think you can order them from WH
> Smiths, or get a trade office catalogue. You will have to dig less
> far than you imagine.
> RPN rules (Reverse Polish Notation - bet you are none the wiser)!
> Good luck
> Dave
I thought HP had pulled out of the calculator market a
while back?

Hugh

Chris Game
July 12th 03, 03:29 PM
Mike Redrobe said:

> Like top-posting, but for calculators ...
>
> --
> Mike wrote:
> >
> > and RPN is ?

ROTFL!

Chris Game <[email protected]!yahoo!dotcodotuk>

zero
July 13th 03, 12:05 AM
i am the wiser - it was a long time ago though !

"Dave Brook" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:33:46 GMT, Exiddor > wrote:
>
> >Anyone know where I can buy an RPN calculator? My old HP bought in 1974
> >finally died :-(
> Yeah, still use them for work. HP make a really good one - batteries
> last forever - not like my first HP21, tons of functions and much
> better memory (store / recall) layout, and excellent LCD screen. From
> memory they are about £30-£50. I think you can order them from WH
> Smiths, or get a trade office catalogue. You will have to dig less
> far than you imagine.
> RPN rules (Reverse Polish Notation - bet you are none the wiser)!
> Good luck
> Dave

zero
July 13th 03, 12:05 AM
thanks

"Exiddor" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 22:57:46 +0100, zero wrote:
>

> > and RPN is ?
> >
> > thanks
> >

> Reverse Polish Notation. See http://www.calculator.org/rpn.html
>
> --