PDA

View Full Version : Re: Ebuyer - cheap price bad customer service?

Paul
July 10th 03, 10:41 PM
DeeInLondon wrote in message ...
> I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
> their customer service
> They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,

Ebuyer are notorious for their poor CS, have a read of uk.comp.vendors if you want to
know just how bad they really are.

--
Paul

Want to know who to avoid on Ebay ?
See http://www.belair267.co.uk

DeeInLondon
July 10th 03, 11:02 PM
"Paul" > wrote in message
> DeeInLondon wrote in message
> > I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
> > their customer service
> > They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
>
> Ebuyer are notorious for their poor CS, have a read of uk.comp.vendors if
you want to
> know just how bad they really are.
>
> --
> Paul
>
> Want to know who to avoid on Ebay ?
> See http://www.belair267.co.uk

Thanks - I'll try speaking to a Human Being if possible tomorrow - but I
rung once and lines closed, rung twice and it told me to go to the web!!

Once more and that's it!!

They obviously don't test their own products before selling them to make
sure they do what is claimed!!

And don't read emails either!!

It's a shame cos their eNotes system is a good idea in theory - shame it's
been so badly implemented - it assumes only one thing will go wrong with an
order at a time - how dumb is that?

Mark Gillespie
July 10th 03, 11:37 PM
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:09:22 +0100, DeeInLondon
> wrote:

> I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
> their customer service

worst going. avoid them at all costs

James
July 11th 03, 12:22 AM
"MC_Emily" > wrote in message
> I must be one of the very few people who *love* eBuyer!!! In the last 6
> months I've placed stacks of orders with them. They've all been delivered
> on time and in all I've only had 1 mistake. It was a picking mistake -
they
> sent the wrong item. I phoned them up and they were really friendly, told
> me to keep the product sent by mistake (it was only worth about £4 and
would
> cost more to return) and they sent a replacement on next day delivery! I
> really can't fault them. I know some people have had a horrendous deal
with
> them but I have to say I think they're BRILL!!!
>
> Jaqy
>

> DeeInLondon wrote:
> > I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing
> > of their customer service
> >
> > They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
> >
> > a Digital camera which tey never delivered
> > a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
> > and a USB cable.
> >
> > I'm just wondering if they have above or below average screw up
> > rates?
> >
> > Dabs have screwed up on me plenty of times, but they have actual
> > people that answer emails and you can sned them more then one email
> > at a time unlike ebuyer.
> >
> > I've ask to return something (the Card reader and the USB cable) and
> > get a refund in full along with all my postage charges. And they've
> > sent me back an automated reply which makes not sense!!
> >
> > Will try their phonelines agin tomorrow which were closed today at
> > 5:45pm when their website says 6pm.
> >
> > They seem to have good prices though ..

Mmmmm...I bet Ebuyer would top post as well.

Homer
July 11th 03, 01:23 AM
I top post too and have also never had any problems with Ebuyer, spooky.

"James" > wrote in message
> Mmmmm...I bet Ebuyer would top post as well.

yup
July 11th 03, 01:23 AM
yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat

top posters blah blah

****ing grow up

"James" > wrote in message
> "MC_Emily" > wrote in message
> > I must be one of the very few people who *love* eBuyer!!! In the last 6
> > months I've placed stacks of orders with them. They've all been
delivered
> > on time and in all I've only had 1 mistake. It was a picking mistake -
> they
> > sent the wrong item. I phoned them up and they were really friendly,
told
> > me to keep the product sent by mistake (it was only worth about £4 and
> would
> > cost more to return) and they sent a replacement on next day delivery!
> > really can't fault them. I know some people have had a horrendous deal
> with
> > them but I have to say I think they're BRILL!!!
> >
> > Jaqy
> >

> > DeeInLondon wrote:
> > > I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing
> > > of their customer service
> > >
> > > They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
> > >
> > > a Digital camera which tey never delivered
> > > a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
> > > and a USB cable.
> > >
> > > I'm just wondering if they have above or below average screw up
> > > rates?
> > >
> > > Dabs have screwed up on me plenty of times, but they have actual
> > > people that answer emails and you can sned them more then one email
> > > at a time unlike ebuyer.
> > >
> > > I've ask to return something (the Card reader and the USB cable) and
> > > get a refund in full along with all my postage charges. And they've
> > > sent me back an automated reply which makes not sense!!
> > >
> > > Will try their phonelines agin tomorrow which were closed today at
> > > 5:45pm when their website says 6pm.
> > >
> > > They seem to have good prices though ..
>
> Mmmmm...I bet Ebuyer would top post as well.

Clanger
July 11th 03, 07:58 AM
On 11-Jul-2003, "yup" > wrote:
<snip>
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
> top posters blah blah
> ****ing grow up

You mean like you ???

oo^^artnada^^oo
July 11th 03, 08:08 AM
DeeInLondon wrote:
| I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing
| of their customer service
|
| They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
|
| a Digital camera which tey never delivered
| a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
| and a USB cable.
|
| I'm just wondering if they have above or below average screw up
| rates?
|
| Dabs have screwed up on me plenty of times, but they have actual
| people that answer emails and you can sned them more then one email
| at a time unlike ebuyer.
|
| I've ask to return something (the Card reader and the USB cable) and
| get a refund in full along with all my postage charges. And they've
| sent me back an automated reply which makes not sense!!
|
| Will try their phonelines agin tomorrow which were closed today at
| 5:45pm when their website says 6pm.
|
| They seem to have good prices though ..

"They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items"

Doesn't that tell you something???

As you said, "Ebuyer - cheap prices -bad CS"

James smyth
July 11th 03, 10:34 AM
"DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
> I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
> their customer service
>
> They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
>
> a Digital camera which tey never delivered
> a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
> and a USB cable.

Use the website to request a RMA and send the card reader back for a full refund,
as for the digital camera, are we talking about 28 days+ plus here you've been
waiting or just a few days?

Try to keep everything simple, never ask for an exchange always pick Refund in the
pull down menu on the website.

Dan delaMare-Lyon
July 11th 03, 12:53 PM
In article >, MC_Emily wrote:
> I must be one of the very few people who *love* eBuyer!!! In the last 6
> months I've placed stacks of orders with them. They've all been delivered
> on time and in all I've only had 1 mistake. It was a picking mistake - they
> sent the wrong item. I phoned them up and they were really friendly, told
> me to keep the product sent by mistake (it was only worth about £4 and would
> cost more to return) and they sent a replacement on next day delivery! I
> really can't fault them. I know some people have had a horrendous deal with
> them but I have to say I think they're BRILL!!!

I'm with you on this - nothing but excellent service.
It's people who order and expect it all to arrive at once or next day
when they choose next day but order after the ebuyer cut off etc. and
those that don't understand what they are ordering that seem to have the
major complaints about them.

I've spent ~5k there now and had only one problem. That was a failled
hard disk. Opened an e-note - reply with RMA number within 6 hours.
Sent it back - 3 days later an e-note and an e-mail to say it was DOA
and they were sending a new one to me. It arrived the next morning.
What more could you want?? Especially since the HDD was 6 months old!!

Cheers
Dan.

Jason Arthurs
July 11th 03, 07:28 PM
On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 21:09:22 +0100, "DeeInLondon"
> wrote:

>I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
>their customer service

I've bought a few items off of them and they've been OK. Just be aware
when things go wrong you'll have to get in touch using their stupid
e-notes system and don't expect a quick turnaround. I wouldn't even
waste my money calling their phone line as they don't have a
reputation for being able to deal with anything over the phone.

I had a BookPC recently, didn't work properly so asked for a returns
number, two weeks later they issued a number and arranged for
collection. Another three weeks after that they sent me a new (and
working) BookPC.

>They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
>
>a Digital camera which tey never delivered
>a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
>and a USB cable.
>
>I'm just wondering if they have above or below average screw up rates?

In short you get reasonably cheap and cheerful kit and occasional good
bargains but if something goes wrong don't expect a hurried response
because it could take upwards of a month to get a replacement item.

As much as I am often tempted by their bargains, I usually see if I
can get it elsewhere for a similar price before I buy. If it really is
a bargain then I place an order and patiently wait with crossed
fingers hoping it turns up intact!

Regards,
Jason.

DeeInLondon
July 12th 03, 01:15 AM
"James smyth" > wrote in message

> "DeeInLondon" > wrote in message
> > I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
> > their customer service
> >
> > They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
> >
> > a Digital camera which tey never delivered
> > a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
> > and a USB cable.
>
> Use the website to request a RMA and send the card reader back for a full
refund,
> as for the digital camera, are we talking about 28 days+ plus here you've
been
> waiting or just a few days?
>
> Try to keep everything simple, never ask for an exchange always pick
Refund in the
> pull down menu on the website.

The camera was down as a previously USED item.

The was the main thing I was ordering and as I was I saw an internal card
reader that claim to read severl types of memory including Micro Drives

And as a final thing I ordered a 53p USB cable - just for possible future
use.

The camera - can't be found - and the Internal card Reader doesn't actuall
read Micro Drives

And even if it did I wouldn't want it for £10 + £5 delivery - it's not worth
paying that much just to deliver that and the 53p cable.

Basically I wanted all or nothing in the order - but I didn't get that
choice - they couldn't find the camera on the first day so they posted off
the other two items and then sent me an enote at 8 pm well after it went.

Now it turns out the Card reader - doesn't work with Micro Drives because
other users have posted the same thing on their website.

So only Item I have that probably works is a 53p cable that's costed £5 to
deliver??

I've written enotes where appropriate but by the time they read them one
item has left their warehouse, etc..

MC_Emily
July 12th 03, 10:27 AM
"DeeInLondon" > wrote

> I've written enotes where appropriate but by the time they read them one
> item has left their warehouse, etc..

Have you tried ringing them? Contrary to what some people say / have
experienced, they do answer the phone and are extremely polite and helpful.

Jaqy

Hywel Jenkins
July 12th 03, 10:31 AM
In article >,
says...
> I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing of
> their customer service
>
> They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
>
> a Digital camera which tey never delivered
> a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
> and a USB cable.
>
> I'm just wondering if they have above or below average screw up rates?
>
> Dabs have screwed up on me plenty of times, but they have actual people that
> answer emails and you can sned them more then one email at a time unlike
> ebuyer.
>
> I've ask to return something (the Card reader and the USB cable) and get a
> refund in full along with all my postage charges. And they've sent me back
> an automated reply which makes not sense!!
>
> Will try their phonelines agin tomorrow which were closed today at 5:45pm
> when their website says 6pm.

EBuyer is a fantastic company. I received a dead mobo from them and the
refunded everything within a few days.

Did you send them an email or an eNote? If you log in to your account
and leave an eNote you'll get a proper response.

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

Hywel Jenkins
July 12th 03, 10:32 AM
In article >,
says...
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
> yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat yak yak blah
> blah bleat bleat yak yak blah blah bleat bleat
>
> top posters blah blah
>
> ****ing grow up

Excellent demonstration of maturity.

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

Kez
July 12th 03, 09:20 PM
DeeInLondon wrote:
> I've recently come across Ebuyer and just wondering what people thing
> of their customer service
>
> They've totally screwed up my first ever order form them of 3 items,
>
> a Digital camera which tey never delivered
> a multi card reader with said it read MicroDrives but doesn't
> and a USB cable.
>
> I'm just wondering if they have above or below average screw up
> rates?
>
> Dabs have screwed up on me plenty of times, but they have actual
> people that answer emails and you can sned them more then one email
> at a time unlike ebuyer.
>
> I've ask to return something (the Card reader and the USB cable) and
> get a refund in full along with all my postage charges. And they've
> sent me back an automated reply which makes not sense!!
>
> Will try their phonelines agin tomorrow which were closed today at
> 5:45pm when their website says 6pm.
>
> They seem to have good prices though ..

my new USB cable's been delivered today - well within the quoted 5 days :-)

shame i ordered a firewire cable :-(

oh well.

EBuyerdotcon
July 17th 03, 10:41 PM
George > wrote in message >...
> This week I received a monitor from Ebuyer and have pasted below part
> of my E-note response to them:
>

> You sent me this order received today 15/07/03 (see below) to replace
> the lost one. I was not home when the parcel was delivered however at
> first sight the package looked rather old and dusty and appeared to
> have been previously opened. On opening it was obvious that this was
> indeed the case. The monitor was itself dusty (no plastic) and some of
> the other items were loose and half the stand had been left fitted to
> the unit.
> Another clue was in the three City Link labels on the parcel with mine
> stuck on top.
> You have obviously sent me a faulty unit which had previously been
> returned to you.Nevertheless I tested the monitor and it was of course
> and as expected dead.
> This has caused me a lot on inconvenience and my wife has now waited
> in for three days!
> +++++++++++++..................

You guys should really check out my website!

EBuyerdotcon "Made the wrong choice, didn't you?"
http://www.ebuyerdotcon.co.uk

Dan delaMare-Lyon
July 18th 03, 03:46 PM
In article >, EBuyerdotcon wrote:
>> This has caused me a lot on inconvenience and my wife has now waited
>> in for three days!
>> +++++++++++++..................
>>

> You guys should really check out my website!

Why? It's crap.
You have had a bad experience and you are letting that cloud your
judgement in general. Why haven't you produced a site for each and
every company on here that's been given a bad write up?

Cheers
Dan.

EBuyerdotcon
July 20th 03, 06:30 PM
Dan delaMare-Lyon > wrote in message news:<jTSRa.1029

> Why? It's crap.
> You have had a bad experience and you are letting that cloud your
> judgement in general. Why haven't you produced a site for each and
> every company on here that's been given a bad write up?
>
> Cheers
> Dan.

Hmmm, obviously didn't look very hard at my website then dan. I
suggest looking at the complaint archive rather than scratching the
surface.

Do you run a retail outlet yourself by any chance dan?

Cheers!

Dan delaMare-Lyon
July 21st 03, 11:16 AM
In article >, EBuyerdotcon wrote:

> Hmmm, obviously didn't look very hard at my website then dan. I
> suggest looking at the complaint archive rather than scratching the
> surface.

I looked very closely at the website and was amazed that to date you
haven't been approached by lawyers representing EBuyer. I've looked
at the complaint archive - and from what I read - much of it is the
same "type" of person with niggles - ie those that don't fully
research what they are purchasing - and those - who - when things go
wrong start threatening and getting all uppity with the staff - then -
have the discourtesy to try and go round perfectly good systems and
yell on the phone - and when they get nowehere resort to petty acts
such as your website.

I've been shopping with Ebuyer since they started, having been a
former very satisfied customer of their previous incarnation (Choice
Peripherals) and a customer of the entity it went on to be (Insight
UK)

> Do you run a retail outlet yourself by any chance dan?

Not that it's any of your business really but, I am a director of a
services based IT company that does very nicely thank you very much,
and uses lots of different suppliers.

My day job is that of Technical Manager of Product Development and
support for one of the UK's largest software publishers.

Oh - and I am deeply involved in my mothers business which - althought
not technology based - is 100% mail order/internet - so am used to
being this side of the system.

I have had cause to return an item to Ebuyer.
I had a faulty hard disk - 6 months old.
Raised an e-note - got a reply within 24 hours - and dispatched it by
recorded delivery back to them.
They confirmed receipt 48 hours later, within the hour it was
confirmed dying, and a replacement was delivered the very next
morning.

I have many work colleagues here who shop at ebuyer (in fact there's
barley a day goes past without an order arriving from them) and none
of them have any complaint about them.

On the one occasion where something did go wrong before I received the
goods, a nice pleasant 5 minute chat with the customer support line
resolved the problem, and the missing part arrived next day (Saturday
I might add) at 8am.

So - if you feel you have a legitimate course of complaint, follow it
up using the correct channels, and involve Trading Standards/Watchdog
- otherwise, please stop polluting this newsgroup (and others) with
you tiring drivel.

Cheers
Dan.

MC_Emily
July 21st 03, 03:00 PM
"Dan delaMare-Lyon" > wrote
> I looked very closely at the website and was amazed that to date you
> haven't been approached by lawyers representing EBuyer. I've looked
> at the complaint archive - and from what I read - much of it is the
> same "type" of person with niggles - ie those that don't fully
> research what they are purchasing - and those - who - when things go
> wrong start threatening and getting all uppity with the staff - then -
> have the discourtesy to try and go round perfectly good systems and
> yell on the phone - and when they get nowehere resort to petty acts
> such as your website.
>
> I've been shopping with Ebuyer since they started, having been a
> former very satisfied customer of their previous incarnation (Choice
> Peripherals) and a customer of the entity it went on to be (Insight
> UK)
>
> > Do you run a retail outlet yourself by any chance dan?
>
> Not that it's any of your business really but, I am a director of a
> services based IT company that does very nicely thank you very much,
> and uses lots of different suppliers.
>
> My day job is that of Technical Manager of Product Development and
> support for one of the UK's largest software publishers.
>
> Oh - and I am deeply involved in my mothers business which - althought
> not technology based - is 100% mail order/internet - so am used to
> being this side of the system.
>
> I have had cause to return an item to Ebuyer.
> I had a faulty hard disk - 6 months old.
> Raised an e-note - got a reply within 24 hours - and dispatched it by
> recorded delivery back to them.
> They confirmed receipt 48 hours later, within the hour it was
> confirmed dying, and a replacement was delivered the very next
> morning.
>
> I have many work colleagues here who shop at ebuyer (in fact there's
> barley a day goes past without an order arriving from them) and none
> of them have any complaint about them.
>
> On the one occasion where something did go wrong before I received the
> goods, a nice pleasant 5 minute chat with the customer support line
> resolved the problem, and the missing part arrived next day (Saturday
> I might add) at 8am.
>
> So - if you feel you have a legitimate course of complaint, follow it
> up using the correct channels, and involve Trading Standards/Watchdog
> - otherwise, please stop polluting this newsgroup (and others) with
> you tiring drivel.

Perfectly put!! And I absolutely agree with you. eBuyer are EXCELLENT!!!!
:o)))

Jaqy

Mark Kelly
July 21st 03, 04:19 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 14:00:38 +0100, "MC_Emily" >
wrote:

>> So - if you feel you have a legitimate course of complaint, follow it
>> up using the correct channels, and involve Trading Standards/Watchdog
>> - otherwise, please stop polluting this newsgroup (and others) with
>> you tiring drivel.
>
>Perfectly put!! And I absolutely agree with you. eBuyer are EXCELLENT!!!!
>:o)))

just have to say (don't know in his case) but I think other ppl have
already done that. and in general ebuyer does suck. They won't reply
to email or answer the phone nor letter to even change the address on
my father account so I can open an account so I can buy something if I
want to!. you can check in uk.comp.vendor (I think that is the group)
or even uk.telecom. the general opinion is Scan and ebuyer customer
service is crap and in mobile singlepoint is crap. of course as was
said on tv once about rouge builders, even bad companies will have
some good customers.
reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.

Paul
July 21st 03, 04:32 PM
"_T*R*A*P*S*I*H*T*E*V*O*M*E*R*_ okram wrote in message
> just have to say (don't know in his case) but I think other ppl have
> already done that. and in general ebuyer does suck. They won't reply
> to email or answer the phone nor letter to even change the address on
> my father account so I can open an account so I can buy something if I
> want to!. you can check in uk.comp.vendor (I think that is the group)
> or even uk.telecom. the general opinion is Scan and ebuyer customer
> service is crap and in mobile singlepoint is crap. of course as was
> said on tv once about rouge builders, even bad companies will have
> some good customers.

Blimey Mark, couldn't you make your new spam trap any more obvious :o)

--
Paul

Various items for sale,
See http://www.belair267.co.uk
Also - New, unused Virgin Mobile sims
with £5 call credit - £8.50 each delivered.

Polo Player
July 21st 03, 05:26 PM
<snip>
> said on tv once about rouge builders, even bad companies will have
> some good customers.

'Rouge builders?' are they the ones wearing make-up, easy to spot!

PP

Mark Kelly
July 21st 03, 07:13 PM
On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 15:32:22 +0100, "Paul" >
wrote:

>"_T*R*A*P*S*I*H*T*E*V*O*M*E*R*_ okram wrote in message
>> just have to say (don't know in his case) but I think other ppl have
>> already done that. and in general ebuyer does suck. They won't reply
>> to email or answer the phone nor letter to even change the address on
>> my father account so I can open an account so I can buy something if I
>> want to!. you can check in uk.comp.vendor (I think that is the group)
>> or even uk.telecom. the general opinion is Scan and ebuyer customer
>> service is crap and in mobile singlepoint is crap. of course as was
>> said on tv once about rouge builders, even bad companies will have
>> some good customers.
>
>Blimey Mark, couldn't you make your new spam trap any more obvious :o)

awww but if you notice there are other parts to it as well :-).

reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.

LRP
July 23rd 03, 09:48 AM
just had an order for dvd cases delivered on time and easily the cheapest
from ebuyer...v impressed
wrote:

> > Hmmm, obviously didn't look very hard at my website then dan. I
> > suggest looking at the complaint archive rather than scratching the
> > surface.
>
> I looked very closely at the website and was amazed that to date you
> haven't been approached by lawyers representing EBuyer. I've looked
> at the complaint archive - and from what I read - much of it is the
> same "type" of person with niggles - ie those that don't fully
> research what they are purchasing - and those - who - when things go
> wrong start threatening and getting all uppity with the staff - then -
> have the discourtesy to try and go round perfectly good systems and
> yell on the phone - and when they get nowehere resort to petty acts
> such as your website.
>
> I've been shopping with Ebuyer since they started, having been a
> former very satisfied customer of their previous incarnation (Choice
> Peripherals) and a customer of the entity it went on to be (Insight
> UK)
>
> > Do you run a retail outlet yourself by any chance dan?
>
> Not that it's any of your business really but, I am a director of a
> services based IT company that does very nicely thank you very much,
> and uses lots of different suppliers.
>
> My day job is that of Technical Manager of Product Development and
> support for one of the UK's largest software publishers.
>
> Oh - and I am deeply involved in my mothers business which - althought
> not technology based - is 100% mail order/internet - so am used to
> being this side of the system.
>
> I have had cause to return an item to Ebuyer.
> I had a faulty hard disk - 6 months old.
> Raised an e-note - got a reply within 24 hours - and dispatched it by
> recorded delivery back to them.
> They confirmed receipt 48 hours later, within the hour it was
> confirmed dying, and a replacement was delivered the very next
> morning.
>
> I have many work colleagues here who shop at ebuyer (in fact there's
> barley a day goes past without an order arriving from them) and none
> of them have any complaint about them.
>
> On the one occasion where something did go wrong before I received the
> goods, a nice pleasant 5 minute chat with the customer support line
> resolved the problem, and the missing part arrived next day (Saturday
> I might add) at 8am.
>
> So - if you feel you have a legitimate course of complaint, follow it
> up using the correct channels, and involve Trading Standards/Watchdog
> - otherwise, please stop polluting this newsgroup (and others) with
> you tiring drivel.
>
> Cheers
> Dan.

MC_Emily
July 23rd 03, 10:51 AM
LRP wrote:
> just had an order for dvd cases delivered on time and easily the
> cheapest from ebuyer...v impressed

And I'm in the middle of returning an item that arrived DOA. Spoke to a
great chap in the technical dept who arranged an RMA within half an hour. I
seriously can't fault them. EBUYER ARE BRILL and will continue to have my
business.

Jaqy

Google