PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Laptop

Daniel
July 11th 03, 09:15 AM
I am looking for a lightweight laptop.

Most of the best deals are for machines around the 3kg mark, but I need
something lighter. Max budget is £1000.

Any recommendations on models and places to buy would be very gratefully
received.

Daniel

Oliver Pfeiffer
July 11th 03, 12:57 PM
"Daniel" > wrote in :

> I am looking for a lightweight laptop.
>
> Most of the best deals are for machines around the 3kg mark, but I need
> something lighter. Max budget is £1000.

Dell Latitude D600

--
cu
o.pfeiffer

ICQ# 84320006
eMail
TECHNOLOGIE - ZENTRUM INFORMATIK / UNIVERSITAET BREMEN / GERMANY

Richard Croll
July 11th 03, 11:12 PM
>IBM do a X series that are specifically designed as small and light,
>and the floppy and CD / dvd are external, I don't really think there
>as good as the equivalent desktop but then as I said they are
>desiogned as small and light (from 1.6Kg says the IBM website)

I use an IBM X20 at work as a supplement to my desktop and I love its
small size and weight. It is only an 850Mhz running W2K with a 20gig
HD and a 12.1" screen (at 800x600) but I find the performance very
acceptable for everyday mail and documents.
Richard

Google