PDA

View Full Version : O/T: Asda

July 11th 03, 04:24 PM
Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
McDonalds.

Anyone know if this is true?

sPoNiX

ripper
July 11th 03, 04:31 PM
Hope not!

">>sPoNiX<<" > wrote in message
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

-=PrOzAk=-
July 11th 03, 04:44 PM
Not heard that rumour but it's most probably true. This is because ASDA is
now ASDA/WALMART and the Walmart's in america have Mac Donalds inside them.
So maybe not all cafes but certainly some I can see happening.

">>sPoNiX<<" > wrote in message
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

StevePetMonkey
July 11th 03, 05:32 PM
">>sPoNiX<<" > wrote in message
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

Thats cool, have a big mac then go and get your slimfast next door!!!

Andy
July 11th 03, 06:20 PM
> Thats cool, have a big mac then go and get your slimfast next door!!!
>=20

And the Slimfast will be ten times nicer.......=20

Shrek
July 11th 03, 06:24 PM
">>sPoNiX<<" > wrote in message
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

Pudsey Asda has a McDonalds and their own instore cafe.

Ian

Mazza
July 12th 03, 12:53 AM
In article >, >>sPoNiX<<,
) says...
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

Asda at Pudsey (Owlcotes) has a McDonalds upstairs
and their own instore cafe downstairs.

Mad Mazza

www.mag-answers.co.uk

yup
July 12th 03, 12:56 AM
Asda Cafe's are the worse in the world, read below my complaint I emailed to
them two weeks ago.......

Hello
Today I visited your Asda store in Great Bridge, West Midlands.
I purchased a new DVD player, fantastic price and a great little machine.
While in the store, my colleagues and I decided to stay for lunch. I ordered
a large coke, sausage, egg & chips and a bread roll.
We all sat down at the table to eat. The first bite into the fried egg left
me with a very long, black disgusting hair in my mouth! Feeling completly
sick, I took the hair along with my receipt back to the till and asked for a
refund. The lady apologised, asked me to sit down and she would bring the
money to me. A whole ten minutes later she returned with only some of the
money. It would seem the mangager expected me to stay at the cafe and drink
my coke and eat the dry bread roll as they had not been contaminated by the
hair ! and only refunded me the cost of the plated meal. At this point I got
up and left the store, I was completly disgusted and embarresed at the way I
had been treat.

AND THE REPLY THEY SENT ME!

Thank you for your message.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us following your recent visit to
our store.

I was sorry to learn about the problem you experienced and I hope you will
accept our apologies for our poor level of service on this occasion.

We have passed on all the details of your complaint to the manager at the
store concerned to make sure that they monitor standards and service more
carefully in future. I have re-briefed the restaurant colleagues on the
correct procedures to follow.

Once again, thank you for contacting us, and I hope we may look forward to
welcoming you at our store again soon.

ASSHOLES!

">>sPoNiX<<" > wrote in message
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

Hywel Jenkins
July 12th 03, 10:29 AM
In article >,
says...
> Asda Cafe's are the worse in the world, read below my complaint I emailed to
> them two weeks ago.......

<snip>

Is that the actual message you sent? If so, you may find that running a
spell checker through your message before sending will get you treated
with a bit more seriousness.

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/

James & Sophie
July 12th 03, 12:30 PM
3 stores were don one a trial basis - on behalf of my company (a major
supplier to Asda Restaurant) I had to undertake some analysis of the trial.

3 stores - Pudsea, Bradford and High Wycombe.

Pudsea retained its normal Cafe, while the other lost their cafes in place
of McDonalds.

">>sPoNiX<<" > wrote in message
> Heard a rumour that Asda cafes are to be replaced with in-store
> McDonalds.
>
> Anyone know if this is true?
>
> sPoNiX

AL_M
July 12th 03, 12:49 PM
"yup" > wrote in message
> Asda Cafe's are the worse in the world, read below my complaint I emailed
> them two weeks ago.......
>
> Hello
> Today I visited your Asda store in Great Bridge, West Midlands.
> I purchased a new DVD player, fantastic price and a great little machine.
> While in the store, my colleagues and I decided to stay for lunch. I
ordered
> a large coke, sausage, egg & chips and a bread roll.
> We all sat down at the table to eat. The first bite into the fried egg
left
> me with a very long, black disgusting hair in my mouth! Feeling completly
> sick, I took the hair along with my receipt back to the till and asked for
> refund. The lady apologised, asked me to sit down and she would bring the
> money to me. A whole ten minutes later she returned with only some of the
> money. It would seem the mangager expected me to stay at the cafe and
drink
> my coke and eat the dry bread roll as they had not been contaminated by
the
> hair ! and only refunded me the cost of the plated meal. At this point I
got
> up and left the store, I was completly disgusted and embarresed at the way
> had been treat.
>
> AND THE REPLY THEY SENT ME!

all that for one hair ?
felt physically sick !!
come on who are you trying to kid
no wonder genuine complaints get treated so lightly by customer services
when thy have to listen to people trying to milk the most trivial matters to
the limit
all in the hope they might get a voucher for a free pint of milk

Gavin Gillespie
July 12th 03, 03:13 PM
"AL_M" > wrote in message

> all that for one hair ?
> felt physically sick !!
> come on who are you trying to kid
> no wonder genuine complaints get treated so lightly by customer services
> when thy have to listen to people trying to milk the most trivial matters
> the limit
> all in the hope they might get a voucher for a free pint of milk

Obviously you have not been on a food hygiene course, or you would know that
hair follicles can carry Staphylococcus aureus

yup
July 12th 03, 06:39 PM
that's it, insult me because you can't match me intellectually !!!

if you bothered to read the message with your tiny brain, you would see that
I started off with very positive comments about the store and never actually
asked for any compensation

****wit

"AL_M" > wrote in message

> "yup" > wrote in message
> > Asda Cafe's are the worse in the world, read below my complaint I
emailed
> > them two weeks ago.......
> >
> > Hello
> > Today I visited your Asda store in Great Bridge, West Midlands.
> > I purchased a new DVD player, fantastic price and a great little
machine.
> > While in the store, my colleagues and I decided to stay for lunch. I
> ordered
> > a large coke, sausage, egg & chips and a bread roll.
> > We all sat down at the table to eat. The first bite into the fried egg
> left
> > me with a very long, black disgusting hair in my mouth! Feeling
completly
> > sick, I took the hair along with my receipt back to the till and asked
for
> > refund. The lady apologised, asked me to sit down and she would bring
the
> > money to me. A whole ten minutes later she returned with only some of
the
> > money. It would seem the mangager expected me to stay at the cafe and
> drink
> > my coke and eat the dry bread roll as they had not been contaminated by
> the
> > hair ! and only refunded me the cost of the plated meal. At this point I
> got
> > up and left the store, I was completly disgusted and embarresed at the
way
> > had been treat.
> >
> > AND THE REPLY THEY SENT ME!
> >

> all that for one hair ?
> felt physically sick !!
> come on who are you trying to kid
> no wonder genuine complaints get treated so lightly by customer services
> when thy have to listen to people trying to milk the most trivial matters
> the limit
> all in the hope they might get a voucher for a free pint of milk

yup
July 12th 03, 06:40 PM
run a spell checker through your dumb ass name Hywel.
and when you get five minutes, so something with that pathetic excuse for a
web site before advertising it here, total pile of shyte !

****wit

"Hywel Jenkins" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > Asda Cafe's are the worse in the world, read below my complaint I
emailed to
> > them two weeks ago.......
>
> <snip>
>
> Is that the actual message you sent? If so, you may find that running a
> spell checker through your message before sending will get you treated
> with a bit more seriousness.
>
> --
> Hywel Never knowingly understood
> http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
> http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

Hywel Jenkins
July 13th 03, 01:06 PM
In article >,
says...
> "AL_M" > wrote in message
> >
> > "yup" > wrote in message
> > > Asda Cafe's are the worse in the world, read below my complaint I
> emailed
> > > them two weeks ago.......
> > >
> > > Hello
> > > Today I visited your Asda store in Great Bridge, West Midlands.
> > > I purchased a new DVD player, fantastic price and a great little
> machine.
> > > While in the store, my colleagues and I decided to stay for lunch. I
> > ordered
> > > a large coke, sausage, egg & chips and a bread roll.
> > > We all sat down at the table to eat. The first bite into the fried egg
> > left
> > > me with a very long, black disgusting hair in my mouth! Feeling
> completly
> > > sick, I took the hair along with my receipt back to the till and asked
> for
> > > refund. The lady apologised, asked me to sit down and she would bring
> the
> > > money to me. A whole ten minutes later she returned with only some of
> the
> > > money. It would seem the mangager expected me to stay at the cafe and
> > drink
> > > my coke and eat the dry bread roll as they had not been contaminated by
> > the
> > > hair ! and only refunded me the cost of the plated meal. At this point I
> > got
> > > up and left the store, I was completly disgusted and embarresed at the
> way
> > > had been treat.

> that's it, insult me because you can't match me intellectually !!!

I agree. I don't think AL_M could possibly match you intellectually,
even if s/he had a lobotomy.

Pots & kettles, yup. Isn't there a rock somewhere you should be heading
back under?

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

Hywel Jenkins
July 13th 03, 04:58 PM
In article >,
says...
> it's ****WIT not ****WITH, ****wit

You really are upset aren't you? As neither are in my spell checker
it's understandable that the word got through. You, on the other hand,
spelt "manager" incorrectly in a letter of complaint. This will help
you:
http://tinyurl.com/gsn2

--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/mfaq.php

AL_M
July 13th 03, 08:16 PM
"yup" > wrote in message
> I was merely passing on my experience of eating at this store, after all,
> isn't this why we read this group, to get consumer opinions and deals ?

no its a group for discounts and bargains
maybe the name should be changed to alt.whining.*******s mind you cos thats
what it's turning into these days unfortunatley

> As for the merit of my indignation, goto asda great bridge, see the filthy
> bitch working in the kitchen and tell me if you would be happy tucking
into
> one of her dirty 8 inch hairs! I'm sure you'd love it.

hmmm you really have a few problems with anger don't you
is that your sole purpose in life to vilify others
is your own life really that pathetic that you have nothing better to do
if so might i suggest a nice warm bath
oodles of strong alcohol to thin the blood
and some razor blades
do the world a favour will you !

> "AL_M" > wrote in message
> >
> > "yup" > wrote in message
> > > that's it, insult me because you can't match me intellectually !!!
> > >
> > > if you bothered to read the message with your tiny brain, you would
see
> > that
> > > I started off with very positive comments about the store and never
> > actually
> > > asked for any compensation
> > >
> > > ****wit
> > >
> > erm
> > I think your a tad delusional
> > I questioned
> > there was no personal insult IMO
> > as for matching you intellectually
> > I seen nothing intellectual in your post therefore even if I had the
> desire
> > attempt to match you there was nothing to match
> >
> > > ****wit
> >
> > ok your right you win

yup
July 13th 03, 11:58 PM
oh dear AL, you gave too much away, now your gonna suffer !!
cryptic I know but you'll see

"AL_M" > wrote in message

> "yup" > wrote in message
> > I was merely passing on my experience of eating at this store, after
all,
> > isn't this why we read this group, to get consumer opinions and deals ?
> >
> no its a group for discounts and bargains
> maybe the name should be changed to alt.whining.*******s mind you cos
thats
> what it's turning into these days unfortunatley
>
> > As for the merit of my indignation, goto asda great bridge, see the
filthy
> > bitch working in the kitchen and tell me if you would be happy tucking
> into
> > one of her dirty 8 inch hairs! I'm sure you'd love it.
> >
> hmmm you really have a few problems with anger don't you
> is that your sole purpose in life to vilify others
> is your own life really that pathetic that you have nothing better to do
> if so might i suggest a nice warm bath
> oodles of strong alcohol to thin the blood
> and some razor blades
> do the world a favour will you !

> see
> > > that
> > > actually

> > > erm
> > > I think your a tad delusional
> > > I questioned
> > > there was no personal insult IMO
> > > as for matching you intellectually
> > > I seen nothing intellectual in your post therefore even if I had the
> > desire
> > > attempt to match you there was nothing to match

> > > ok your right you win

Google