PDA

View Full Version : Re: CHEAP INTERNATIONAL CALLS

The ale
July 13th 03, 12:17 PM
Problem I've found is that often the quality of these cheapo call schemes is
poor with narrow bandwidth.
Best to try a few different ones.
If you are in London several companies advertise on the Tube.

The ring ring ale

":: Dude ::" > wrote in message
> You can call the following countries for the price of an National call of
> your provider. I use this service quite often from work coz it's a
national
> number and they don't know it's International. Really cool!!!!
>

> Athens; Australia; Austria; Belgium; Brazil Rio De Janeiro; Brazil Rio De
> Janeiro & Sao Paulo; Brazil Sao Paulo; Brazil Sao Paulo & Rio De Janeiro;
> Canada; Canada, Mobile; Chile; China; China, Mobile; Denmark; Estonia;
> Finland; France; Germany; Greece; Greece Athens; Hong Kong; Hong Kong,
> Mobile; Iceland; Indonesia Jakarta; Ireland; Israel; Italy; Japan; Korea
> South; Liechtenstein; Liechtenstein, Mobile; Luxembourg; Malaysia; Moscow;
> Netherlands; New Zealand; Norway; Poland; Portugal; Puerto Rico; Puerto
> Rico, Mobile; Rio De Janeiro or Sao Paulo; Russia Moscow; Sao Paulo; Sao
> Paulo or Rio De Janeiro; Singapore; Spain; Sweden; Switzerland; Taiwan;
> Thailand Bangkok; US Virgin Islands; US Virgin Islands, Mobile; USA; USA,
> Mobile
>

> 08707944165 : (MONDAY - FRIDAY National rate)
> 08445704165 : (Weekends - 5p per minute)

Mark Kelly
July 14th 03, 02:02 PM
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 22:05:32 +0100, ":: Dude ::"
> wrote:

>You can call the following countries for the price of an National call of
>your provider. I use this service quite often from work coz it's a national
>number and they don't know it's International. Really cool!!!!
>

>0870794reseller part

Right so I can call on my NTL unlimited package for free cause the
price of a national call for me is zero! But wait the number is 0870
which is not included in that cause it is "not national call but non
geographical" number. Hence would actually cost 8p during the daytime
and 4p during the evening. (actually slightly cheaper than that.)
Anyway if you are going to post your advert about just-dial, at least
make sure you are giving correct fact so that ppl do not suddenly get
an "UNEXPECTED bill" (NB even at those prices it is still quite
cheap. but you can use http://www.telediscount.co.uk/ and get the
rates even cheaper.
reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.

July 14th 03, 03:25 PM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:02:04 GMT,
[email protected]"_T*R*A*P*S*I*H*T*E*V*O*M*E*R*_"okram (Mark Kelly)
wrote:
>Right so I can call on my NTL unlimited package for free cause the
>price of a national call for me is zero! But wait the number is 0870
>which is not included in that cause it is "not national call but non
>geographical" number.
I would have thought by now most people would know that 0870's are
not geographical numbers and would check the call rate before dialing
why do you try to imply that people are numskulls .
What annoyes me are firms that say call us on 0870 ***** ***** at
local rate !!!!!!!! .
Keith .

Mark Kelly
July 15th 03, 06:43 PM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 14:25:13 +0100, wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:02:04 GMT,
>[email protected]"_T*R*A*P*S*I*H*T*E*V*O*M*E*R*_"okram (Mark Kelly)
>wrote:
>>Right so I can call on my NTL unlimited package for free cause the
>>price of a national call for me is zero! But wait the number is 0870
>>which is not included in that cause it is "not national call but non
>>geographical" number.
>I would have thought by now most people would know that 0870's are
>not geographical numbers and would check the call rate before dialing
>why do you try to imply that people are numskulls .
>What annoyes me are firms that say call us on 0870 ***** ***** at
>local rate !!!!!!!! .
>Keith .

No you will be surprise how many ppl still do not realise that 0870
are not charged at their normal national rate. and to be frank I am
not surprise when the companies do not make it clear. you can check
the uk.telecom newsgroup and see for yourself.

I haven't met any firms yet saying call 0870 at local rates.. can you
name one? (curious to know).

one thing to be careful is international freephone are not free on
orange mobile. Can't remember what you get charged now but you get
charged something.
reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.

Google