PDA

View Full Version : OT. The computer charity

1470
July 7th 03, 05:07 PM
Hi, i remember a guy who posts on here who runs a computer charity. I sent
some stuff before but since had a computer re-install so have lost all
details.
Does anyone know the website as i have some stuff that might be of use.

Many thanks

Darren

RMS
July 7th 03, 05:11 PM
"1470" > wrote in message
> Hi, i remember a guy who posts on here who runs a computer charity. I sent
> some stuff before but since had a computer re-install so have lost all
> details.
> Does anyone know the website as i have some stuff that might be of use.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Darren

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)
www.goldenagecomputing.co.uk Recycle old copmputers for the seniors (UK
Based)

July 7th 03, 05:18 PM
On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 16:07:30 +0100, "1470"
> wrote:

>Hi, i remember a guy who posts on here who runs a computer charity. I sent
>some stuff before but since had a computer re-install so have lost all
>details.
>Does anyone know the website as i have some stuff that might be of use.

If you live near Southampton then Oxfam recycle old computers. maybe
your local Oxfam does the same?

sPoNiX

Barry Wright
July 7th 03, 05:50 PM
Send them to Cuba :) a container goes every year.

Barry

http://www.the-jigsaw.co.uk

"1470" > wrote in message
> Hi, i remember a guy who posts on here who runs a computer charity. I sent
> some stuff before but since had a computer re-install so have lost all
> details.
> Does anyone know the website as i have some stuff that might be of use.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Darren

---
The outgoing mail from this machine has been scanned.

Buzz
July 7th 03, 06:58 PM
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard
say...
> Hi, i remember a guy who posts on here who runs a computer charity. I sent
> some stuff before but since had a computer re-install so have lost all
> details.
> Does anyone know the website as i have some stuff that might be of use.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Darren

Darren, that was me mate, link in the sig, (Komputers 4 Kids) and
address in the FAQ (I rebuilt the site)
--
Jest Buzzin around!

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)
www.goldenagecomputing.co.uk Recycle old copmputers for the seniors (UK
Based)
http://free-n-easy.org.uk Fantastic forums with a family feel (UK
Based)
http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

The ale
July 7th 03, 07:56 PM
Tools for schools www.tfs.org.uk collect from offices, refurbish them and
then pass them on at nominal cost for schools. But they'd want to collect a
dozen or so at a time.

The numeric ale

"1470" > wrote in message
> Hi, i remember a guy who posts on here who runs a computer charity. I sent
> some stuff before but since had a computer re-install so have lost all
> details.
> Does anyone know the website as i have some stuff that might be of use.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Darren

Buzz
July 7th 03, 08:09 PM
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard
say...
> Tools for schools www.tfs.org.uk collect from offices, refurbish them and
> then pass them on at nominal cost for schools. But they'd want to collect a
> dozen or so at a time.

Komputers 4 kids give them to individual children/students that are
unable to afford one at absolutely no cost
--
Jest Buzzin around!

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)