PDA

View Full Version : Re: Safeway, Asda, Tesco

Jackie
July 7th 03, 11:35 PM
TESCO'S depends on the checkout operator. Some scan all coupons regardless
and if they give the correct beep they are taken. If wrong beep are
returned. Other checkout operators look at them and only take them if you
buy the item. I have bought 4 pints of milk at 98 pence (it went up the
other week) with 3 30p off coupons and paid 8 pence. Next time different
checkout operator would not take them.

"Al Rogers" > wrote in message
> I know we have had this topic before but
>
> ASDA
>
> Normally spend about £80 for groceries for the week. I've been presenting
> cashier with about £15 with know problem, she once stated they could only
> takes 3 of each voucher. Anyone used more voucher than that at till ?
>
> SAFEWAY
>
> Popped in for a sandwich lunchtime today. Spent about £3.50 cashier took
> £2.00 in vouchers no problem, stating they take maximum 6 of each. I paid
> less than half for my sandwich with using the vouchers. Where do they draw
> the line? or is a case of not being too greedy.
>
> TESCO
>
> I don't have a main store handy but there is a Tesco extra petrol station
up
> the road. Anyone used vouchers here?
>

> Would love to hear your views or experiences.
>
> Al

Jamie
July 8th 03, 05:19 AM
>Yes, some to seem to scrutinise (or however you spell it) every last detail
>on the voucher. It makes me wonder if it is best to go to a reasonably new
>cashier who doesn't know any better, but then again it could work in reverse
>and they could be the ones who question the vouchers the most, if you know
>what I mean.

They really press the issue of vouchers during induction and training, so it
would make no difference going to a new cashier

Come to the Pontypridd store in South Wales and I'll take off as many as the
till will let me!

Jamie-who-is-about-to-lose-his-job!

I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

Jamie
July 8th 03, 05:21 AM
>Yes I think todays top tip has to be "Get the right cashier"

Or, if the cashier refuses to take ny vouchers (in Tesco at least) refer them
to their till manual (there's one on every till) and tell them to look unter
the section about coupons & vouchers

I used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

°°°Rachel°°°
July 8th 03, 10:52 AM
> ASDA
>
> Normally spend about £80 for groceries for the week. I've been presenting
> cashier with about £15 with know problem, she once stated they could only
> takes 3 of each voucher. Anyone used more voucher than that at till ?

I use oads and loads, must cashiers only take 10% of the bill off with
vouchers but if you find a daft looking one you can sometimes get more.

Rachel
--
~ , ~ = ^.'''.^=
~ ^

Lostin1999
July 8th 03, 01:36 PM
"°°°Rachel°°°" > wrote in message
> > ASDA
> >
> > Normally spend about £80 for groceries for the week. I've been
presenting
> > cashier with about £15 with know problem, she once stated they could
only
> > takes 3 of each voucher. Anyone used more voucher than that at till ?
>
> I use oads and loads, must cashiers only take 10% of the bill off with
> vouchers but if you find a daft looking one you can sometimes get more.
>
> Rachel

<Flirt mode activated>

u get more off cos u is sooooooo sweet Rach!!

< Flirt mode off>

Mark

clara10
July 8th 03, 08:06 PM
Can we add morrisons to the list? Any idea what there policy is?? TIA
Clara xxx
Al Rogers > wrote in message
> I know we have had this topic before but
>
> ASDA
>
> Normally spend about £80 for groceries for the week. I've been presenting
> cashier with about £15 with know problem, she once stated they could only
> takes 3 of each voucher. Anyone used more voucher than that at till ?
>
> SAFEWAY
>
> Popped in for a sandwich lunchtime today. Spent about £3.50 cashier took
> £2.00 in vouchers no problem, stating they take maximum 6 of each. I paid
> less than half for my sandwich with using the vouchers. Where do they draw
> the line? or is a case of not being too greedy.
>
> TESCO
>
> I don't have a main store handy but there is a Tesco extra petrol station
up
> the road. Anyone used vouchers here?
>

> Would love to hear your views or experiences.
>
> Al

Al Rogers
July 9th 03, 08:06 PM
What do you mean 10% off the admatch is this different to a price match?

eg: Asda will price match Safeways own brand washing up liquid at 40p and
then also take off another 4p = 36p

If I am correct in my example do all Asda stores do this and do you have to
ask them to do it?

I bet you wished you hadn't mentioned this with all the questions I am
asking lol

Thanks

"Alan Gauton" > wrote in message
. uk...
> In article >,
> says...
> > Thanks for that tip Alan, I thought it was only manufactuers brands they
> > matched.
>
> Nope - if you look at bottle designs anyway, they're usually the same
> stuff anyway.
>
> I get 10% off the admatch prices as well. (-:
>
> --
> AG
>
> Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
> Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk
>
> Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
> (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

Alan Gauton
July 10th 03, 11:21 AM
In article >,
says...
> What do you mean 10% off the admatch is this different to a price match?
>
> eg: Asda will price match Safeways own brand washing up liquid at 40p and
> then also take off another 4p = 36p
>
> If I am correct in my example do all Asda stores do this and do you have to
> ask them to do it?
>
> I bet you wished you hadn't mentioned this with all the questions I am
> asking lol

No, *I* get the 10% - you won't. My wife works for Asda, so both she and
I get 10% off everything we buy. (Even sale prices, and admatches). (-:

Sorry if I was building up your hopes.

--
AG

Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk

Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
(Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

Al Rogers
July 10th 03, 05:04 PM
Thanks for clearing that one up Alan

Al
"Alan Gauton" > wrote in message
. uk...
> In article >,
> says...
> > What do you mean 10% off the admatch is this different to a price match?
> >
> > eg: Asda will price match Safeways own brand washing up liquid at 40p
and
> > then also take off another 4p = 36p
> >
> > If I am correct in my example do all Asda stores do this and do you have
> > ask them to do it?
> >
> > I bet you wished you hadn't mentioned this with all the questions I am
> > asking lol
>
> No, *I* get the 10% - you won't. My wife works for Asda, so both she and
> I get 10% off everything we buy. (Even sale prices, and admatches). (-:
>
> Sorry if I was building up your hopes.
>
> --
> AG
>
> Remove removes from address to remove anti-spam measures.
> Alan Gauton E-Mail agauton @ postmaster.co.uk
>
> Never for me the lowered banner, never the last endeavour!
> (Damon Hill - 16th June 1999)

Google