PDA

View Full Version : O/T weird number calling mobiles and hanging up

Heather-SCOTGIRL
July 8th 03, 12:35 PM
just to let you know I think I have been hit with the latest scam=20
07044665910
this number called my mobile and hung up and it the scam where you call =
back to see who it is and it costs u a fortune and to let you all know =
about it

be careful:)

heatherxx
--=20
EXTRA COMPETITION BELOW--=20
It's the possible prize in this new email prize game called a =
winningnote. It means that you and I could each WIN a tub of Mackie's =
Ice Cream worth =A32.79 There's no catch, all you have to do to find out =
if we win is=20
Please CLICK HERE
=
http://www.winningnote.com/Mackies/klickcheck.html?id=3D35&sender=3Dscotg=
, or send a blank email to =
[email protected] .com to check if you =
win with your sender

Andrew Gill
July 8th 03, 12:58 PM
I have no problem there.....i wont answer my mobile unless it states
who is calling (another words, they are in my phone book)
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:41:36 +0100, "Heather-SCOTGIRL"
> wrote:

>http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20020806/091235.shtml
>
>an example of this
>
>heather
>

>"Heather-SCOTGIRL" > wrote in message ...
>just to let you know I think I have been hit with the latest scam
>07044665910
>this number called my mobile and hung up and it the scam where you call back to see who it is and it costs u a fortune and to let you all know about it
>
>be careful:)
>
>heatherxx

tricia
July 8th 03, 09:19 PM
"Heather-SCOTGIRL" > wrote in message
just to let you know I think I have been hit with the latest scam
07044665910
this number called my mobile and hung up and it the scam where you call back
to see who it is and it costs u a fortune and to let you all know about it

be careful:)

I never phone back a number that hangs up on me. Also to save money on my
phone bill I always call my sister/mum/friends at the start of Coronation
Street, Eastenders etc. or at the start of their favourite TV programmes.
Guess what? They always say I'm watching etc, I will CALL YOU BACK. I check
1471 when I get home but unless I recognise the number I never call back
either and when I do, I revert to plan 1, favourite TV programme.

Tricia

Joe Harrison
July 10th 03, 04:56 PM
"tricia" > wrote in message

> "Heather-SCOTGIRL" > wrote in message
> just to let you know I think I have been hit with the latest scam
> 07044665910
> this number called my mobile and hung up and it the scam where you call
back
> to see who it is and it costs u a fortune and to let you all know about it

http://www.ukphoneinfo.com/cgi-bin-Phones/nng?GNG=07044&Submit=Submit

Not sure it is a scam, this is a personal number and although calling them
is slightly higher than mobile rates it's not what you'd call premium. I
myself use a free 07050- number and it is brilliantly useful.

The weird part though is that these numbers are supposed to be for incoming
calls only, I didn't believe there was any way to make an outgoing call that
would then show as coming from the personal number.

Google