PDA

View Full Version : Did you know that many train operators offer compensation if your trains are delayed?

Cinthia
July 8th 03, 12:41 PM
FYI

www.trainrefunds.co.uk

Cinthia

Barry Wright
July 8th 03, 01:05 PM
Trains are never late-
they are cancelled ;)

Barry
http://www.the-jigsaw.co.uk

"Cinthia" > wrote in message
om...
> FYI
>
> www.trainrefunds.co.uk
>
> Cinthia

---
The outgoing mail from this machine has been scanned.

oo^^artnada^^oo
July 8th 03, 01:29 PM
Barry Wright wrote:
| Trains are never late-
| they are cancelled ;)
|

| Barry
| http://www.the-jigsaw.co.uk
|

| "Cinthia" > wrote in message
| om...
|| FYI
|| www.trainrefunds.co.uk
|| Cinthia
|

| ---
| The outgoing mail from this machine has been scanned.

Did you also know that most timetables will be "fixed" so that they don't have to pay
out!!!

Take an example (this is the way it works).

06:00 Penzance - Edinburgh
Leave Penzance on time
Reach Birmingham 20 mins late (you cannot claim for being late if you are traveling to
Brum)*
Get to Blyth (small station not far from Edinburgh) 30 mins late (could be another small
station very close to final destination)!
Get to Edinburgh on time!!!

How do they do that?

Easy.

The time between the small "Blyth" station (only a few miles) and Edinburgh is given an
allowance of over an hour to get to Edinburgh!! Therefore the train will actually (appear)
to arrive either early or on time!!!

*Remember the Brum bit I mentioned earlier? The reason why you cannot claim for being
20mins late at Brum (or anywhere on route), is because the train has to be late at it's
"DESTINATION"!!! That is the important word. The destination of the train is Edinburgh
NOT Brum or any other station on route!!!

A loophole the rail companies found straight away when this "compo" system came in!

Katie
July 8th 03, 06:49 PM
and they dont count cancelled trains as delayed trains...so that their
statistics can be as high as possible.

so the cancelled trains are not reported properly and i dont think you can
claim against it.

"Barry Wright" > wrote in message
> Trains are never late-
> they are cancelled ;)
>

> Barry
> http://www.the-jigsaw.co.uk
>

> "Cinthia" > wrote in message
> om...
> > FYI
> >
> > www.trainrefunds.co.uk
> >
> > Cinthia
>

> ---
> The outgoing mail from this machine has been scanned.

Ian Hurst (Troyka)
July 8th 03, 09:05 PM
Troyka Makes everyone a cup of Earl Grey tea while we hear what
(Cinthia) has to say
>FYI
>
>www.trainrefunds.co.uk
>
>Cinthia

don't be put off trying to get what's rightfully yours, i have
successfully claimed for being booted out of a waiting room (as it was
locked at 9pm) in the winter to stand for over an hour on a cold
platform.

and also another time the commuter train i was waiting for was full
on arrival, so i had to wait for another, station staff would not
let anyone on for heath and safety reasons.
the trick to claiming is to be polite, forceful and upset. also a
small mention of health and safety issues are always a good one.

but only claim if you are entitled, and not because u think u can get
free money.

--------
The degree of civilisation in a society can be judged by observing its
prisoners
Doschiesky

coulthard
July 8th 03, 09:17 PM
"Katie" > wrote in message
> and they dont count cancelled trains as delayed trains...so that their
> statistics can be as high as possible.
>
> so the cancelled trains are not reported properly and i dont think you can
> claim against it.
>
> "Barry Wright" > wrote in message
> > Trains are never late-
> > they are cancelled ;)

I knew someone who was on a train that was late so he missed the connecting
train to get home. So he was stuck in a station 40 miles from his home
station last thing at night, so he got a taxi home and he sent the taxi
receipt to the train company and they paid it for him

Google