PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got Tempur sample?

Helen Page
July 8th 03, 09:31 PM
A while ago I contacted Tempur via their website as we're buying a new bed
and a Tempur mattress/overlay sounded great. I asked for prices of these
items and another I was interested in, and a sample of the material, as
mentioned on their tv ads. This is not just a "get it cos it's free"
request, I have a genuine interest in their product. But I've not heard
anything back, and I'd like to know soon so I know whether I need to buy a
bed & mattress or just the frame from Argos or whatever. Has anyone had
info/samples from them, and how long did it take? I would prefer not to have
to ring them.

Hiltono
July 8th 03, 10:44 PM
Is that the one with the stupid advert claiming to have been used by NASA in
the space program?? Clearly failing to realise they don't have beds in
space cos they sleep in bags attached to the walls, fools.

Hilt

"Helen Page" > wrote in message
> A while ago I contacted Tempur via their website as we're buying a new bed
> and a Tempur mattress/overlay sounded great. I asked for prices of these
> items and another I was interested in, and a sample of the material, as
> mentioned on their tv ads. This is not just a "get it cos it's free"
> request, I have a genuine interest in their product. But I've not heard
> anything back, and I'd like to know soon so I know whether I need to buy a
> bed & mattress or just the frame from Argos or whatever. Has anyone had
> info/samples from them, and how long did it take? I would prefer not to
have
> to ring them.

Hiltono
July 8th 03, 11:27 PM
Quite

"George" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> says...
> > Is that the one with the stupid advert claiming to have been used by
NASA in
> > the space program?? Clearly failing to realise they don't have beds in
> > space cos they sleep in bags attached to the walls, fools.
>
> 99% of work NASA do in the space program is carried out on Earth.
>
> err 87% of statistics are made up on the spot. The other 45% are real.
>
> --
> Remove N0_SPAM_PLEAZE to email
> It's a spring thing
> http://www.hookeslaw.com

\\/\\Lightningslim
July 9th 03, 02:58 AM
I can't speak for Tempur but I belive that they use a similar substance =
to my new "memory foam 3" mattress overlay" that came from QVC on one of =
their "Special value introductions."
The Full cost for a double was around =A3210 iirc, they were offering it =
for =A3180 (split into two payments)
I've been thinking about just such a purchase for years, but had been =
put off by the cost and being uncertain if they really worked!
Well with QVC (NO I don't have shares!) they will accept an article back =
for a full refund if you are not satisfied - so I tried it out.
Result? You would have a hard job getting it of me if you dared try, and =
I think it was very good value!
The support it gives is amazing and has to be tried to be appreciated.
Just for refference the QVC price was by far the cheapest I could find =
in the uk.
HTH

Mike

Helen Page wrote:
> A while ago I contacted Tempur via their website as we're buying a
> new bed and a Tempur mattress/overlay sounded great. I asked for
> prices of these items and another I was interested in, and a sample
> of the material, as mentioned on their tv ads. This is not just a
> "get it cos it's free" request, I have a genuine interest in their
> product. But I've not heard anything back, and I'd like to know soon
> so I know whether I need to buy a bed & mattress or just the frame
> from Argos or whatever. Has anyone had info/samples from them, and
> how long did it take? I would prefer not to have to ring them.

Helen Page
July 9th 03, 10:10 PM
\/\Lightningslim > wrote:
> I can't speak for Tempur but I belive that they use a similar
> substance to my new "memory foam 3" mattress overlay" that came from
> QVC on one of their "Special value introductions."
> The Full cost for a double was around £210 iirc, they were offering
> it for £180 (split into two payments)
> I've been thinking about just such a purchase for years, but had been
> put off by the cost and being uncertain if they really worked!
> Well with QVC (NO I don't have shares!) they will accept an article
> back for a full refund if you are not satisfied - so I tried it out.
> Result? You would have a hard job getting it of me if you dared try,
> and I think it was very good value!
> The support it gives is amazing and has to be tried to be appreciated.
> Just for refference the QVC price was by far the cheapest I could
> find in the uk.
> HTH

Thanks Mike!

Helen Page
July 9th 03, 10:13 PM
mike smith > wrote:
> Got a sample age ago along with video. A little Tempur cube which
> actually feels quite nice although the full size is dead expensive!

Thanks Mike, I might get in touch with them again and see where my sample
is! Though if it's too expensive I guess I'll just have to get a decent
mattress with my bed...

mike smith
July 9th 03, 10:27 PM
By expensive I mean that they were several hundred pounds just for a
mattress!

"Helen Page" > wrote in message
> mike smith > wrote:
> > Got a sample age ago along with video. A little Tempur cube which
> > actually feels quite nice although the full size is dead expensive!
>
> Thanks Mike, I might get in touch with them again and see where my sample
> is! Though if it's too expensive I guess I'll just have to get a decent
> mattress with my bed...

Helen Page
July 11th 03, 02:40 AM
mike smith > wrote:
> By expensive I mean that they were several hundred pounds just for a
> mattress!

Owie! And we got a scary quote for renewing the car insurance, so I guess
it's cranky mattress till we sort ourselves out a cheaper-to-insure car,
then the bed/mattress we were looking at before... Bit peeved that Tempur
didn't bother replying to my enquiry though (been to busy to chase it up
just yet).

Google