PDA

View Full Version : Sainsbury / Carphone Warehouse scam

GreyThunder2
July 12th 03, 12:19 AM
I have received a letter from Sainsbury Mobile. They are full of glee that they
are handing over their day to day mobile phone operations to Carphone
Warehouse. I am supposed to be delighted, in spite of the fact that instead of
being retrospectively charged by a system which compared 70 different tarrifs
from all the networks (a system which saved me 30% on my bills), I shall now be
charged by Carphone Warehouse from a handfull of 02 tarrifs only, and instead
of being retrospectively charged, they will put me on the tarriff "they think"
I will be better on. I apparently am supposed to become orgasmic as I will now
earn Nectar points. BIG DEAL. I have protested but have been told that the
small print in the contract gives them 30 days to notify me of any changes. The
irony for me is that I went to Sainsbury telling the salesman how the Carphone
Warehouse had conned me into an expensive contract after changing me from a
cheaper one, and then took 17 weeks to answer my letters and offering only a
derisory compensation.

I'm leaving Sainsbury as soon as my contract is up in a couple of weeks, but I
warn others who have a contract with them, to expect bigger bills now they have
got into bed with Charles Dunstone - the man who built his reputation as boss
of Carphone Warehouse, with a personal pride on standards in his business, but
who now is too busy counting the billions to give a monkeys about liitle twits
like you and me.

Shaun Smith
July 12th 03, 10:49 AM
You might want to read your contract coz you will probably find that the 30
days that they have to notify you of changes will also state that if you are
not happy with any significant changes then you are not obliged to continue
the contract, therefore you may end it upon this change (rather than waiting
til the contract ends). This is how every contract works and i think it is a
requirement by law that if significat changes are made then you are not
obliged to accept them.

HTH
Shaun

"GreyThunder2" > wrote in message
> I have received a letter from Sainsbury Mobile. They are full of glee that
they
> are handing over their day to day mobile phone operations to Carphone
> Warehouse. I am supposed to be delighted, in spite of the fact that
instead of
> being retrospectively charged by a system which compared 70 different
tarrifs
> from all the networks (a system which saved me 30% on my bills), I shall
now be
> charged by Carphone Warehouse from a handfull of 02 tarrifs only, and
instead
> of being retrospectively charged, they will put me on the tarriff "they
think"
> I will be better on. I apparently am supposed to become orgasmic as I will
now
> earn Nectar points. BIG DEAL. I have protested but have been told that the
> small print in the contract gives them 30 days to notify me of any
changes. The
> irony for me is that I went to Sainsbury telling the salesman how the
Carphone
> Warehouse had conned me into an expensive contract after changing me from
> cheaper one, and then took 17 weeks to answer my letters and offering only
> derisory compensation.
>
> I'm leaving Sainsbury as soon as my contract is up in a couple of weeks,
but I
> warn others who have a contract with them, to expect bigger bills now they
have
> got into bed with Charles Dunstone - the man who built his reputation as
boss
> of Carphone Warehouse, with a personal pride on standards in his business,
but
> who now is too busy counting the billions to give a monkeys about liitle
twits
> like you and me.

PjH : Cima Racing
July 12th 03, 09:47 PM
"MF" wrote...

>> <telephone woes>
>> I'm leaving Sainsbury as soon as my contract is up in a couple of weeks,
>> but I warn others who have a contract with them, to expect bigger bills
>> now they have got into bed with Charles Dunstone
>
> Take a look here - http://www.telecomplus.org.uk/lowerbills - not
> all the tariffs are shown ie the O2 tariffs are cheaper than on the
> high street. Plus no minimum contract so you can leave whenever
> you like if not happy.

And you get commission on this, too!

Seriously, any catches?

--
: Phil Huff : Cima Racing : www.cimaracing.co.uk :
: ---------------------------------------------- :

MF
July 13th 03, 03:57 PM
On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 19:47:43 +0000 (UTC), "PjH : Cima Racing"
> wrote:

>"MF" wrote...
>
>>> <telephone woes>
>>> I'm leaving Sainsbury as soon as my contract is up in a couple of weeks,
>>> but I warn others who have a contract with them, to expect bigger bills
>>> now they have got into bed with Charles Dunstone
>>
>> Take a look here - http://www.telecomplus.org.uk/lowerbills - not
>> all the tariffs are shown ie the O2 tariffs are cheaper than on the
>> high street. Plus no minimum contract so you can leave whenever
>> you like if not happy.
>
>And you get commission on this, too!
>
>Seriously, any catches?

Yes I do receive a commission but so does any other provider. But
there are no catches - no minimum contract on any mobile service and
you can keep your existing number.

BTW the Mobile service has received a 'Best Buy' from Which Guide for
the last 3 years and a suvey in the Financial Mail in October based on
different usage levels gave Tplus a 'Best Buy' in 4 out of 5
categories. The 5th being a low user, emergencies only.

E-mail if you would like more info - or maybe you would prefer to earn
the commission yourself?

Mark

MF
July 13th 03, 04:01 PM
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 08:14:32 GMT,
[email protected]"_T*R*A*P*S*I*H*T*E*V*O*M*E*R*_"okram (Mark Kelly)
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 06:38:01 +0100, MF > wrote:
>
>>On 11 Jul 2003 22:19:58 GMT, (GreyThunder2)
>>wrote:
>>
>>>I have received a letter from Sainsbury Mobile. They are full of glee that they
>>>are handing over their day to day mobile phone operations to Carphone
>>>Warehouse. I am supposed to be delighted, in spite of the fact that instead of
>>>being retrospectively charged by a system which compared 70 different tarrifs
>>>from all the networks (a system which saved me 30% on my bills), I shall now be
>>>charged by Carphone Warehouse from a handfull of 02 tarrifs only, and instead
>>>of being retrospectively charged, they will put me on the tarriff "they think"
>>>I will be better on. I apparently am supposed to become orgasmic as I will now
>>>earn Nectar points. BIG DEAL. I have protested but have been told that the
>>>small print in the contract gives them 30 days to notify me of any changes. The
>>>irony for me is that I went to Sainsbury telling the salesman how the Carphone
>>>Warehouse had conned me into an expensive contract after changing me from a
>>>cheaper one, and then took 17 weeks to answer my letters and offering only a
>>>derisory compensation.
>>>
>>>I'm leaving Sainsbury as soon as my contract is up in a couple of weeks, but I
>>>warn others who have a contract with them, to expect bigger bills now they have
>>>got into bed with Charles Dunstone - the man who built his reputation as boss
>>>of Carphone Warehouse, with a personal pride on standards in his business, but
>>>who now is too busy counting the billions to give a monkeys about liitle twits
>>>like you and me.
>>
>>Take a look here - http://www.telecomplus.org.uk/lowerbills - not all
>>the tariffs are shown ie the O2 tariffs are cheaper than on the high
>>street. Plus no minimum contract so you can leave whenever you like if
>>not happy.
>>
>>Mark
>
>but read the small print and you don't own the phone for one. there
>are lots of problems (in fact probably nearly as much as singlepoint.)
>ppl in uk.telecom.mobile will tell you to avoid telecomplus at all
>cost.

For what reason? I am a user and have over 100 happy customers who not
only save money on their mobile but their other domestic and office
bills also.

It is true that you don't own the phone, it is free however. Though if
you keep your existing phone you can have a free sim card and an
instant £4.00 per month off the line rental.

Hope that clarifies things a little.

Mark

Mark Kelly
July 14th 03, 02:26 PM
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 15:01:42 +0100, MF > wrote:

>>but read the small print and you don't own the phone for one. there
>>are lots of problems (in fact probably nearly as much as singlepoint.)
>>ppl in uk.telecom.mobile will tell you to avoid telecomplus at all
>>cost.
>
>For what reason? I am a user and have over 100 happy customers who not
>only save money on their mobile but their other domestic and office
>bills also.
>
>It is true that you don't own the phone, it is free however. Though if
>you keep your existing phone you can have a free sim card and an
>instant £4.00 per month off the line rental.
>
>Hope that clarifies things a little.

you are the "first reseller who actually was forthcoming on the free
phone bit :-). But you can either ask in the uk.telecom newsgroup or
do a search in google. But for starters all their calls are expensive
they can all be beaten from what I remember, also I think the customer
service was not that good and also (and this is one of the major thing
why people don't like it and becoming the same with just-dial now) is
resellers "ALWAYS" posting in non advert newsgroup like uk.telecom or
uk.telecom.mobile. Anyway have a browse there and you will see the
answers :-)
reverse my email address, and remove the obvious
spam traps to reach me by email.
http://www.callthrough.tk/ = site not updated.

MF
July 14th 03, 05:48 PM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:26:03 GMT,
wrote:

>you are the "first reseller who actually was forthcoming on the free
>phone bit :-). But you can either ask in the uk.telecom newsgroup or
>do a search in google. But for starters all their calls are expensive
>they can all be beaten from what I remember, also I think the customer
>service was not that good and also (and this is one of the major thing
>why people don't like it and becoming the same with just-dial now) is
>resellers "ALWAYS" posting in non advert newsgroup like uk.telecom or
>uk.telecom.mobile. Anyway have a browse there and you will see the
>answers :-)

I beg to differ on all the above comments, please point out which
calls are expensive, for example I can reduce most monthly inclusive
minutes packages by up to £4 per month on line rental on any of our
O2 tariffs and discount calls by 10% over and above those inclusive
minutes. If were were 'so expensive' whey do we get so many 'Best Buy'
ratings from third party research.
Facts are facts and facts don't lie.

As for customer service - every customer that I personally sign up has
my home (freephone) number and my mobile number. I suggest if they
have a query or problem to call me and I will sort it out with
customer service. I think that takes some matching.

Mark

BTW - I didn't post an advert, I replied with information that was
relevant to the original message.

Google