PDA

View Full Version : OT another techy one

Buzz
July 12th 03, 02:07 PM
A mate of mine wants me to set him up one of them dating sites. Nothing
too clever, just where punter A submits a brief ad, and punter B can
then view the ad, click a button and email the advertiser directly
without actually knowing the email address of the advertiser. Other
bells & WHistles can be added later. My thought is that this would be a
database of some kind, probably sql. Is there some software out there to
set this up? or do I have to learn sql, cgi, php, databases etc etc?
--
Jest Buzzin around!

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)
http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

Richard
July 12th 03, 02:12 PM
you could probabily use a simple php script with some flavour of sql as a
backend. Do a search on www.freshmeat.net and im sure you will find loads

Richard
"Buzz" > wrote in message
> A mate of mine wants me to set him up one of them dating sites. Nothing
> too clever, just where punter A submits a brief ad, and punter B can
> then view the ad, click a button and email the advertiser directly
> without actually knowing the email address of the advertiser. Other
> bells & WHistles can be added later. My thought is that this would be a
> database of some kind, probably sql. Is there some software out there to
> set this up? or do I have to learn sql, cgi, php, databases etc etc?
> --
> Jest Buzzin around!
>
> www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
> Based)
> http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
> computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

Buzz
July 12th 03, 02:12 PM
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say...
> you could probabily use a simple php script with some flavour of sql as a
> backend. Do a search on www.freshmeat.net and im sure you will find loads
>
> Richard
> "Buzz" > wrote in message
> > A mate of mine wants me to set him up one of them dating sites. Nothing
> > too clever, just where punter A submits a brief ad, and punter B can
> > then view the ad, click a button and email the advertiser directly
> > without actually knowing the email address of the advertiser. Other
> > bells & WHistles can be added later. My thought is that this would be a
> > database of some kind, probably sql. Is there some software out there to
> > set this up? or do I have to learn sql, cgi, php, databases etc etc?
> > --
> > Jest Buzzin around!
> >
> > www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
> > Based)
> > http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
> > computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

thats the sort of thing, I will go look now!
--
Jest Buzzin around!

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)
http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

Buzz
July 12th 03, 09:39 PM
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say...
> I have made a nice script that I will consider selling a copy of.
>
> You can see it working at www.datewales.co.uk it is asp with a access db.
>

> Barry

Thats a nice one Barry! I felt the registration was a bit long though. I
have found one, which with a bit of tewaking isd just what I need, when
I can get my bloody server to send mail so I can test that. (I outlined
the problem in another thread)

The one I found is PHP based and free!
--
Jest Buzzin around!