PDA

View Full Version : Free ringtones?

Rob Beattie
July 12th 03, 10:41 PM
I only use my Vodafone mobile for emergencies hence I've not bothered
changing for 3/4 years. I'm not really into mobiles so I was wondering
if anyone here can tell me if I will be able to change my ring tone
for free. If so then I would like a movie theme(Close Encounters of
the 3rd Kind - surely the most recogniseable film tune ever?). Is this
possible for a Nokia 5110(pay as you go)?

Dj-Equinox
July 12th 03, 11:16 PM
If i remember correctly the 5110 doesnt have the composer option :( !! All i
could suggest is paying for one or better, get a friend with a nokia to
compose the tone required for free off the net or who might have the tone u
require already, get them to send to you via SMS cost = standard SMS
charges,when you recieve,just click save !!

"Rob Beattie" > wrote in message
> I only use my Vodafone mobile for emergencies hence I've not bothered
> changing for 3/4 years. I'm not really into mobiles so I was wondering
> if anyone here can tell me if I will be able to change my ring tone
> for free. If so then I would like a movie theme(Close Encounters of
> the 3rd Kind - surely the most recogniseable film tune ever?). Is this
> possible for a Nokia 5110(pay as you go)?

Dj-Equinox
July 12th 03, 11:17 PM
if you want try www.tones4free.com to find the tone required then print off
for a friend to compose and send for you !! NOKIA's only though !!

"Dj-Equinox" > wrote in message
> If i remember correctly the 5110 doesnt have the composer option :( !! All
> could suggest is paying for one or better, get a friend with a nokia to
> compose the tone required for free off the net or who might have the tone
> require already, get them to send to you via SMS cost = standard SMS
> charges,when you recieve,just click save !!
>

> "Rob Beattie" > wrote in message
> > I only use my Vodafone mobile for emergencies hence I've not bothered
> > changing for 3/4 years. I'm not really into mobiles so I was wondering
> > if anyone here can tell me if I will be able to change my ring tone
> > for free. If so then I would like a movie theme(Close Encounters of
> > the 3rd Kind - surely the most recogniseable film tune ever?). Is this
> > possible for a Nokia 5110(pay as you go)?

-=PrOzAk=-
July 13th 03, 12:05 AM
Dj-Equinox is a little wrong, you don't have to pay for tones. Try the group
alt.cellular.nokia.ringtones I used to be real active in there, somebody
should help you out.

Oh and If your bored, sign up with neopets and have your own Virtual pet
(it's totally free)
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=i_said_mooo
"Rob Beattie" > wrote in message
> I only use my Vodafone mobile for emergencies hence I've not bothered
> changing for 3/4 years. I'm not really into mobiles so I was wondering
> if anyone here can tell me if I will be able to change my ring tone
> for free. If so then I would like a movie theme(Close Encounters of
> the 3rd Kind - surely the most recogniseable film tune ever?). Is this
> possible for a Nokia 5110(pay as you go)?

Dj-Equinox
July 13th 03, 01:50 AM
Got me wires crossed with the 3210 which has 1 composer slot and 1 slot for
recieved SMS tones !!! Soz.....:(

Hanging me head in shame............!

"Rob Beattie" > wrote in message
> I only use my Vodafone mobile for emergencies hence I've not bothered
> changing for 3/4 years. I'm not really into mobiles so I was wondering
> if anyone here can tell me if I will be able to change my ring tone
> for free. If so then I would like a movie theme(Close Encounters of
> the 3rd Kind - surely the most recogniseable film tune ever?). Is this
> possible for a Nokia 5110(pay as you go)?

Chris Michael
July 13th 03, 11:00 AM
"Paul Ryan" > wrote in message

|| It's not possible to add ringtones to a Nokia 5110
|| Paul

Paul's right, you can't add new ringtones on the Nokia 5110, not even by
sending them to the phone.

--
Chris Michael
www.INTOmobiles.com