PDA

View Full Version : Sky freeview


AndyH
July 14th 03, 11:21 AM
Anyone know where I get a sky freeview card from (for bbc/itv 1, 2, 3,
etc). I tried sky the other night, but ended up going around in
circles on their phone system :o(

--
AndyH

wiraone
July 14th 03, 11:56 AM
AndyH > wrote in
:

> Anyone know where I get a sky freeview card from (for bbc/itv 1, 2, 3,
> etc). I tried sky the other night, but ended up going around in
> circles on their phone system :o(
>

Latest news I heard that Sky is not going to give out freeview card any
longer, not even BBC.

More info can be found here

http://logofreetv.org/render.asp?mode=campaign_news_read&i=120

Or you can read the latest news in:

uk.tech.tv.sky
uk.media.tv.sky

AndyH
July 14th 03, 01:23 PM
On 14 Jul 2003 09:56:05 GMT, wiraone >
deliberate:

>AndyH > wrote in
:
>
>> Anyone know where I get a sky freeview card from (for bbc/itv 1, 2, 3,
>> etc). I tried sky the other night, but ended up going around in
>> circles on their phone system :o(
>>
>
>Latest news I heard that Sky is not going to give out freeview card any
>longer, not even BBC.
>
>More info can be found here
>
>http://logofreetv.org/render.asp?mode=campaign_news_read&i=120
>
>Or you can read the latest news in:
>
>uk.tech.tv.sky
>uk.media.tv.sky

Typical, I just buy a second system and dual LNB, risk my life by
climbing up a ladder to fit it and its a waste of time, Bahhhh :o(

--
AndyH

BORG
July 14th 03, 01:32 PM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:23:33 +0000 (UTC), AndyH
> wrote:

>On 14 Jul 2003 09:56:05 GMT, wiraone >
>deliberate:
>
>>AndyH > wrote in
:
>>
>>> Anyone know where I get a sky freeview card from (for bbc/itv 1, 2, 3,
>>> etc). I tried sky the other night, but ended up going around in
>>> circles on their phone system :o(
>>>
>>
>>Latest news I heard that Sky is not going to give out freeview card any
>>longer, not even BBC.
>>
>>More info can be found here
>>
>>http://logofreetv.org/render.asp?mode=campaign_news_read&i=120
>>
>>Or you can read the latest news in:
>>
>>uk.tech.tv.sky
>>uk.media.tv.sky
>
>Typical, I just buy a second system and dual LNB, risk my life by
>climbing up a ladder to fit it and its a waste of time, Bahhhh :o(


how much did you pay for the set up , I got one here for sale with
dish box remote and card just wanted a ball park figure to sell it for


--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header
http://www.goodtraders.com/viewfeedback.php?nick=Borg
http://www.borg.dsl.pipex.com/
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity

AndyH
July 14th 03, 02:22 PM
On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:32:32 +0100, BORG >
deliberate:

>On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 11:23:33 +0000 (UTC), AndyH
> wrote:
>
>>On 14 Jul 2003 09:56:05 GMT, wiraone >
>>deliberate:
>>
>>>AndyH > wrote in
:
>>>
>>>> Anyone know where I get a sky freeview card from (for bbc/itv 1, 2, 3,
>>>> etc). I tried sky the other night, but ended up going around in
>>>> circles on their phone system :o(
>>>>
>>>
>>>Latest news I heard that Sky is not going to give out freeview card any
>>>longer, not even BBC.
>>>
>>>More info can be found here
>>>
>>>http://logofreetv.org/render.asp?mode=campaign_news_read&i=120
>>>
>>>Or you can read the latest news in:
>>>
>>>uk.tech.tv.sky
>>>uk.media.tv.sky
>>
>>Typical, I just buy a second system and dual LNB, risk my life by
>>climbing up a ladder to fit it and its a waste of time, Bahhhh :o(
>
>
>how much did you pay for the set up , I got one here for sale with
>dish box remote and card just wanted a ball park figure to sell it for

Dual LNB was £10, I think dish and single LNB's are about £20 new,
Amstrad receiver was £35, but that was so cheap because it was an ebay
auction that ended at 2am, £45-50 should be more like it.

If the freeview cards stop in a couple of weeks, I can see the prices
falling as more are sold.

--
AndyH

Google