PDA

View Full Version : OT-AOL and mail

Buzz
July 14th 03, 05:53 PM
Is AOL blocking mail from personal servers such as argosoft? My
forums/portal and test dating site can send emails to all except aol
addresses
--
Jest Buzzin around!

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)
http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

Tenex
July 14th 03, 06:02 PM
Buzz wrote:
> Is AOL blocking mail from personal servers such as argosoft? My
> forums/portal and test dating site can send emails to all except aol
> addresses

A friend of mine on AOL regularly fails to ge tmail from my Blueyonder a/cs.
Funnily enough all AOL mail gets marked as spam by Mail washer... ;-)

Buzz
July 14th 03, 06:06 PM
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say...
> Funnily enough all AOL mail gets marked as spam by Mail washer... ;-)

strange that aint it?

I got 5 people on the dating thing I am testing, 2 of them are AOL and
cannot get messages posted from it, not can they get emails from the
forums or postnuke site!

(gotta start again with the forums, somehow during the day yesterday my
members table and posts table were deleted! ) Anyone got any ideas on
how to plug forums aside from sigs on newsgroups or search engines?
--
Jest Buzzin around!

www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
Based)
http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

damson
July 14th 03, 08:21 PM
Today I have had a lot less spam than usual, but all my usual mail has arrived.
Of couse, you dont know if you dont get "legitimate" mail until you get a mail
asking why you didnt reply!

Rev John
July 14th 03, 08:30 PM
AOL are doing there funny port25 walk again, started last week, Argo works
fine but you cannot send to another aol addy.
If Argo is playing up change the port to 8080 then back to 25 and it should
be fine.

"Buzz" > wrote in message
> When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say...
> > Funnily enough all AOL mail gets marked as spam by Mail washer... ;-)
> >
> strange that aint it?
>
> I got 5 people on the dating thing I am testing, 2 of them are AOL and
> cannot get messages posted from it, not can they get emails from the
> forums or postnuke site!
>
> (gotta start again with the forums, somehow during the day yesterday my
> members table and posts table were deleted! ) Anyone got any ideas on
> how to plug forums aside from sigs on newsgroups or search engines?
> --
> Jest Buzzin around!
>
> www.komputers4kids.co.uk recycle old computers for the children (UK
> Based)
> http://www.global-lifeline.co.uk Meet with others that use their
> computer as a lifeline ( Worldwide)

Buzz
July 14th 03, 08:37 PM
When I buzzed out of the hive I heard say...

> AOL are doing there funny port25 walk again, started last week, Argo works
> fine but you cannot send to another aol addy.
> If Argo is playing up change the port to 8080 then back to 25 and it should
> be fine.

Ta RJ, will give it a go
--
Jest Buzzin around!