PDA

View Full Version : Re: O/T Philips c12 unlock code?


·.¸¸.·´¯` Matt ´¯`·.¸¸.·
July 20th 03, 09:50 PM
"Heather-SCOTGIRL" > wrote in message
...
this is an old phone I found and it accepts only o2/bt sims, was wanting to
know how to I get it to accept t mobile sims?

is there any"free" way of unlocking this "oldish" phone

thanks

heather
--
Extra chance of winning something-- (1 in 20 win)
It means that you and I could each WIN a tub of Mackie's Ice Cream worth
£2.79 There's no catch, all you have to do to find out if we win is
CLICK HERE

http://www.winningnote.com/Mackies/klickcheck.html?id=35&[email protected]
co.uk , or send a blank email to
[email protected] .com to check if you win
with your sender

As far as I know, the C12 is a single band phone - this means that even if
it was possible to unlock the phone, the only other network it would be able
to pick up a signal with would be Vodafone.

Orange and T-Mobile operate at 1800Mhz, wheres the C12 is a 900Mhz phone and
therefore only compatible with Vodafone and O2 networks, both of which
broadcast at 900Mhz

--

Matt
-------------------------------------------------
The email address in the headers isn't read. Replace usenet with matt to
email me
-------------------------------------------------

Heather-SCOTGIRL
July 20th 03, 10:02 PM
thanks matt for this

heather


"=B7.=B8=B8.=B7=B4=AF` Matt =B4=AF`=B7.=B8=B8.=B7" =
> wrote in message =
...
>=20
> "Heather-SCOTGIRL" > wrote in message
> ...
> this is an old phone I found and it accepts only o2/bt sims, was =
wanting to
> know how to I get it to accept t mobile sims?
>=20
> is there any"free" way of unlocking this "oldish" phone
>=20
> thanks
>=20
> heather
> --
> Extra chance of winning something-- (1 in 20 win)
> It means that you and I could each WIN a tub of Mackie's Ice Cream =
worth
> =A32.79 There's no catch, all you have to do to find out if we win is
> CLICK HERE
>=20
> =
http://www.winningnote.com/Mackies/klickcheck.html?id=3D35&sender=3Dscotg=
[email protected]
> co.uk , or send a blank email to
> [email protected] .com to check if you =
win
> with your sender
>=20
> As far as I know, the C12 is a single band phone - this means that =
even if
> it was possible to unlock the phone, the only other network it would =
be able
> to pick up a signal with would be Vodafone.
>=20
> Orange and T-Mobile operate at 1800Mhz, wheres the C12 is a 900Mhz =
phone and
> therefore only compatible with Vodafone and O2 networks, both of which
> broadcast at 900Mhz
>=20
> --
>=20
> Matt
> -------------------------------------------------
> The email address in the headers isn't read. Replace usenet with matt =
to
> email me
> -------------------------------------------------
>=20
>

POB
July 20th 03, 11:09 PM
In article >, says...
> As far as I know, the C12 is a single band phone - this means that even if
> it was possible to unlock the phone, the only other network it would be able
> to pick up a signal with would be Vodafone.
>
> Orange and T-Mobile operate at 1800Mhz, wheres the C12 is a 900Mhz phone and
> therefore only compatible with Vodafone and O2 networks, both of which
> broadcast at 900Mhz
>

Your information about frequencies is incorrect.

The different frequencies (aka bands) are for different countries, not for different networks.

900 = UK
1800 = Europe and quite a lot of other countries.
1900 = USA / Canda


So even if the C12 is a single band phone, it will still work on any UK network.



Sorry don't know anywhere that could unlock it for free, I'm tring to find a way of unlockincg a Motorolla v2288.
Your network provider may do it for a fee.

POB
July 21st 03, 12:33 AM
In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> Hi Heather.
>
> I actually have two of those phones on the "free best friend" number whic I
> still use to make unlimited free calls to one given number. As far as I know
> there is no way of unlocking these phones to another sim as the way they
> operate is different to other sim cards, the reason being that the phone
> actually stores the credit that has been put on and not the network. I have
> tried different sims in these phones to no avail and also tried those sims
> in other phones too. So the long and the short of it is.......if you are
> going to use it, do as I do....hide it in a brown paper bag!!!!
>
> Regards
>
> Brian
>
>

They can be unlcocked.

Haven't found a free one but http://www.phatphones.com/unlocking%20through%20phatphones.htm can do it for £15.


Found it by searching google using unlock philips c12 as the search. There are others as well.

Rich Kerrigan
July 21st 03, 12:34 AM
> 900 = UK
> 1800 = Europe and quite a lot of other countries.
> 1900 = USA / Canda

I'm afraid, actually, you're mistaken. Ask the folk over at
uk.telecom.mobile if you don't believe me...

Regards,

Rich.

Stephen \(aka steford\)
July 21st 03, 12:34 PM
Heather-SCOTGIRL wrote:
> this is an old phone I found and it accepts only o2/bt sims, was
> wanting to know how to I get it to accept t mobile sims?
>
> is there any"free" way of unlocking this "oldish" phone
>
> thanks
>
I think your lesson from this thread is to ask in an appropriate newsgroup.

Stephen \(aka steford\)
July 22nd 03, 05:48 PM
Brian Harwood wrote:
> Steve
>
> Well she did ask for a "FREE" way of unlocking the phone in the
> "FREEbies" newsgroup....in case it slipped your attention.....dont be
> so pedantic !!!!
>
And look at the great advice she received - can be unlocked, can't be
unlocked, can't be used, can be used etc. Not pedantic just helpful. Asking
the experts is the way to go.

Google