PDA

View Full Version : Re: Sen. Orrin Hatch wants to blow up your computer!

Dissident
June 22nd 03, 07:00 PM
Albert Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:32:44 GMT
> Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Albert Wagner wrote:
>>
>>>More than likely the model will be confiscation as they do now when
>>>they"suspect" that you are somehow involved in drugs. The computers
>>>will all end up belonging to the local police.
>>
>>The "forfeiture" (read: theft by cop) laws are only
>>one of the many, many reasons that:
>>
>>The Only Good Cop Is A Dead Cop.
>>

> I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
> squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
> many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
> their jobs.

There are also many good fathers who compromise their
values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
believe they have only the best interests of their
victim at heart.

Dissident
June 22nd 03, 07:00 PM
Albert Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:32:44 GMT
> Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Albert Wagner wrote:
>>
>>>More than likely the model will be confiscation as they do now when
>>>they"suspect" that you are somehow involved in drugs. The computers
>>>will all end up belonging to the local police.
>>
>>The "forfeiture" (read: theft by cop) laws are only
>>one of the many, many reasons that:
>>
>>The Only Good Cop Is A Dead Cop.
>>

> I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
> squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
> many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
> their jobs.

There are also many good fathers who compromise their
values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
believe they have only the best interests of their
victim at heart.

bberry
June 22nd 03, 07:26 PM
>jitney wrote:
>> P.S.- The one I like is, "Prosecutors will be violated"

ie Jail rape?

bberry
June 22nd 03, 07:26 PM
>jitney wrote:
>> P.S.- The one I like is, "Prosecutors will be violated"

ie Jail rape?

Bob Ward
June 22nd 03, 10:26 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Albert Wagner wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:32:44 GMT
>> Dissident > wrote:

>>>The "forfeiture" (read: theft by cop) laws are only
>>>one of the many, many reasons that:
>>>
>>>The Only Good Cop Is A Dead Cop.
>>>

>> I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
>> squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
>> many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
>> their jobs.
>
>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>believe they have only the best interests of their
>victim at heart.

You are sharing entirely too much about your personal life here.

Bob Ward
June 22nd 03, 10:26 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Albert Wagner wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:32:44 GMT
>> Dissident > wrote:

>>>The "forfeiture" (read: theft by cop) laws are only
>>>one of the many, many reasons that:
>>>
>>>The Only Good Cop Is A Dead Cop.
>>>

>> I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
>> squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
>> many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
>> their jobs.
>
>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>believe they have only the best interests of their
>victim at heart.

You are sharing entirely too much about your personal life here.

.Educron
June 22nd 03, 11:24 PM
Bert Hyman > sayeth:

(Rick) wrote in
:

>> You know, most of the world is sitting back and watching in
>> amazed wonder as we give up our fair-use, first-use and First
>> Amendment rights to these thugs.
>
>Are you sure about that?
>
>While I've done no research of my own, I've read that the DMCA, under
>which all this nastyness is being implemented, was written to update
>the US copyright laws to meet current international treaty
>requirements.

You know, I am ****ing sick and tired of the *world* dictating
what we can and cannot do. It's bad enough that we have an impersonal
government taking away our rights day by day, and being the tools of
companies, but the world is an absolute monolith! The world can ****
off and die as far as I care, because that's the exact additude it
has tward us as individuals.

(Do people need explanations on why every G8 economic meeting has
been met with riots?)

.Educron
June 22nd 03, 11:24 PM
Bert Hyman > sayeth:

(Rick) wrote in
:

>> You know, most of the world is sitting back and watching in
>> amazed wonder as we give up our fair-use, first-use and First
>> Amendment rights to these thugs.
>
>Are you sure about that?
>
>While I've done no research of my own, I've read that the DMCA, under
>which all this nastyness is being implemented, was written to update
>the US copyright laws to meet current international treaty
>requirements.

You know, I am ****ing sick and tired of the *world* dictating
what we can and cannot do. It's bad enough that we have an impersonal
government taking away our rights day by day, and being the tools of
companies, but the world is an absolute monolith! The world can ****
off and die as far as I care, because that's the exact additude it
has tward us as individuals.

(Do people need explanations on why every G8 economic meeting has
been met with riots?)

.Educron
June 22nd 03, 11:30 PM
bberry > sayeth:

>>gotta support this, it means that his computer would be open for
>>searches. what wonderful illegal downloads do you think he's got
>
>I read on wired.com that his computer has unlicensed Java Script!
>
>"Let he is without sin cast the first stone"
>
>If you want to be holier than thou, your ass better be clean!

This is like the Europeans who warehoused human beings
to be sold in horrific, stuffy hot dungeons for months on
end, while they went to the chapel right next to it and
prayed and preached morals. Sen Hatch is a ****ing hypocrite
as well as a tool for the media corps.

.Educron
June 22nd 03, 11:30 PM
bberry > sayeth:

>>gotta support this, it means that his computer would be open for
>>searches. what wonderful illegal downloads do you think he's got
>
>I read on wired.com that his computer has unlicensed Java Script!
>
>"Let he is without sin cast the first stone"
>
>If you want to be holier than thou, your ass better be clean!

This is like the Europeans who warehoused human beings
to be sold in horrific, stuffy hot dungeons for months on
end, while they went to the chapel right next to it and
prayed and preached morals. Sen Hatch is a ****ing hypocrite
as well as a tool for the media corps.

June 22nd 03, 11:43 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Albert Wagner wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:32:44 GMT
>> Dissident > wrote:

>>>The "forfeiture" (read: theft by cop) laws are only
>>>one of the many, many reasons that:
>>>
>>>The Only Good Cop Is A Dead Cop.
>>>

>> I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
>> squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
>> many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
>> their jobs.
>
>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>believe they have only the best interests of their
>victim at heart.

Sorry to see someone is using my handle.

I did not write the above, as should be evident
from the different email address.

--

Dissident (the real thing)

June 22nd 03, 11:43 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Albert Wagner wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:32:44 GMT
>> Dissident > wrote:

>>>The "forfeiture" (read: theft by cop) laws are only
>>>one of the many, many reasons that:
>>>
>>>The Only Good Cop Is A Dead Cop.
>>>

>> I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
>> squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
>> many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
>> their jobs.
>
>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>believe they have only the best interests of their
>victim at heart.

Sorry to see someone is using my handle.

I did not write the above, as should be evident
from the different email address.

--

Dissident (the real thing)

June 22nd 03, 11:44 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:27:04 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Kent Wills wrote:
>> "Jeff P." > wrote in message
>>
>>>http://www.gopusa.com/news/2003/june/0619_hatch_computers.shtml
>>>
>>>"WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), chairman of the
>>>Senate Judiciary Committee, has proposed destroying the computers of
>>>those users who illegally download copyright-protected music and
>>>movies over the Internet."
>>

>> Seems a bit over the top to me. I don't recall anyone suggesting that
>> people who pirate videos should have their VCRs destroyed. Ok, they aren't
>> actually downloading these, generally, but the end result is the same.
>
>I think this is a great idea. And after the precedent
>is set, cops who lie in court will have their tongues
>cut out, businessmen who falsify accounting records
>will have their hands cut off, and God, um excuse me,
>Allah, will be worshipped in every school, as was meant
>to be.

Forged identity.

I did not write the above.

--

Dissident (the real one)

June 22nd 03, 11:44 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:27:04 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Kent Wills wrote:
>> "Jeff P." > wrote in message
>>
>>>http://www.gopusa.com/news/2003/june/0619_hatch_computers.shtml
>>>
>>>"WASHINGTON (Talon News) -- Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT), chairman of the
>>>Senate Judiciary Committee, has proposed destroying the computers of
>>>those users who illegally download copyright-protected music and
>>>movies over the Internet."
>>

>> Seems a bit over the top to me. I don't recall anyone suggesting that
>> people who pirate videos should have their VCRs destroyed. Ok, they aren't
>> actually downloading these, generally, but the end result is the same.
>
>I think this is a great idea. And after the precedent
>is set, cops who lie in court will have their tongues
>cut out, businessmen who falsify accounting records
>will have their hands cut off, and God, um excuse me,
>Allah, will be worshipped in every school, as was meant
>to be.

Forged identity.

I did not write the above.

--

Dissident (the real one)

June 22nd 03, 11:45 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:22:03 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

wrote:
>> BTW - did anybody notice that one of the more right-wing Reps (which
>> one?) wants to lower the threshold for ending a filibuster. Thus
>> disarming one of the few weapons left to the minority. Watch out, Tom
>> DeLay (or whoever); that could boomerang. You won't be in the catbird
>> seat forever. Then you can go back to being an exterminator, which I
>> think was your job before you started sucking on the government teat.
>
>Sort of the reverse of a certain well-known California
>citizen, formerly a terminator, who is talking about
>running for governor which will make him, if elected,
>an ex-Terminator.

Forged identity.

I did not write the above.

In a way, I even feel sorry for the poor creatures who
have to steal others' identities.

--

wrote:
>> BTW - did anybody notice that one of the more right-wing Reps (which
>> one?) wants to lower the threshold for ending a filibuster. Thus
>> disarming one of the few weapons left to the minority. Watch out, Tom
>> DeLay (or whoever); that could boomerang. You won't be in the catbird
>> seat forever. Then you can go back to being an exterminator, which I
>> think was your job before you started sucking on the government teat.
>
>Sort of the reverse of a certain well-known California
>citizen, formerly a terminator, who is talking about
>running for governor which will make him, if elected,
>an ex-Terminator.

Forged identity.

I did not write the above.

In a way, I even feel sorry for the poor creatures who
have to steal others' identities.

--

Dissident (the real one)

June 22nd 03, 11:46 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:17:41 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Horgon wrote:
>> "Just Plain Insane" > wrote in message
>>
>>>That's the only reason he is where he is, because Bush himself is a
>>>fundamentalist.
>>

>> At least he wants you to believe that he is. Like many who try to
>> portray themselves as Christian in order to gain office, his actions speak
>> louder than his words.
>
>Yeah, half the time I see one of those "WWJD" bracelets,
>I'm pretty convinced the wearer thinks what Jesus would
>do is kick the living **** out of any mofo that gets in
>his way, then cackle gleefully over his fallen foe's
>twitching body.

Forged message

I did not write the above.

(Sigh! How long is this idiot going to be
using the stolen identity that he's hiding behind?)

--

Dissident (the real one)

June 22nd 03, 11:46 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:17:41 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Horgon wrote:
>> "Just Plain Insane" > wrote in message
>>
>>>That's the only reason he is where he is, because Bush himself is a
>>>fundamentalist.
>>

>> At least he wants you to believe that he is. Like many who try to
>> portray themselves as Christian in order to gain office, his actions speak
>> louder than his words.
>
>Yeah, half the time I see one of those "WWJD" bracelets,
>I'm pretty convinced the wearer thinks what Jesus would
>do is kick the living **** out of any mofo that gets in
>his way, then cackle gleefully over his fallen foe's
>twitching body.

Forged message

I did not write the above.

(Sigh! How long is this idiot going to be
using the stolen identity that he's hiding behind?)

--

Dissident (the real one)

Just Plain Insane
June 23rd 03, 04:11 AM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 22:45:41 GMT I replied to BTR1701
> on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling
their name and phone number on the bathroom wall in
alt.consumers.experiences

wrote:

>> >Sort of the reverse of a certain well-known California
>> >citizen, formerly a terminator, who is talking about
>> >running for governor which will make him, if elected,
>> >an ex-Terminator.
>>
>> Forged identity.
>>
>> I did not write the above.
>>
>> In a way, I even feel sorry for the poor creatures who
>> have to steal others' identities.
>
>You're the only one entitled to use the name "dissident" in the entire
>world?
>
>If anyone else picks it, they must be forging your identity?
>
>How do you get through doors with an ego that big?

Gotta love people that have never met a k00k or a troll, like the
moron I'm replying to.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you think you know me, you don't.

Best feeling in the world? Watching your nemesis Sliding
down a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.--GroveGnome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

wrote:

>> >Sort of the reverse of a certain well-known California
>> >citizen, formerly a terminator, who is talking about
>> >running for governor which will make him, if elected,
>> >an ex-Terminator.
>>
>> Forged identity.
>>
>> I did not write the above.
>>
>> In a way, I even feel sorry for the poor creatures who
>> have to steal others' identities.
>
>You're the only one entitled to use the name "dissident" in the entire
>world?
>
>If anyone else picks it, they must be forging your identity?
>
>How do you get through doors with an ego that big?

Gotta love people that have never met a k00k or a troll, like the
moron I'm replying to.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you think you know me, you don't.
.........Satirically yours
**
Worst feeling in the world? Sliding down
a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.

Best feeling in the world? Watching your nemesis Sliding
down a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.--GroveGnome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just Plain Insane
June 23rd 03, 04:12 AM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:43:20 GMT I replied to

After 5 posts we GET THE ****ING PICTURE!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you think you know me, you don't.
.........Satirically yours
**
Worst feeling in the world? Sliding down
a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.

Best feeling in the world? Watching your nemesis Sliding
down a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.--GroveGnome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just Plain Insane
June 23rd 03, 04:12 AM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:43:20 GMT I replied to
on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling
their name and phone number on the bathroom wall in
alt.consumers.experiences

>Sorry to see someone is using my handle.
>
>I did not write the above, as should be evident
>from the different email address.

After 5 posts we GET THE ****ING PICTURE!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you think you know me, you don't.
.........Satirically yours
**
Worst feeling in the world? Sliding down
a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.

Best feeling in the world? Watching your nemesis Sliding
down a 51 foot razorblade into a pool of Gin.--GroveGnome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dissident
June 23rd 03, 12:18 PM
Bob Ward wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Albert Wagner wrote:

>>>I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
>>>squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
>>>many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
>>>their jobs.
>>
>>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>>believe they have only the best interests of their
>>victim at heart.
>

> You are sharing entirely too much about your personal life here.

I have always been completely open about this aspect
of my private life - that from personal experience I
despise abuse of power by those in authority, and
believe the appropriate response to double standards
is the use of deadly force by the downtrodden. I've
been subjected to that, I hate it, I won't put up with
it. No secret at all. Your snide little attempt to
paint me as abuser, rather than abused, is just that:
little, and a failed attempt. Try again.

Dissident
June 23rd 03, 12:18 PM
Bob Ward wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Albert Wagner wrote:

>>>I have to vigorously disagree with that. Civil Forfeiture I lay
>>>squarely at the feet of the currently clueless Supreme Court. There are
>>>many good cops, who like the rest of us, compromise their values to keep
>>>their jobs.
>>
>>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>>believe they have only the best interests of their
>>victim at heart.
>

> You are sharing entirely too much about your personal life here.

I have always been completely open about this aspect
of my private life - that from personal experience I
despise abuse of power by those in authority, and
believe the appropriate response to double standards
is the use of deadly force by the downtrodden. I've
been subjected to that, I hate it, I won't put up with
it. No secret at all. Your snide little attempt to
paint me as abuser, rather than abused, is just that:
little, and a failed attempt. Try again.

Dissident
June 23rd 03, 12:25 PM
Albert Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT
> Dissident > wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>>believe they have only the best interests of their
>>victim at heart.
>>

> Does your father know that you are on his computer?

My father never learned how to use a computer, though
I tried to teach him several times. Sadly, he is now
dead. The computer I am using is my own; whether he
knows I am using it depends on whether you believe in
an afterlife. But I am sure that actual content was
not intended to be part of your rejoinder, which was
simply an attempt to sidestep the issue of police
authorities who view citizens as objects to use, in
exactly the same way a molester views his victim.
Not all cops do so, but those who do are protected by
the ones who don't, thus making it virtually meaningless
to distinguish good cops from bad cops.

Dissident
June 23rd 03, 12:25 PM
Albert Wagner wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT
> Dissident > wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>>believe they have only the best interests of their
>>victim at heart.
>>

> Does your father know that you are on his computer?

My father never learned how to use a computer, though
I tried to teach him several times. Sadly, he is now
dead. The computer I am using is my own; whether he
knows I am using it depends on whether you believe in
an afterlife. But I am sure that actual content was
not intended to be part of your rejoinder, which was
simply an attempt to sidestep the issue of police
authorities who view citizens as objects to use, in
exactly the same way a molester views his victim.
Not all cops do so, but those who do are protected by
the ones who don't, thus making it virtually meaningless
to distinguish good cops from bad cops.

Barry Gold
June 23rd 03, 05:16 PM
Bert Hyman > wrote:
>While I've done no research of my own, I've read that the DMCA, under
>which all this nastyness is being implemented, was written to update
>the US copyright laws to meet current international treaty
>requirements.

That's what the people who pushed the DMCA through would have you
believe. Actually, the Berne convention specifies a term of 50 years
after the author's death. I looked in several places, including
http://www.cerebalaw.com/berne.htm

The 1978 copyright law put the US in compliance with the Berne
convention(*). Further extensions of the term were made to satisfy
campaign contributors from the recorded music and movie industries,
*not* as a requirement to satisfy the Berne convention. Successive US
laws have extended the protection, first to 75 years, then to 95 years
for motion pictures.

The DMCA is an attempt to turn back the tide of the digital
revolution. Before the creation of CDs, Mpegs, etc., a copy was
always of lower quality than the original. After 3 or 4 generations,
the copies looked pretty bad. But a work in digital form -- whether a
CD, DVD, word-processor document, a jpeg, an mpeg, wave file, or mp3,
can be copied again and again, and the last copy will be exactly like
the original.

The DMCA introduced draconian penalties for writing or distributing
anything (including software or hardware) that would bypass whatever
copy protection scheme might be introduced into a digital publication.
It also prohibited "reverse engineering" almost anything, with the
result that anyone who discovers security holes or other significant
errors in software may be prohibited from publishing their results.
The result of that is that other people will continue to use the
erroneous software, thinking they are safe, when in fact their systems
may be invaded by crackers, their data trashed, etc.

(*) Prior the 1978, US copyright law differed from the Berne
convention in 3 ways:

Old US Copyright law Berne Convention

Term: 28 years, renewable once life of author + 50 years

Start of
Protection: Publication in the US creation of work

Moral
Rights: none protected

Moral Rights are the right of the author to claim authorship and to
object to distortion or mutilation of the work that harm his
reputation.
author, and the right not to have the work modified/defaced
--
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, and
to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples, promising

Barry Gold
June 23rd 03, 05:16 PM
Bert Hyman > wrote:
>While I've done no research of my own, I've read that the DMCA, under
>which all this nastyness is being implemented, was written to update
>the US copyright laws to meet current international treaty
>requirements.

That's what the people who pushed the DMCA through would have you
believe. Actually, the Berne convention specifies a term of 50 years
after the author's death. I looked in several places, including
http://www.cerebalaw.com/berne.htm

The 1978 copyright law put the US in compliance with the Berne
convention(*). Further extensions of the term were made to satisfy
campaign contributors from the recorded music and movie industries,
*not* as a requirement to satisfy the Berne convention. Successive US
laws have extended the protection, first to 75 years, then to 95 years
for motion pictures.

The DMCA is an attempt to turn back the tide of the digital
revolution. Before the creation of CDs, Mpegs, etc., a copy was
always of lower quality than the original. After 3 or 4 generations,
the copies looked pretty bad. But a work in digital form -- whether a
CD, DVD, word-processor document, a jpeg, an mpeg, wave file, or mp3,
can be copied again and again, and the last copy will be exactly like
the original.

The DMCA introduced draconian penalties for writing or distributing
anything (including software or hardware) that would bypass whatever
copy protection scheme might be introduced into a digital publication.
It also prohibited "reverse engineering" almost anything, with the
result that anyone who discovers security holes or other significant
errors in software may be prohibited from publishing their results.
The result of that is that other people will continue to use the
erroneous software, thinking they are safe, when in fact their systems
may be invaded by crackers, their data trashed, etc.

(*) Prior the 1978, US copyright law differed from the Berne
convention in 3 ways:

Old US Copyright law Berne Convention

Term: 28 years, renewable once life of author + 50 years

Start of
Protection: Publication in the US creation of work

Moral
Rights: none protected

Moral Rights are the right of the author to claim authorship and to
object to distortion or mutilation of the work that harm his
reputation.
author, and the right not to have the work modified/defaced
--
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution of the United States of America, and
to the republic which it established, one nation from many peoples, promising
liberty and justice for all.

Kitty
June 23rd 03, 05:18 PM
From one of those Utah mormons:

I have just been informed that there will be a meeting at the Provo
City Library, July 2, and 6:00 pm. The purpose of this meeting is
what to do with Rep Cannon, Senator Hatch, and the immigration issue
that they are sponsoring. Cannon's bill is H.R. 1684, I have yet to
hear what Hatch has sponsored.

It is clear, that neither one of these elected representatives
actually are representing their constituents, and they and the
immigration issue will be the topic of discussion.

If you happen to be in the area, stop by. The goal of this group is
to see that the law is being followed. Which, likely will mean that
Hatch and Cannon have to go.

Kitty

Kitty
June 23rd 03, 05:18 PM
From one of those Utah mormons:

I have just been informed that there will be a meeting at the Provo
City Library, July 2, and 6:00 pm. The purpose of this meeting is
what to do with Rep Cannon, Senator Hatch, and the immigration issue
that they are sponsoring. Cannon's bill is H.R. 1684, I have yet to
hear what Hatch has sponsored.

It is clear, that neither one of these elected representatives
actually are representing their constituents, and they and the
immigration issue will be the topic of discussion.

If you happen to be in the area, stop by. The goal of this group is
to see that the law is being followed. Which, likely will mean that
Hatch and Cannon have to go.

Kitty

June 23rd 03, 09:09 PM
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:25:47 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Albert Wagner wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT
>> Dissident > wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>>>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>>>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>>>believe they have only the best interests of their
>>>victim at heart.
>>>

>> Does your father know that you are on his computer?
>
>My father never learned how to use a computer, though
>I tried to teach him several times. Sadly, he is now
>dead. The computer I am using is my own; whether he
>knows I am using it depends on whether you believe in
>an afterlife. But I am sure that actual content was
>not intended to be part of your rejoinder, which was
>simply an attempt to sidestep the issue of police
>authorities who view citizens as objects to use, in
>exactly the same way a molester views his victim.
>Not all cops do so, but those who do are protected by
>the ones who don't, thus making it virtually meaningless
>to distinguish good cops from bad cops.

Sigh! I trust most are aware by now that this weirdo is
using my handle. Bad news...

--

Dissident

June 23rd 03, 09:09 PM
On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 10:25:47 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

>Albert Wagner wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 17:00:35 GMT
>> Dissident > wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>>There are also many good fathers who compromise their
>>>values a little to get some pussy - from their 7-yr-old
>>>daughters. Guess that's OK too, huh, as long as *they*
>>>believe they have only the best interests of their
>>>victim at heart.
>>>

>> Does your father know that you are on his computer?
>
>My father never learned how to use a computer, though
>I tried to teach him several times. Sadly, he is now
>dead. The computer I am using is my own; whether he
>knows I am using it depends on whether you believe in
>an afterlife. But I am sure that actual content was
>not intended to be part of your rejoinder, which was
>simply an attempt to sidestep the issue of police
>authorities who view citizens as objects to use, in
>exactly the same way a molester views his victim.
>Not all cops do so, but those who do are protected by
>the ones who don't, thus making it virtually meaningless
>to distinguish good cops from bad cops.

Sigh! I trust most are aware by now that this weirdo is
using my handle. Bad news...

--

Dissident

June 23rd 03, 09:11 PM
On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:12:12 -0500, Just Plain Insane >
wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:43:20 GMT I replied to
on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling
>their name and phone number on the bathroom wall in
>alt.consumers.experiences
>
>>Sorry to see someone is using my handle.
>>
>>I did not write the above, as should be evident
>>from the different email address.
>
>After 5 posts we GET THE ****ING PICTURE!

Don't be rude! People who haven't been following this nut case might
indeed think it's me. How would you like YOUR name dragged
through the mud!

--

wrote:

>On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:43:20 GMT I replied to
on a piece of toilet paper while scribbling
>their name and phone number on the bathroom wall in
>alt.consumers.experiences
>
>>Sorry to see someone is using my handle.
>>
>>I did not write the above, as should be evident
>>from the different email address.
>
>After 5 posts we GET THE ****ING PICTURE!

Don't be rude! People who haven't been following this nut case might
indeed think it's me. How would you like YOUR name dragged
through the mud!

--

Dissident

Dissident
June 24th 03, 02:46 AM
wrote:
> Sigh! I trust most are aware by now that this weirdo is
> using my handle. Bad news...

Sorry you think that holding authorities accountable
for their actions makes one a weirdo. Ah well, there
is no accounting for taste.

As to using "your" handle, I have been posting in
alt.law-enforcement for nearly two years using this
handle, whereas your first posts here were maybe
a week ago. How long have you been using that
posting account, and in what groups? Appears to
be more a case of some third party's crossposts
having accidentally caused us to cross paths.

Dissident
June 24th 03, 02:46 AM
wrote:
> Sigh! I trust most are aware by now that this weirdo is
> using my handle. Bad news...

Sorry you think that holding authorities accountable
for their actions makes one a weirdo. Ah well, there
is no accounting for taste.

As to using "your" handle, I have been posting in
alt.law-enforcement for nearly two years using this
handle, whereas your first posts here were maybe
a week ago. How long have you been using that
posting account, and in what groups? Appears to
be more a case of some third party's crossposts
having accidentally caused us to cross paths.

Dissident
June 24th 03, 02:57 AM
wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:27:04 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Kent Wills wrote:

>>> Seems a bit over the top to me. I don't recall anyone suggesting that
>>>people who pirate videos should have their VCRs destroyed. Ok, they aren't
>>>actually downloading these, generally, but the end result is the same.
>>
>>I think this is a great idea. And after the precedent
>>is set, cops who lie in court will have their tongues
>>cut out, businessmen who falsify accounting records
>>will have their hands cut off, and God, um excuse me,
>>Allah, will be worshipped in every school, as was meant
>>to be.
>

> Forged identity.
>
> I did not write the above.
>
> --
>
> Dissident (the real one)

NO forgery. You are not the only dissident in the
world. Get over it. Sheesh. With nuts like you
around, I'm lucky I don't use my real first
name as a handle. It's a common American man's
given name - lots of guys have it, and if they all
thought like you, I'd be seeing hundreds of followup
posts saying "but my name is Bill, so if he's posting
as Bill, he must be forging my name". At least there
are damn few other dissidents on the net. I just had
the misfortune to run into you.

Dissident
June 24th 03, 02:57 AM
wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:27:04 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Kent Wills wrote:

>>> Seems a bit over the top to me. I don't recall anyone suggesting that
>>>people who pirate videos should have their VCRs destroyed. Ok, they aren't
>>>actually downloading these, generally, but the end result is the same.
>>
>>I think this is a great idea. And after the precedent
>>is set, cops who lie in court will have their tongues
>>cut out, businessmen who falsify accounting records
>>will have their hands cut off, and God, um excuse me,
>>Allah, will be worshipped in every school, as was meant
>>to be.
>

> Forged identity.
>
> I did not write the above.
>
> --
>
> Dissident (the real one)

NO forgery. You are not the only dissident in the
world. Get over it. Sheesh. With nuts like you
around, I'm lucky I don't use my real first
name as a handle. It's a common American man's
given name - lots of guys have it, and if they all
thought like you, I'd be seeing hundreds of followup
posts saying "but my name is Bill, so if he's posting
as Bill, he must be forging my name". At least there
are damn few other dissidents on the net. I just had
the misfortune to run into you.

Dissident
June 24th 03, 03:00 AM
wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:17:41 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Horgon wrote:

>>> At least he wants you to believe that he is. Like many who try to
>>>portray themselves as Christian in order to gain office, his actions speak
>>>louder than his words.
>>
>>Yeah, half the time I see one of those "WWJD" bracelets,
>>I'm pretty convinced the wearer thinks what Jesus would
>>do is kick the living **** out of any mofo that gets in
>>his way, then cackle gleefully over his fallen foe's
>>twitching body.
>

> Forged message
>
> I did not write the above.
>
> (Sigh! How long is this idiot going to be
> using the stolen identity that he's hiding behind?)
>
> --
>
> Dissident (the real one)

I've been posting here for nearly two years. You
just started appearing last week. That makes *you*
the thief, except of course that's an idiotic thing
to say. I guess you think everyone in the country
who claims their name is George is just trying to
impersonate the President, too.

Dissident
June 24th 03, 03:00 AM
wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:17:41 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>

>>Horgon wrote:

>>> At least he wants you to believe that he is. Like many who try to
>>>portray themselves as Christian in order to gain office, his actions speak
>>>louder than his words.
>>
>>Yeah, half the time I see one of those "WWJD" bracelets,
>>I'm pretty convinced the wearer thinks what Jesus would
>>do is kick the living **** out of any mofo that gets in
>>his way, then cackle gleefully over his fallen foe's
>>twitching body.
>

> Forged message
>
> I did not write the above.
>
> (Sigh! How long is this idiot going to be
> using the stolen identity that he's hiding behind?)
>
> --
>
> Dissident (the real one)

I've been posting here for nearly two years. You
just started appearing last week. That makes *you*
the thief, except of course that's an idiotic thing
to say. I guess you think everyone in the country
who claims their name is George is just trying to
impersonate the President, too.

Former
June 25th 03, 10:06 AM
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:00:23 GMT, Dissident > wrote:

wrote:

>>>Yeah, half the time I see one of those "WWJD" bracelets,
>>>I'm pretty convinced the wearer thinks what Jesus would
>>>do is kick the living **** out of any mofo that gets in
>>>his way, then cackle gleefully over his fallen foe's
>>>twitching body.
>>

>> Forged message
>>
>> I did not write the above.
>>
>> (Sigh! How long is this idiot going to be
>> using the stolen identity that he's hiding behind?)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dissident (the real one)
>
>I've been posting here for nearly two years. You
>just started appearing last week.

If you mean <alt.law-enforcement> I never visited that NG; don't know
a thing about it; should have been more careful in deleting x-posts.

I never saw messages under our mutual "handle" in the years I've been
reading *consumer NGs* but I'll take your word for it. I've been
posting here for years, but had to stop using my real name because I
was targeted by an Internet stalker who stole my identity to post
material all over the 'Net that you wouldn't want your wife or
daughter to read.

Once burned, twice shy. It's not surprising that I should have
reacted fearfully to what seemed (but I am glad is not) more
of that awful business.

That makes *you*
>the thief, except of course that's an idiotic thing
>to say.

I guess you think everyone in the country
>who claims their name is George is just trying to
>impersonate the President, too.

Shudder!

--

(Former) Dissident

wrote:

>>>Yeah, half the time I see one of those "WWJD" bracelets,
>>>I'm pretty convinced the wearer thinks what Jesus would
>>>do is kick the living **** out of any mofo that gets in
>>>his way, then cackle gleefully over his fallen foe's
>>>twitching body.
>>

>> Forged message
>>
>> I did not write the above.
>>
>> (Sigh! How long is this idiot going to be
>> using the stolen identity that he's hiding behind?)
>>
>> --
>>
>> Dissident (the real one)
>
>I've been posting here for nearly two years. You
>just started appearing last week.

If you mean <alt.law-enforcement> I never visited that NG; don't know
a thing about it; should have been more careful in deleting x-posts.

I never saw messages under our mutual "handle" in the years I've been
reading *consumer NGs* but I'll take your word for it. I've been
posting here for years, but had to stop using my real name because I
was targeted by an Internet stalker who stole my identity to post
material all over the 'Net that you wouldn't want your wife or
daughter to read.

Once burned, twice shy. It's not surprising that I should have
reacted fearfully to what seemed (but I am glad is not) more
of that awful business.

That makes *you*
>the thief, except of course that's an idiotic thing
>to say.

I guess you think everyone in the country
>who claims their name is George is just trying to
>impersonate the President, too.

Shudder!

--

(Former) Dissident

Mogie
June 26th 03, 10:33 PM
Kill em' all and let God sort them out.

Hehehehehehe!

Mogie
June 26th 03, 10:33 PM
Kill em' all and let God sort them out.

Hehehehehehe!

Dissident
June 28th 03, 06:38 PM
Former wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:00:23 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>>I've been posting here for nearly two years. You
>>just started appearing last week.
>

> If you mean <alt.law-enforcement> I never visited that NG; don't know
> a thing about it; should have been more careful in deleting x-posts.
>
> I never saw messages under our mutual "handle" in the years I've been
> reading *consumer NGs* but I'll take your word for it. I've been
> posting here for years, but had to stop using my real name because I
> was targeted by an Internet stalker who stole my identity to post
> material all over the 'Net that you wouldn't want your wife or
> daughter to read.
>
> Once burned, twice shy. It's not surprising that I should have
> reacted fearfully to what seemed (but I am glad is not) more
> of that awful business.

No problem. It's a big net. If I find the time, and more
importantly can spare the bandwidth, it might be an
interesting exercise to download just the From: headers
of newsgroups and see how many others may be using the
"dissident" label.

Good luck avoiding stalkers. And remember, the "tag" part
of the sender's name is merely descriptive, thus:

Dweeb In Chief >

really IS the president's address, whereas

George W. Bush >

is just some dufus with delusions of grandeur.

Dissident
June 28th 03, 06:38 PM
Former wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:00:23 GMT, Dissident > wrote:
>>I've been posting here for nearly two years. You
>>just started appearing last week.
>

> If you mean <alt.law-enforcement> I never visited that NG; don't know
> a thing about it; should have been more careful in deleting x-posts.
>
> I never saw messages under our mutual "handle" in the years I've been
> reading *consumer NGs* but I'll take your word for it. I've been
> posting here for years, but had to stop using my real name because I
> was targeted by an Internet stalker who stole my identity to post
> material all over the 'Net that you wouldn't want your wife or
> daughter to read.
>
> Once burned, twice shy. It's not surprising that I should have
> reacted fearfully to what seemed (but I am glad is not) more
> of that awful business.

No problem. It's a big net. If I find the time, and more
importantly can spare the bandwidth, it might be an
interesting exercise to download just the From: headers
of newsgroups and see how many others may be using the
"dissident" label.

Good luck avoiding stalkers. And remember, the "tag" part
of the sender's name is merely descriptive, thus:

Dweeb In Chief >

really IS the president's address, whereas

George W. Bush >

is just some dufus with delusions of grandeur.

Google