PDA

View Full Version : Re: What would make a ceiling fan stop running?

Me
June 30th 03, 01:30 PM
In article >,
(Daniel) wrote:

> One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
> And it's never turned on again.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
> new one if I don't need it.

Take your pick:

Bad switch, bad wiring, bad fan motor, blown fuse or tripped circuit
breaker.

Call an electrician if you do not know how to isolate these possible
causes.

Me
June 30th 03, 01:30 PM
In article >,
(Daniel) wrote:

> One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
> And it's never turned on again.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
> new one if I don't need it.

Take your pick:

Bad switch, bad wiring, bad fan motor, blown fuse or tripped circuit
breaker.

Call an electrician if you do not know how to isolate these possible
causes.

Halcitron
June 30th 03, 03:00 PM
>From: (Daniel)
>Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
>Date: 29 Jun 2003 15:40:08 -0700

>One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
>And it's never turned on again.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
>new one if I don't need it.
>
>Thanks.

Try flushing the toilet. If that don't fix it then, my best guess is that you
forgot to pay your water bill. So, you should be sure to get it sent today.

(j/k)

:)

caveat lector

Halcitron misc.survivalism
Check your six and know when to duck.
NRA Member since 2002
The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.

Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

Halcitron
June 30th 03, 03:00 PM
>From: (Daniel)
>Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
>Date: 29 Jun 2003 15:40:08 -0700

>One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
>And it's never turned on again.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
>new one if I don't need it.
>
>Thanks.

Try flushing the toilet. If that don't fix it then, my best guess is that you
forgot to pay your water bill. So, you should be sure to get it sent today.

(j/k)

:)

caveat lector

Halcitron misc.survivalism
Check your six and know when to duck.
NRA Member since 2002
The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.

Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

Daniel
June 30th 03, 09:35 PM
(Halcitron) wrote in message >...
> >From: (Daniel)
> >Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> >Date: 29 Jun 2003 15:40:08 -0700
>

> >One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
> >And it's never turned on again.
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
> >new one if I don't need it.
> >
> >Thanks.
>
> Try flushing the toilet. If that don't fix it then, my best guess is that you
> forgot to pay your water bill. So, you should be sure to get it sent today.
>

> (j/k)
>
> :)
>

> caveat lector
>
> Halcitron misc.survivalism
> Check your six and know when to duck.
> NRA Member since 2002
> The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.
>
> Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

Thanks, asshole.

Daniel
June 30th 03, 09:35 PM
(Halcitron) wrote in message >...
> >From: (Daniel)
> >Newsgroups: misc.consumers.frugal-living
> >Date: 29 Jun 2003 15:40:08 -0700
>

> >One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
> >And it's never turned on again.
> >
> >Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
> >new one if I don't need it.
> >
> >Thanks.
>
> Try flushing the toilet. If that don't fix it then, my best guess is that you
> forgot to pay your water bill. So, you should be sure to get it sent today.
>

> (j/k)
>
> :)
>

> caveat lector
>
> Halcitron misc.survivalism
> Check your six and know when to duck.
> NRA Member since 2002
> The Law of the Land, is the weapon in your hand.
>
> Smith & Wesson starts where the Bill of Rights stop.

Thanks, asshole.

Lee K
July 1st 03, 04:27 PM
Ceiling fans generate a lot of vibration: my guess is some wire connection
came loose in the electrical box to which the fan is attached. If you're
not comfortable with electrical issues, time to call your trusty
electrician.

"Daniel" > wrote in message
om...
> One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
> And it's never turned on again.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
> new one if I don't need it.
>
> Thanks.

Lee K
July 1st 03, 04:27 PM
Ceiling fans generate a lot of vibration: my guess is some wire connection
came loose in the electrical box to which the fan is attached. If you're
not comfortable with electrical issues, time to call your trusty
electrician.

"Daniel" > wrote in message
om...
> One day it was working. The next time I flicked the switch, nothing.
> And it's never turned on again.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what happened? I don't want to have to buy a
> new one if I don't need it.
>
> Thanks.

Google