PDA

View Full Version : Furthermore....

Andy in Fink
July 1st 03, 03:03 PM

> If the timer only uses 4 watts (like an electric clock), its electricity
> costs about $4/year...
>
> Nick

A timer to control a hot water heater could need to be a model
that has heavier contacts than most cheaper versions, otherwise
the contacts would burn out.

However, assuming you could buy a suitable timer for
, say, $10 --

If you put the $10 in the bank at 6% interest, the sixty cents
per year in interest would more than pay for the electicity
you saved......

Lots of great ideas just are worth doing, from a cost standpoint...

Andy

July 1st 03, 03:14 PM
"Andy in Fink" > wrote:

>If you put the $10 in the bank at 6% interest, the sixty cents
>per year in interest would more than pay for the electicity
>you saved......

ROTFL! Please inform us which bank will pay 6% interest.

In the meantime, the cost of power and the cost of the timer will continue to
rise...

July 1st 03, 03:14 PM
"Andy in Fink" > wrote:

>If you put the $10 in the bank at 6% interest, the sixty cents
>per year in interest would more than pay for the electicity
>you saved......

ROTFL! Please inform us which bank will pay 6% interest.

In the meantime, the cost of power and the cost of the timer will continue to
rise...

The Real Bev
July 1st 03, 06:17 PM
wrote:

> "Andy in Fink" > wrote:
>
> >If you put the $10 in the bank at 6% interest, the sixty cents
> >per year in interest would more than pay for the electicity
> >you saved......
>
> ROTFL! Please inform us which bank will pay 6% interest.
>
> In the meantime, the cost of power and the cost of the timer will continue to
> rise...

Have you considered the resale value of the timer and accelerated
depreciation recapture effects? I thought not...

--
Cheers,
Bev

The Real Bev
July 1st 03, 06:17 PM
wrote:

> "Andy in Fink" > wrote:
>
> >If you put the $10 in the bank at 6% interest, the sixty cents
> >per year in interest would more than pay for the electicity
> >you saved......
>
> ROTFL! Please inform us which bank will pay 6% interest.
>
> In the meantime, the cost of power and the cost of the timer will continue to
> rise...

Have you considered the resale value of the timer and accelerated
depreciation recapture effects? I thought not...

--
Cheers,
Bev
"The way England treats her prisoners, she doesn't
deserve to have any." --Oscar Wilde

Google